It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

A question about Valerie Kinetic Knight

If I rush KK level 9 in order to get Blade Whirlwind as soon as possible, would that weaken the overall build?
Zopenco: Hello,

A question about Valerie Kinetic Knight

If I rush KK level 9 in order to get Blade Whirlwind as soon as possible, would that weaken the overall build?
Not really. Only difference is the feats will be taken in a bit less efficient manner with improved unarmed being shifted up.
Post edited October 12, 2020 by InEffect
Hope it's okay to ask this here, but I haven't read this thread in about 6months or so, and I'm wondering, is there anyway to search for only the posts InEffect has made?

Most forums let you search a thread by username, but I have no idea how to do that on GOG (also it'll save me a lot of time to just read his answers, which I consider expert, rather than all the questions slash debates)....

edit: Note, yes I know I can search for InEffect in this thread, but that searches for every time he is mentioned, not every time he posts, aka an author search.... not quite what I want. Weird for a forum to be missing that option, so I assume I'm just missing it?
Post edited October 27, 2020 by left1000
Everything worthwhile was indexed in the 1st post.
InEffect: Feyspeaker Shifter

Race: Human
Alignment: LN

Stats:
Str: 18 > 22
Dex: 15>16@4
Con: 12
Int: 7
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Final Build: Monk(Scaled Fist) 1/Druid(Feyspeaker) 17/Fighter 2
Domain: None
Pet: Leopard

Main skills: Persuasion, Mobility 3, Athletics 1, Stealth 1
Suggested secondary skills: Stealth, Athletics

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Monk - Dodge // Weapon Focus: Claw // Crane Style
How do you get the starting attributes above? The only way to get that if I take dual-talents from human's alternative but that means will lose out on extra feat so couldn't take 3rd feat as listed on your guide. How to get that starting attributes and feats at level 1 as a human?
Post edited November 16, 2020 by belkyrnn
Don't believe your lying eyes, I guess
https://i.imgur.com/AFfkhV3.png
Post edited November 16, 2020 by InEffect
InEffect: Don't believe your lying eyes, I guess
https://i.imgur.com/AFfkhV3.png
Ah, my bad. I didn't realize that mercenary gets 20 points buy. I was trying to build that template for my mercenary. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for taking the time to check.
I was surprised to see that you stopped updating your guides, what happened with the devs?
andvaare: I was surprised to see that you stopped updating your guides, what happened with the devs?
Devs are fine. Their community management(and, I guess, general management), however, are not so fine.
andvaare: I was surprised to see that you stopped updating your guides, what happened with the devs?
InEffect: Devs are fine. Their community management(and, I guess, general management), however, are not so fine.
Can you elaborate why the management is not fine?

To be honest I think you had a strong impact on how I and a great many other people play Pathfinder Kingmaker, for the better. I´ve learned a lot of building effective classes and especially spell selection. E.g. I fell into the trap of trying to build wizards as a sort of damage dealers and overrated a lot of their damage spells and underrated the control aspect. This is just one of many examples where you have contributed. So I was not only surprised about your update but also think that the community will suffer for it. Also I was hoping that you would write guides for the new Pathfinder, but I guess that´s out of the question now?

Any other games you´re active in and writing guides for?
Post edited November 17, 2020 by andvaare
andvaare: Can you elaborate why the management is not fine?
No. I won't stoke any drama. The issue is long in the past anyway.

andvaare: To be honest I think you had a strong impact on how I and a great many other people play Pathfinder Kingmaker, for the better. I´ve learned a lot of building effective classes and especially spell selection. E.g. I fell into the trap of trying to build wizards as a sort of damage dealers and overrated a lot of their damage spells and underrated the control aspect. This is just one of many examples where you have contributed. So I was not only surprised about your update but also think that the community will suffer for it. Also I was hoping that you would write guides for the new Pathfinder, but I guess that´s out of the question now?
I sure didm't preorder or back it. But if the game finds its way to me(aka be on sale or maybe one of my friends gifts it) I might do something similar since in essense it's just my notes I do for most games anyways with a bit of editing.

andvaare: Any other games you´re active in and writing guides for?
It's pretty rare that I like the game enough to put in the work or that are complex enough to require it. And the game has to have inadequate guides or none. Pretty sure the only other one that's easy to find is for atom.
Post edited November 17, 2020 by InEffect
andvaare: Can you elaborate why the management is not fine?
InEffect: No. I won't stoke any drama. The issue is long in the past anyway.

andvaare: To be honest I think you had a strong impact on how I and a great many other people play Pathfinder Kingmaker, for the better. I´ve learned a lot of building effective classes and especially spell selection. E.g. I fell into the trap of trying to build wizards as a sort of damage dealers and overrated a lot of their damage spells and underrated the control aspect. This is just one of many examples where you have contributed. So I was not only surprised about your update but also think that the community will suffer for it. Also I was hoping that you would write guides for the new Pathfinder, but I guess that´s out of the question now?
InEffect: I sure didm't preorder or back it. But if the game finds its way to me(aka be on sale or maybe one of my friends gifts it) I might do something similar since in essense it's just my notes I do for most games anyways with a bit of editing.

andvaare: Any other games you´re active in and writing guides for?
InEffect: It's pretty rare that I like the game enough to put in the work or that are complex enough to require it. And the game has to have inadequate guides or none. Pretty sure the only other one that's easy to find is for atom.
Where the actions directed against you personally or more bad general decisions made by the management? Would you recommend others to boycott Owlcat´s games based on your conflict? I.e. are their actions immoral?
andvaare: Where the actions directed against you personally or more bad general decisions made by the management? Would you recommend others to boycott Owlcat´s games based on your conflict? I.e. are their actions immoral?
I certainly wouldn't want anyone to boycott anything. I don't condone any canceling whatsoever. It's a hobby. I don't like the management, doesn't stop me from playing the game and I will get wotr on a sale or something. I just aint willing to put money up-front now for what will be a buggy mess for half a year anyway.
Post edited November 17, 2020 by InEffect
InEffect: Valerie

Role: Tank/Disruptor

Stats:
Str: 14 > 18
Dex: 13 > 14 @ lvl 4
Con: 19
Int: 9
Wis: 10
Cha: 15*
*If you really want you can take 2 from Str and add +1 to Cha(probably at 8), +1 to Con(at 20), but +1 to persuasion is not worth it. And neither is kingdom management. You’ll be fine.

Final Build: Fighter(TSS) 11/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 3/Monk(Traditional) 1/Rogue(Thug) 4/Stalwart Defender 1

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion (max)
Suggested secondary skills: Perception (max), Use Magic Device (all spare points)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 2: Alchemist
Lvl 3: Monk - Armor Focus: Heavy // Crane Style
Lvl 4: Fighter - Shield Focus
Lvl 5: Fighter - Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword
Lvl 6: Fighter - Dazzling Display
Lvl 7: Fighter - Outflank
Lvl 8: Rogue
Lvl 9: Rogue - Accomplished Sneak Attacker // Combat Trick > Shatter Defenses
Lvl 10: Stalwart
Lvl 11: Rogue - Persuasive
Lvl 12: Rogue - Canny Observer

Lvl 13: Fighter - Skill Focus: Persuasion // Improved Critical: Bastard Sword
Lvl 14: Fighter
Lvl 15: Fighter - Greater Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword // Greater Shield Focus
Lvl 16: Fighter
Lvl 17: Alchemist - Blind Fight // Feral Mutagen
Lvl 18: Alchemist
Lvl 19: Fighter - Skill Focus: Perception* // Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 20: Fighter
*Or Weapon Specialization

Important gear: Mithral Plate, Tower Shield, Bastard Sword, Opportunist’s boots

Mostly used as an object with a lot of AC on the battlefield. Especially early on. There is just no way she’d hit anything reliably, so might as well make it so enemies can’t really hit her either. 37 AC by level5 is not so bad, eh?

Dazzling user and that’s pretty much the only thing she ever wants to do apart from poking enemies with a pointy thing, but she does become really good at it.

Alchemist is there for sneak dice and mutagen. We really don’t give a damn about his spells, but if you get your hands on a herbalist’s cape a bit of true-striking might happen.

Due to AC stacking fares quite well on unfair, as far as things fare well on unfair to begin with. Bad thing is there is only so much AC stacking you can do, so she does depends on gear quite a bit. That being said, it’s not hard to break 70AC on her.

Valerie really is a whole lot better than people tend to think of her. She has a lot of stats and all of them can be put to a good use invariably. I gradually upped the ranking for her over time and now I am at the conclusion she is one of the strongest companions in the game Her ranking is still lower than Nok-Nok, but don't let that fool you - It's only because I rank characters compared to what they could be and not what they can do compared to each-other.
The level 12 Rogue talent Canny observer is for skill check and does not add anything to combat, right?

The level 11 Persuasive feat affect dazzling display right?
yep. that's correct.