It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

InEffect: Fauchards are fine as those sport serpent prince. As for most armor users I'd advice going melee sorc. Something like fighter1/Sorc5/DD4/EK10 or Fighter1/Monk1/Sorc4/DD4/EK19 for better tempo. That thing can actually stack AC reasonably high reasonably fast. And will be a comfortable run.

Another thing you can do is go STR Vivi as that will work. Something simple like Fighter1/Vivi16/SLayer3 would work.

Shaken is best achieved from dirge from bard8 or as a SL8 sorc spell frightful aspect. Shatter is a staple for everyone.

After glance at wiki page I'd say Str armored vivi would be the closest pick. Don't think those dudes are above sneak attacks and combat-enhancing drugs.
Because Blackguards are strictly melee fighters (King prohibits any males outside of himself from casting spells) I was initially thinking 2H Fighter with decent CHA, and go through Dazzling Display, PA, Intimidating Prowess, Cornungon Smash into Dreadful Carnage with some Thug dips for Frightening and the sneak bonuses. Outflank and Shatter Defenses too, maybe?

Anyway, I'll have a look at Vivisectionist, thank you.
Vuiet: Because Blackguards are strictly melee fighters (King prohibits any males outside of himself from casting spells) I was initially thinking 2H Fighter with decent CHA, and go through Dazzling Display, PA, Intimidating Prowess, Cornungon Smash into Dreadful Carnage with some Thug dips for Frightening and the sneak bonuses. Outflank and Shatter Defenses too, maybe?

Anyway, I'll have a look at Vivisectionist, thank you.
Strictly be the rules alchemy is not magic and neither are alchemical 'spells'.
If you want to totally avoid all spell-casting in any form I guess straight fighter is ok. At least you'd get x4 crit. Irori deliverer12/2HF3/Ro4/Stalwart1 will somewhat work too.
Post edited April 11, 2020 by InEffect
InEffect: Strictly be the rules alchemy is not magic and neither are alchemical 'spells'.
If you want to totally avoid all spell-casting in any form I guess straight fighter is ok. At least you'd get x4 crit. Irori deliverer12/2HF3/Ro4/Stalwart1 will somewhat work too.
I'll give the Slayer combo a try too. Thank you very much for your time :)
Make Amiri Great Again

Stats:
Str: 16>20
Dex: 13 > 14@4
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Final Build: Barbarian 2/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Ranger(Freebooter) 10/Stalwart 1/Fighter(Any) 2/Slayer 1

Main skills: Trickery (max), Perception (max), Mobility 3
Suggested secondary skills: Lore: Nature(max). Stealth, Athletics

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 2: Alchemist
Lvl 3: Fighter - Dodge // Improved Unarmed
Lvl 4: Alchemist - CT>Crane Style
Lvl 5: Alchemist - Combat Reflexes
Lvl 6: Barbarian - Swift Foot*
Lvl 7: Alchemist - Crane Wing // CT>Outflank
Lvl 8: Ranger
Lvl 9: Ranger - Menacing>Power Attack // Cleave
Lvl 10: Ranger
Lvl 11: Ranger - Cleaving Finish
Lvl 12: Ranger
Lvl 13: Ranger - Great Cleave // Menacing>Shatter
Lvl 14: Stalwart
Lvl 15: Ranger - Improved Cleaving Finish
Lvl 16: Ranger
Lvl 17: Ranger - Vital Strike
Lvl 18: Ranger - Menacing>Imp. Critical: Bastard
Lvl 19: Fighter - Improved Vital Strike // Greater Vital Strike
Lvl 20: Slayer**
*Doesn’t really matter, just don’t take the bite. We don’t want her to be running after the enemies when raged.
**Nothing better I could think of. Could’ve left barb 1 and taken 2 archae for an extra feat, but that would slow the tempo and delay ranger6.

Alchemist spells: Enlarge, Shield, Barkskin, Lesser Restoration, Bull’s Strength
Ranger Spells: Lead Blades, Cat’s Grace, Delay Poison(Communal)

Early-game gear: Mythral plate, +2Int circlet, Oversized Sword>Glaive, Buffs.
Late-game gear: Oversized bastard +5(Varn DLC, Choose power), Ovinrbaane, Oak’s pelt, +8belt, +8Bracers, Gyronna, Manticore boots(or Opportunist’s Boots and barkskin from someone), Ring of ultimate protection+any gloves(or butterly gloves and+5AC ring), Any hat +6, Cloak of Shadows. Colossus Ring or Inner Demon, Lesser extend rod(s)

AC calculation:
10Base+6Dex+5Natural+5Oak+5Deflection+8Fighting defensively+5Gyronna+4Shield+8Bracers+4Vestments+4legendary+2Mutagen+1Dodge+1Stalwart+1Haste=69AC, 65Ranged AC. Decent enough.

Booter with enough stuff to do with single actions. Vital strike damage procs to cleaving finishes, so… She’s pretty much a human fireball with enough AC stacked to actually be on the frontlines. Scale weapon dice with legendary+lead blades

Would love to fit in crane riposte and weapon focus, but no space is left for that. With buffs Ab will be good enough and she doesn't do much of iterative attacks. Can skip Vital strikes for weapon focus, crane riposte and whatever else you might want, but since we are scaling standard actions here I like the above version better.
Post edited May 29, 2020 by InEffect
InEffect: Make Amiri Great Again

Late-game gear: Oversized bastard +5(Varn DLC, Choose power), Ovinrbaane
How about Graveyard of Giants?
happygui: How about Graveyard of Giants?
It'll do, but Varn sword is vastly superior and ovinrbaane provides long shield buff.
Post edited April 12, 2020 by InEffect
Hi ty for this guide. I am using "what about dragons" build and i am playing solo on challenging. I have cleared Season of Bloom questline and reached level 13. Do you recommend any changes to build for solo play? I have tweaked some spell picks, aside from that i am following your build.
ariakas6165: Hi ty for this guide. I am using "what about dragons" build and i am playing solo on challenging. I have cleared Season of Bloom questline and reached level 13. Do you recommend any changes to build for solo play? I have tweaked some spell picks, aside from that i am following your build.
for solo you'd like more int for sure as you'd want to fit in trickery, perception, some athletics and other minor stuff.
ariakas6165: Hi ty for this guide. I am using "what about dragons" build and i am playing solo on challenging. I have cleared Season of Bloom questline and reached level 13. Do you recommend any changes to build for solo play? I have tweaked some spell picks, aside from that i am following your build.
InEffect: for solo you'd like more int for sure as you'd want to fit in trickery, perception, some athletics and other minor stuff.
ok thanks. Do you recommend pickıing up stoneskin?
Post edited April 13, 2020 by ariakas6165
InEffect: for solo you'd like more int for sure as you'd want to fit in trickery, perception, some athletics and other minor stuff.
ariakas6165: ok thanks. Do you recommend pickıing up stoneskin?
Angelic aspect does the same job better. Although if I were to solo the game I'd take some variation of my melee sorc from unfair guide or sylvan/AT... or some variation of trip vivi. A1 unfair is brutal and you need much faster power spike than what dragon shifter that is already a very meme thing offers
Post edited April 13, 2020 by InEffect
ariakas6165: ok thanks. Do you recommend pickıing up stoneskin?
InEffect: Angelic aspect does the same job better. Although if I were to solo the game I'd take some variation of my melee sorc from unfair guide or sylvan/AT... or some variation of trip vivi. A1 unfair is brutal and you need much faster power spike than what dragon shifter that is already a very meme thing offers
My aim is using dragon form, casting spells and then going melee if necessary. I am going to have dragon form at next level up. Do you think it will be sufficient to finish the game with "What about dragons" build? I don't want to play without dragon form tbh.
Post edited April 13, 2020 by ariakas6165
ariakas6165: My aim is using dragon form, casting spells and then going melee if necessary. I am going to have dragon form at next level up. Do you think it will be sufficient to finish the game with "What about dragons" build? I don't want to play without dragon form tbh.
yeah if you are already there it won't be much of a problem.
Remade Varn party from scratch.
Old one goes the way of dodo. The existence of that annoyed me(the party, not dodos).
Post edited April 14, 2020 by InEffect
Hey!

Do you have an unfair viable STR based TWF build or ideas for things to consider for it? How good would one be? I've been thinking about trying one but I'm unsure about the best way to go about it.
Post edited April 15, 2020 by PETEX93
PETEX93: Hey!

Do you have an unfair viable STR based TWF build or ideas for things to consider for it? How good would one be? I've been thinking about trying one but I'm unsure about the best way to go about it.
pure twf without shield would be double blade builds since that has 1.5 STR, then just go STR stacking. Easiest thing to go there would be Vivi16/TM1/Slayer3. No mirror, but you do get 2 bites with motherless and 8 attacks with a lot of sneak and flat dice. Plus you get lots of feats to support it.
Post edited April 15, 2020 by InEffect