It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I'm dumb and realized that the bard valerie build will take care of dazzling/shatter. I'm not entirely sure how dazzling works, like do i just have it on autocast once it's unlocked for that character?

I also picked the hospitaller because the lay on hand was really saving me, Is there a particular other main tank that you think would fit my group better?

Does a kineticist have the other nice tools like cc and buffs the sorc gets so I would still have arcane caster covered? Also just for fun factor do you think it's more enjoyable than the sorc?

Lastly can ranged dps replace a 2nd line DD? Right now ekundayo has10-30 damage with his new bow, while jaethal only sits at 3-19 with my best 2h

Sorry for all the questions, the game just seems really fun so far and I want to understand it more.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Twilight5007
I have a question regarding your Kineticist builds. I really want to play that class due to "unlimited" casts because I really dislike resting every few encounter. But I don't know what separates your 2 builds. Is the non unfair one melee focused and the unfair one completely ranged? And could I still play the unfair version without abusing the skills to retain some challenge?
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Xelran
Twilight5007: So I'm dumb and realized that the bard valerie build will take care of dazzling/shatter. I'm not entirely sure how dazzling works, like do i just have it on autocast once it's unlocked for that character?

I also picked the hospitaller because the lay on hand was really saving me, Is there a particular other main tank that you think would fit my group better?

Does a kineticist have the other nice tools like cc and buffs the sorc gets so I would still have arcane caster covered? Also just for fun factor do you think it's more enjoyable than the sorc?

Lastly can ranged dps replace a 2nd line DD? Right now ekundayo has10-30 damage with his new bow, while jaethal only sits at 3-19 with my best 2h

Sorry for all the questions, the game just seems really fun so far and I want to understand it more.
If you need a healer tanksomething like that would work better
Kiteticist doesn't have spells per se. He's a nuker first and foremost with insane control tools later on. Think of him as a mobile artillery unit. That's closer to the truth. They do not step on arcane casters toes as they are not buffers/controllers with lategame damage like sorcs are.
You just need to cover basic roles and you are good no matter what you do. You need a controller, arcane buffer, cleric, 2 tanks. the rest is optional. And when I say controller I mean hard CC, so choking bombs cognatogen alchemist of some sorts or a conjueror full arcane caster.
Xelran: I have a question regarding your Kineticist builds. I really want to play that class due to "unlimited" casts because I really dislike resting every few encounter. But I don't know what separates your 2 builds. Is the non unfair one melee focused and the unfair one completely ranged? And could I still play the unfair version without abusing the skills to retain some challenge?
1st one is a tanky build and the 2nd one is a glass cannon. That's pretty much it. Both can solo unfair, although the tanky version would need some changes for solo.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by InEffect
melty.984: Sorry for the late reply. If I drop all this and summons, shouldn't I just play the other Sorc build you posted? I don't really know what the difference is anymore to be honest if I remove the summons.
InEffect: it has the pet.
Pets are most valuable in the early-to-mid game and that's exactly where sorc kinda struggles. So you get a well-rounded character that is viable both early and late.
I only just now saw your edit on the Sylvan Sorc post about going Human. I hope I'm not too annoying at this point but I tried to simulate your recommended changes but it only ended up in confusion for me as I couldn't even get the same stats anymore and the extra feat threw me off as well. Would it be too much to ask for if you could add the Human variant with stats and feat progression? I understand if you don't have time/motivation for this though.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by melty.984
InEffect: If you need a healer tanksomething like that would work better
Kiteticist doesn't have spells per se. He's a nuker first and foremost with insane control tools later on. Think of him as a mobile artillery unit. That's closer to the truth. They do not step on arcane casters toes as they are not buffers/controllers with lategame damage like sorcs are.
You just need to cover basic roles and you are good no matter what you do. You need a controller, arcane buffer, cleric, 2 tanks. the rest is optional. And when I say controller I mean hard CC, so choking bombs cognatogen alchemist of some sorts or a conjueror full arcane caster.
Does that build only really get off the ground as a tank later on? I was looking at the sheet ac at lvl 7 and it was only 25 with the items I have found so far which seems like it would get mauled if my 30 sheet ap hospitaller was having a hard time tanking.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Twilight5007
Twilight5007: Does that build only really get off the ground as a tank later on? I was looking at the sheet ac at lvl 7 and it was only 25 with the items I have found so far which seems like it would get mauled if my 30 sheet ap hospitaller was having a hard time tanking.
lets assume just whatever you can get with spells and no gear at all 10 base, +2 nat, +2deflection, +6 Wis, +3 Dex, +4fighting defensively, +4mage armor, +2Mutagen +2 dex mutagen(because you likely would need it early) = 35AC at level7. It's not amazing, but it's at least ok. idk how you've got yourself 25AC
InEffect: it has the pet.
Pets are most valuable in the early-to-mid game and that's exactly where sorc kinda struggles. So you get a well-rounded character that is viable both early and late.
melty.984: I only just now saw your edit on the Sylvan Sorc post about going Human. I hope I'm not too annoying at this point but I tried to simulate your recommended changes but it only ended up in confusion for me as I couldn't even get the same stats anymore and the extra feat threw me off as well. Would it be too much to ask for if you could add the Human variant with stats and feat progression? I understand if you don't have time/motivation for this though.
ask me in the topic next door. It's not a lot of work to edit the existing build.
So if I wanted play on Hard with a party consisting of 3 or 4 mercs only, would you say a main character as your DPS ranger from the other thread, with mr Tripping Balls as a merc could be done? What else would you add to the party - could a dex scion be added? Lets say no kineticist; and if at all possible, no cleric either. Ofc early on Linzy and Valerie would be in there but I would like to switch them out ASAP. I would be willing to switch out the MC for a grenadier (since it seems interesting), but alchemists make so many encounters completely trivial.
hazardster: So if I wanted play on Hard with a party consisting of 3 or 4 mercs only, would you say a main character as your DPS ranger from the other thread, with mr Tripping Balls as a merc could be done? What else would you add to the party - could a dex scion be added? Lets say no kineticist; and if at all possible, no cleric either. Ofc early on Linzy and Valerie would be in there but I would like to switch them out ASAP. I would be willing to switch out the MC for a grenadier (since it seems interesting), but alchemists make so many encounters completely trivial.
Eh, I wouldn't do a tripping druid on hard. It's a cool concept, but I don't believe it's viable outside of a meme build.
For a balanced party that will roll everything something like trip vivi+standard valerie+sylvan sorc+any full-bloodied cleric would do fine. Bonus points if a cleric has a pet too. Erastil LN ecc17/V2/M1 Wis pumping community/animal would do well. Or gozag water+animal for even more stinking clouds. Then you can somewhat free up the arcane caster and take grenadier instead.
hazardster: So if I wanted play on Hard with a party consisting of 3 or 4 mercs only, would you say a main character as your DPS ranger from the other thread, with mr Tripping Balls as a merc could be done? What else would you add to the party - could a dex scion be added? Lets say no kineticist; and if at all possible, no cleric either. Ofc early on Linzy and Valerie would be in there but I would like to switch them out ASAP. I would be willing to switch out the MC for a grenadier (since it seems interesting), but alchemists make so many encounters completely trivial.
InEffect: Eh, I wouldn't do a tripping druid on hard. It's a cool concept, but I don't believe it's viable outside of a meme build.
For a balanced party that will roll everything something like trip vivi+standard valerie+sylvan sorc+any full-bloodied cleric would do fine. Bonus points if a cleric has a pet too. Erastil LN ecc17/V2/M1 Wis pumping community/animal would do well. Or gozag water+animal for even more stinking clouds. Then you can somewhat free up the arcane caster and take grenadier instead.
Damn, alright. I figured as much since in my last playthrough on Hard, the kineticist carried the final act all on his lonesome, with the rest of the party as almost useless filler. I might just do Challenging and go whatever I fancy instead.
hazardster: Damn, alright. I figured as much since in my last playthrough on Hard, the kineticist carried the final act all on his lonesome, with the rest of the party as almost useless filler. I might just do Challenging and go whatever I fancy instead.
Hard/unfair can be best summed up as "pick OP stuff and cheese the whole game", although hard is a bit more flexible. Still at least 2 guys that can carry the whole thing are nice.
hazardster: Damn, alright. I figured as much since in my last playthrough on Hard, the kineticist carried the final act all on his lonesome, with the rest of the party as almost useless filler. I might just do Challenging and go whatever I fancy instead.
InEffect: Hard/unfair can be best summed up as "pick OP stuff and cheese the whole game", although hard is a bit more flexible. Still at least 2 guys that can carry the whole thing are nice.
True, true - thinking back, I don't think I could have finished the final acts without tearing out my hair if I didn't have the kineticist to cheese with.

Yeah, definitely going to play for flavor with this playthrough, just on Challenging instead. So let me ask you a different question - which of the builds in this topic would rank the highest in terms of the coolness factor? :D
InEffect: Hard/unfair can be best summed up as "pick OP stuff and cheese the whole game", although hard is a bit more flexible. Still at least 2 guys that can carry the whole thing are nice.
hazardster: True, true - thinking back, I don't think I could have finished the final acts without tearing out my hair if I didn't have the kineticist to cheese with.

Yeah, definitely going to play for flavor with this playthrough, just on Challenging instead. So let me ask you a different question - which of the builds in this topic would rank the highest in terms of the coolness factor? :D
1. What about dragons? A shifter that druid wants to be, but can't. Dragons are cool, right?
2. My new saint build. Scion is fun, but he doesn't do 180 damage crits, overall damage is pretty much the same, though.
3. Kinetic Valerie is something new and it's a kineticist that doesn't break the game. Not sure about the cool part, but lightsabers are cool, right?
4. Cleric Jaethal. Because she can be an actual combat cleric, much unlike other cripples.
5. Elven Arcane Warrior. I like the concept for some reason even though it's a shitty Vivisectionist if you think about it.
InEffect: lets assume just whatever you can get with spells and no gear at all 10 base, +2 nat, +2deflection, +6 Wis, +3 Dex, +4fighting defensively, +4mage armor, +2Mutagen +2 dex mutagen(because you likely would need it early) = 35AC at level7. It's not amazing, but it's at least ok. idk how you've got yourself 25AC
I was just looking at sheet AC without buffs on and comparing them so that makes a ton of sense now. I didn't think about monk not wearing armor lets it get mage armor too. Thanks for explaining it out to a new player.
Slayer And Aldori Swordlord Evaluation

Slayer.
Most interesting for his level 1 +1DC on sneak. Can be considered for AT wizards. Something like wiz7/V2/Slayer1/AT10 is an interesting proposition for DC stacking.
Slower than Vivisectionist on his sneak progression, has no spells, but has full BAB. Not horrible, but won’t dethrone Vivisectionist anytime soon.
Pretty much a selfish freebooter with some sneak dice and less micro.

Subclasses:
Vanguard.
Pretty much as useless as Tactical leader. Good team feats you want on everyone asap, bad ones you don’t need, lasts for 13 rounds tops and eats your Slayer Talents to use more than once a day. Gets UD, but there are better ways..

Deliverer.
Best Slayer to go for level 12 imo, as Divine Anathema would compensate for the sneak progression if you go LG. Level 15 is ok too, but would limit your possibilities too much. LG Irori is the only sensible option as you get improved unarmed from it and LG will extra dice against most things. All things considered, wants to be d/w guy. More specifically - d/w guy with a shield.

Pro: Decent damage, full BAB, Menacing style for cheap shatter
Con: No AC boosts, besides easy access to crane feats; not a vivisectionist.

Spawn Slayer
Looks very cool on paper, but then you remember that most endgame enemies are human-sized. Still, is a better basic slayer. Sacrifices nothing of value for some extra gains.

Swordlord
Cool 1 level dip. Still thinking on how it’s best to be used, but 1.5 dex mod is nothing to scoff at. Regretfully, there are no insanely good Dueling swords. Still, it’s something to consider, especially for dex vivisectionists/scions/saints and some such. There is also a problem of Str buffs being much more plentiful than dex ones.
Also might be considered for Adaptive Tactics 1/2 that would cut the penalties from fighting defensively and (more importantly) make CE more usable.
Shatter confidence is pretty good, but reality is you want to murder things in a round or two. As a cherry on top it’s good, but totally not the selling point.
Despite his lvl 1 ability can be still considered for a Str builds to get much needed extra AC from CE without crippling penalties. Would be more lucrative if Crane wing didn't work with whatever you want it to.
Generally, only dex application I see for it is Dex Saint. with saint 17/SL1/V1/M1
Post edited June 16, 2019 by InEffect
Hopefully not too much of a silly question but which one of your Magus builds(Dex,Blind,Saint) do you consider the most fun?

Also I'm intending a Lawful Evil Play through and Linzy doesn't really fit into the group for that but a Bard is required I guess. Can you think of an alternative to Linzy or should I just bear with it?

Is the Jaethal Cleric build close to Tristian in power?
Post edited May 27, 2019 by Xelran