It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello GoG Team,

Obsedian announced that they send the Patch 1.06 to your hands.
When will the Patch app. be released here at GoG ?

Thank you very much.
Cheers
Grabowski
Post edited June 02, 2015 by grabowski
This question / problem has been solved by Belsirkimage
grabowski: Hello GoG Team,

Thank you very much.
Cheers
Grabowski
GOG has to package patches into their own installers, which takes time (as they test them). The first patch too a couple days, but subsequent ones were quite fast. It may be tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's up within a few hours.
Yeah, GOG has became rather fast with the last patches. I think one was available here only hours after it was released by Obsidian. Don't expect several days anymore tbh.
grabowski: Hello GoG Team,

Thank you very much.
Cheers
Grabowski
Coelocanth: GOG has to package patches into their own installers, which takes time (as they test them). The first patch too a couple days, but subsequent ones were quite fast. It may be tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's up within a few hours.
7+few hours please :P IS already midnight, anyway this is a sacred moment for the Gog Galaxy client.
It's a little frustrating not to see it by now, because if I play I'll feel like I'm playing an incomplete game.. and the paladin in my party could be a little better if I had the patch! lol. Playing on hard I'll need the extra healing soon enough!
Well, i would like to state that i wrote "When will the Patch app. be released here at GoG ? "...my intention wasn´t to build some stress on that (i do know that i am not in the position for that purpose...), well: it´s just that i am curious about it. when I left a different impression then I'm sorry. So far i am absolutely satisfied about the work from GoG. :-)

However i am looking forward to the release.

I do not understand "anyway this is a sacred moment for the Gog Galaxy client."...?

Cheers
Grabowski
Post edited June 03, 2015 by grabowski
grabowski: Well, i would like to state that i wrote "When will the Patch app. be released here at GoG ? "...my intention wasn´t to build some stress on that (i do know that i am not in the position for that purpose...), well: it´s just that i am curious about it. when I left a different impression then I'm sorry. So far i am absolutely satisfied about the work from GoG. :-)

However i am looking forward to the release.

I do not understand "anyway this is a sacred moment for the Gog Galaxy client."...?

Cheers
Grabowski
Because, how quickly the patch for Pillars become avaliable to the beta users (Gog Galaxy is still in beta) will justify all the changes Gog had been doing. They, in theory, will be the first one getting the patch (because once is avaliable in Gog servers will be a transparent process for the Galaxy), but if something weird happens and the beta testers need to install the patch by hand... ouch :P
fruban: It's a little frustrating not to see it by now, because if I play I'll feel like I'm playing an incomplete game.. and the paladin in my party could be a little better if I had the patch! lol. Playing on hard I'll need the extra healing soon enough!
Being honest, the patch 1.06 is not a big deal, the paladins even before the 1.05 were very useful. This patch is good but the game seem to be far enough of "incomplete".
Post edited June 03, 2015 by Belsirk
Ok, understand. Thanks for the kindly explanation, Belsirk. I appreciate.
Well about "incomplete"...at the obsedian forums regarding the last two patches there are different opinions about that...there is some harsh critics regarding how "complete" the game is (...or not...)...for me mostly everything in this game is fine...me personally would like to get an option in the setting where i could setup the fog of war (or at least a mod doing the same). I really like and understand fow...but i also like to enjoy the beautiful graphics...for me graphics is an main aspect for the atmosphere in an game. But obviously they won´t touch this...& i fully agree for that design decision at vendor site.

Thank you
Cheers
Grabowski
Belsirk: Being honest, the patch 1.06 is not a big deal,
Everyone who is affected by one of the bugs fixed in it would surely disagree. :)
I think it's been pushed the galaxy. At least I hope so, Pillars suddenly began to download 3.3 gigs of data, and I'm getting them at a whooping speed of ... Failed per second, apparently. Hmm.
Well it appears in the library despite lack of any notification of updates so the patch is here it seems. (Also yuck, Galaxy trying to redownload whole game to update)
Well since a couple of minutes the patch was assigned to the library...so: have fun.
Thanks to GoG for their really fast support!

Cheers
Grabowski
Mmm... "Server Problem" with Galaxy while trying to patch.
srlapo: Mmm... "Server Problem" with Galaxy while trying to patch.
I just grabbed it via the old GOG DLer. Maybe check that out if you can't get Galaxy to cooperate.
I am using the manual patch right now. Hopefully I can verify/repair later from Galaxy so it doesn't try to patch over the manually patched game.

Edit: Nope, patched fine, played it fine but galaxy patched over it as soon as I fired it up the next day. Aborting and using the verify feature didn't help either. Sigh, I hope it works after it is done...
Post edited June 04, 2015 by srlapo