It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lingxin: It seems GOG is for unknown reasons (probably pandemic-related) short staffed. But it does not mean they ignore you.
dessoul: Or it could be, because it is weekend? I just to mentioned this, because i do not understand, why there are people around, which wants to be served now and yesterday?
The guys on gog have a weekend, like everybody else. They have families and a life. And a contract.
And just because a game was released, just means, that they have to burn all their life away, just to make sure, that this game runs.

I am pretty sure, you guys will get your offline thing next week.
I have mentioned it in general. Of course families and work life balance in general come always first. Aside from the fact that it is most likely delayed due to the weekend, people have reported here and in other topics that their requests are not being approached despite waiting for days.

While one suspicion might be that they have not submitted their request properly, it could be as well due to the short staff situation which is mentioned by the GOG reply.

"Please be aware that we have changed your ticket’s status to Pending, therefore, if you require further assistance, you should reply to this message, which will reopen the ticket. We'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible, but given the current situation it may take us up to 2 weeks, for which we sincerely apologize."

In addition to that, they actually do offer a 24h support action for reports submitted in English, regardless of weekend or not.

I would be a huge and bad surprise if the issues around the offline installers are not resolved by Tuesday.
Vaevictus73: Seems going with Gog was a mistake over Steam tbh.
Lingxin: Unlike those who are hard against a platform like GOG Galaxy and Steam in general, it seems weird if you consider Steam okay but not GOG Galaxy.
You misunderstand. Steam is trash and Galaxy is trash. But if we're truly being forced through sheer necessity to use one of them, there is literally no reason not to go Steam over Galaxy. In the past I might've still favored GOG over Steam due to general business practices, but since GOG capitulated to the chinks I have literally zero incentive to support them over anyone else.
Vaevictus73: Steam at least has the updates on time. I used the offline installers for gog. When i saw that the galaxy may have had updated files, i installed galaxy. While galaxy recognizes that the game is owned it doesnt see it as installed and hence cant update it.

Thats pretty trash coding and it leads me to believe galaxy has zero advantage over steam. Not that it matters much because from what i read of .02 hotfix, those fixes solved things and still managed to break other things..so net result is thats it probably as buggy as it was before.
Sorry, i am more then confused here:

you have the game on gog. And you cannot install it? Or you do not want install it, because you prefer the offline version?
- Because if you use galaxy, this whole topic does not matter anymore, as the newest version is installied automaticially. Damn, i have the newest version! Why wouldn´t it be not available for you, if you install it via galaxy?!?

Doesn´t make any sense for me.
Or did you disable automatic update?
Lingxin: Unlike those who are hard against a platform like GOG Galaxy and Steam in general, it seems weird if you consider Steam okay but not GOG Galaxy.
Luckmann: You misunderstand. Steam is trash and Galaxy is trash. But if we're truly being forced through sheer necessity to use one of them, there is literally no reason not to go Steam over Galaxy. In the past I might've still favored GOG over Steam due to general business practices, but since GOG capitulated to the chinks I have literally zero incentive to support them over anyone else.
And regarding this: I had to learn on steam the hard way, that you have very little support there. And there are even steam based bugs around, which can stay for a very very long time.
So, if you want to make a real comparison, then test out steam for a while. The problems might not happen now, but you will feel them, when you need help the most....
I made more positive experiences on gog than on steam. So, i prefer gog. But you really really should make your own experiences. Maybe you will be positively suprised.
Post edited September 19, 2021 by dessoul
Vaevictus73: Steam at least has the updates on time. I used the offline installers for gog. When i saw that the galaxy may have had updated files, i installed galaxy. While galaxy recognizes that the game is owned it doesnt see it as installed and hence cant update it.

Thats pretty trash coding and it leads me to believe galaxy has zero advantage over steam. Not that it matters much because from what i read of .02 hotfix, those fixes solved things and still managed to break other things..so net result is thats it probably as buggy as it was before.
dessoul: Sorry, i am more then confused here:

you have the game on gog. And you cannot install it? Or you do not want install it, because you prefer the offline version?
- Because if you use galaxy, this whole topic does not matter anymore, as the newest version is installied automaticially. Damn, i have the newest version! Why wouldn´t it be not available for you, if you install it via galaxy?!?

Doesn´t make any sense for me.
Or did you disable automatic update?
Luckmann: You misunderstand. Steam is trash and Galaxy is trash. But if we're truly being forced through sheer necessity to use one of them, there is literally no reason not to go Steam over Galaxy. In the past I might've still favored GOG over Steam due to general business practices, but since GOG capitulated to the chinks I have literally zero incentive to support them over anyone else.
dessoul: And regarding this: I had to learn on steam the hard way, that you have very little support there. And there are even steam based bugs around, which can stay for a very very long time.
So, if you want to make a real comparison, then test out steam for a while. The problems might not happen now, but you will feel them, when you need help the most....
I made more positive experiences on gog than on steam. So, i prefer gog. But you really really should make your own experiences. Maybe you will be positively suprised.
bro, thats a you + parsing english problem. Theres no way i could have possibly made it clearer. Do you need a video with step by step?

As for Steam, ive never had an issue with it. Ive even used it to stream a game or two to a dev so they could loop in and show them what was occurring while also having them on discord audio.
Post edited September 20, 2021 by Vaevictus73
dessoul: And regarding this: I had to learn on steam the hard way, that you have very little support there. And there are even steam based bugs around, which can stay for a very very long time.
I have considerable experience with both. I have historically favored GOG, but there's simply a lot of games that are not offered on GOG, and since they now kowtow to the party line, there's simply no reason to favor GOG since they fail to even deliver the core reason to favor them in the first place.
The latest version installer is now available. Now just hoping they do not skip the patch... so far only 1.0.4d.01 to 1.0.4d.02 Has became available. Missing the link to 1.0.3c
dessoul: Or it could be, because it is weekend? I just to mentioned this, because i do not understand, why there are people around, which wants to be served now and yesterday?
The guys on gog have a weekend, like everybody else. They have families and a life. And a contract.
And just because a game was released, just means, that they have to burn all their life away, just to make sure, that this game runs.

I am pretty sure, you guys will get your offline thing next week.
Vaevictus73: latest update from the 17th, the one previous 15th..

Not over the weekend. Do more research.

Galaxy WILL update the game

In the upper left corner of the app you can see a gear-shaped icon.
click on that gear
then click "add games & friends"
then click "scan folders for ..."
then click "select folder"
now choose the folder where you installed
Attachments:
Post edited September 20, 2021 by timshaw
GOG f**ked up. Now i have to redownload the whole thing, unistall the old version and install the new one.

Just great.
Givemedanger: GOG f**ked up. Now i have to redownload the whole thing, unistall the old version and install the new one.

Just great.
Just checked, yeah, no actual patch for 1.0.3c+
Now they fixed it. Took them some time though.
Givemedanger: GOG f**ked up. Now i have to redownload the whole thing, unistall the old version and install the new one.

Just great.
You can install new version right over the old one
and it will upgrade and migrate your saves etc.

you have to reinstall DLC and any mods.

Just great.
timshaw: You can install new version right over the old one

Thankfully the missing patches have arrived. So the forums can probably finally calm down about the issue for now.
timshaw: You can install new version right over the old one

Lingxin: Thankfully the missing patches have arrived. So the forums can probably finally calm down about the issue for now.
The main problem has not been solved, sure the patch finally arrived 4 days later, that is until inevitably this mess happen again

Stop shilling for gog incompetence
Lingxin: Thankfully the missing patches have arrived. So the forums can probably finally calm down about the issue for now.
Catrhis: The main problem has not been solved, sure the patch finally arrived 4 days later, that is until inevitably this mess happen again

I do not know what "shilling" means. But I encourage you to rely on your support ticket if it bothers you that much.
Catrhis: The main problem has not been solved, sure the patch finally arrived 4 days later, that is until inevitably this mess happen again

I WANT MY CANDY!

.... What i want to say is: i doubt, that guys like you are ever happy or satisfied about anything. I bet, you are quite the womanizer at parties.
Post edited September 20, 2021 by dessoul