It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Roahin: The same DOES happen at the table. People build like you when they're new. Bad DMs let them get away with it, good ones make them play it out. What's the meaning of integrity, doing the right thing when no one's looking? It seems like if you joined a game where the DM didn't penalize you, you'd be rolling Int 3 characters all day long. You have to be FORCED to play your stats.
That just proves the thesis. Rules that are not enforced do not exist.
Roahin: You mean your Trip build character where you STILL picked Smilodon as a companion and took no Trip-related abilities? Yeah, I saw it.
Mad Dog gives trip to the pet. He takes 2HF to add more str for opportunity attacks for stronger punish and goes for a weapon that gets him enlarge and Divine Favor. If trip wasn't limited to 2ft I'd fit it in. forcing no AC characters into melee is pain in the butt and gets old fast. I tested it pretty extensively when making that one as tandem trip would be awesome... if it worked with reach.
Roahin: Nah, too many Aasimar builds with multiple 7's. That's not theory-crafting, that's minmaxing.
not my fault aasimar is mathematically superior in this game. same with monk dip achieving about 10-20 more AC than is possible with plate and all the armor feats due to monk gear avaliable. Devs put those in the game. along with mandatory lawful alignment requirement for bulletin board. etc, etc. blame Devs, who didn't make the game YOU want, not players.
Post edited November 12, 2018 by InEffect
low rated
InEffect: That just proves the thesis. Rules that are not enforced do not exist.
Nah, they exist. Whether you have the integrity to adhere to them or not does not question either their reality or their validity. Still, it's an interesting character study into sociopathy. If you can get away with something it's inherently correct because you weren't punished?
InEffect: Mad Dog gives trip to the pet. He takes 2HF to add more str for opportunity attacks for stronger punish and goes for a weapon that gets him enlarge and Divine Favor. If trip wasn't limited to 2ft I'd fit it in. forcing no AC characters into melee is pain in the butt and gets old fast.
You hold him back half a second until the enemies have made their engagement. You might have noob builds, but I KNOW you know how to play. And again, if this is your "trip" build, I'm beyond disappointed. There are so many excellent trip feats in the game. Even if you don't take something deep like Pummeling Bully, Fury's Fall, or Agile Maneuvers why not Tandem Trip? Jaethal is already set up perfectly for it, and can you imagine how a whole party of trippers with Teamwork feats could trivialize some particularly difficult encounters?

But yeah. You have a trip build with a Smilodon. That's something, I guess.
InEffect: not my fault aasimar is mathematically superior in this game. same with monk dip achieving about 10 more AC than is possible with plate and all the armor feats due to monk gear avaliable. Devs put those in the game. along with mandatory lawful alignment requirement for bulletin board.
Like I said, 3 Intelligence Half-Orc Barbarian tier minmaxing. And God, I can't help but cringe when you keep making builds that are awful for the first 85% of the game purely for armor you'll find in the last 15%.
Roahin: You hold him back half a second until the enemies have made their engagement. You might have noob builds, but I KNOW you know how to play. And again, if this is your "trip" build, I'm beyond disappointed. There are so many excellent trip feats in the game. Even if you don't take something deep like Pummeling Bully, Fury's Fall, or Agile Maneuvers why not Tandem Trip? Jaethal is already set up perfectly for it, and can you imagine how a whole party of trippers with Teamwork feats could trivialize some particularly difficult encounters?
that would work, but doesn't fit into the "modular" format of the guide. it'd have to be a party guide set in stone, probably with some mercs too
Roahin: Like I said, 3 Intelligence Half-Orc Barbarian tier minmaxing. And God, I can't help but cringe when you keep making builds that are awful for the first 85% of the game purely for armor you'll find in the last 15%.
you get LG monk robes at lvl13-14, and it's not like plate gives more AC at ANY point of the game. robes just push no armor advantage from about 5 ac to 10 ac. show me another class that gives 10+ AC in 1 level. Also, before LG monk robes there are censor robes from master tailor that give 2 dodge AC.
Post edited November 12, 2018 by InEffect
Would you be willing to give me a basic knife master MC guide?
Noble Assassin

Role: Damage Dealer/Tank

Race: Halfling
Alignment: Lawful-Good

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 19
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 8
Cha: 16
*can go for 5/19/14/13/8/18 or 5/19/14/14/7/18 for more min-maxing. I decided more skills on a rogue, bit more str so you don’t suffer as much from weight early, and extra cast of shield are worth 2 cha.

Final Build: Rogue(Knife Master) 12/Paladin(Divine Hunter) 2/Monk(Scaled Fist) 2/Alchemist(Vivisectionist)4

Main skills: Persuasion, Trickery, Mobility, Stealth
Suggested secondary skills: Perception or Knowledge: World, Use magic Device(spare)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Rogue - Two-Weapon Fighting
Lvl 2: Rogue - Combat Trick > Dodge
Lvl 3: Rogue - Accomplished Sneak Attacker // Finesse Training: Kukri
Lvl 4: Paladin
Lvl 5: Monk - Cautious Fighter // Crane Style
Lvl 6: Paladin
Lvl 7: Rogue - Outflank // Combat Trick > Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Lvl 8: Rogue
Lvl 9: Rogue - Weapon Focus: Kukri // Combat Trick > Dazzling display
Lvl 10: Rogue
Lvl 11: Rogue - Shatter Defenses // Combat Trick > Improved Critical: Kukri
Lvl 12: Rogue
Lvl 13: Rogue - Combat Reflexes // Opportunist
Lvl 14: Alchemist
Lvl 15: Alchemist - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting // Crippling Strike
Lvl 16: Alchemist
Lvl 17: Alchemist - Critical Focus // Combat Trick > Double Slice
Lvl 18: Rogue
Lvl 19: Rogue - Staggering Critical // Double Debilitation
Lvl 20: Monk - Blind Fight

Important Alchemist Spells: Shield, Lesser Restoration

Gear: Kukris from Nok-Nok Quests, Monk Robes, +Stat gear, +AC gear, Alkali Gloves

By popular demand. This one does things Nok-Nok can’t.

Has to rely on another alchemist or wands for shield before 14-15

Does good damage. Can hit bosses due to Smite. Self-sustainable shield spell(will need 2 lesser extend rods). Full blown Rogue due to interesting interaction with Vivisectionist. Mutagens. Good AC throughout the game.

Can be done better on musetouched Aasimar. Take Weapon Focus at 5, Shatter at 9 and wings at 11. 7/19/14/14/7/18 stats for those. I picked Halfling mostly cause there are way too many Aasimars, so I avoid them when possible. Aasimar is still numerically superior and doesn't need to turn on Fighting Defensively to get his bonuses.
Post edited November 05, 2019 by InEffect
serenitylies: Would you be willing to give me a basic knife master MC guide?
I started answering you and got carried away a bit...
InEffect: Mad Doge*

*Ha! Get it? Love me some terrible puns.

Role: 2nd row Damage Dealer with a twist

Race: Human
Alignment: any Chaotic

Stats*:
Str: 19 > 24
Dex: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

*Not min-maxed for a change. You could go for 16 Con or Dex if you dump Cha, but it is not really needed for full efficiency.

Final Build:
Barbarian(Mad Dog) 14/Inquisitor(Sacred Huntsmaster) 3/Fighter(Two-Handed) 3

Animal Companion: Smilodon
Deity: Cayden Cailean
Domain: Travel

Main skills: Perception, Persuasion
Suggested secondary skills: Trickery, +anything your party lacks. Can be your Athletics character.

Lvl 1: Barbarian - Power Attack, Cleave
Lvl 2: Barbarian
Lvl 3: Barbarian - Cleaving Finish
Lvl 4: Barbarian - Reckless Stance
Lvl 5: Barbarian - Combat Reflexes
Lvl 6: Inquisitor
Lvl 7: Inquisitor - Outflank
Lvl 8: Inquisitor - Seize the Moment
Lvl 9: Barbarian - Precise Strike
Lvl 10: Barbarian
Lvl 11: Barbarian - Extra Rage Power: Damage Reduction // Damage Reduction
Lvl 12: Barbarian
Lvl 13: Barbarian - Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword
Lvl 14: Barbarian
Lvl 15: Barbarian - Improved Critical: Bastard Sword // Damage Reduction
Lvl 16: Barbarian
Lvl 17: Barbarian - Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword
Lvl 18: Fighter - Critical Focus
Lvl 19: Fighter - Boon Companion // Blinding Critical
Lvl 20: Fighter

Inquisitor Spells*: Remove Fear, Divine Favor, True strike
Will need +wis item to cast those. It’s not a big deal if you won’t.

Gear: Galive early on, then best 2h weapon you can get, 2h Bastard Sword when you get it. +Stat Items, Inner Demon Rings, Opportunist’s Boots

This is what Amiri always wanted to be. Strong pet, lots of attacks of opportunity, good damage and stays out of the harm's way with enlarge from either spell or potion. Will need +wis item to cast inquisitor spells.

Attack of Opportunity triggers:
You crit - your pet hits
Your pet crits - you hit
Your pet trips - you hit
Any of your allies in reach crit - you and your pet hit
Tripped enemies get up - everyone in range hits

40 speed in medium armor

Good AB boost between reckless stance and barbarian rage. x1.5 str as damage bonus. Attacks of opportunity count as single attacks for Overhand Chop if you ever get to lvl 20. Your pet has Outflank for your melee team-mates.

Has some DR so won’t drop dead unless focused.

Turn off power attack for your pet. It won’t have enough AB to use it.
For you - either check AC of your enemies to decide or turn it off forever as well.

Just like every pet user ever loves himself at least an alchemist to buff AC of his cat.

Use glaive till enlarge person spell from someone in your team is long enough to not be annoying. Or when you get some nice two-hander you want to use. When you get one amazing two-handed bastard sword from killing another barbarian in story mission - switch to that.

Alternatively, you can go for Fauchards. There are some nice ones in 2nd half of the game. I picked Bastard Swords just to spite Amiri in her uselessness(comparatively). Falcions are nice too.

Can be done as literally any race that has Str boost. Go for Falcions for those(skip exotic weapon).
Good fit for a merc as well. 19/14/14/10/11/7 and no Persuasion for those.
Would this be a build to make a small party (3-4 people) with pets as tanks?

Or would you suggest something else?

PS. I don't want to sound greedy, but there are some build archetypes you haven't covered yet, yet have complimented them in some way on this forum, examples being Sneak Attack Arcane Caster (ray based I believe), Bow Archer and Thundercaller Bard.

Considering there are Unity mod-based ways to respec companions, I would love to hear your ideas, even in very concised way, like "go 18 TC/2Vivi with Crossbow" or something.

That being said, you already helped me a lot in other topics, which I thank you very much for. Cheers!
Post edited November 14, 2018 by Hectorim
Hectorim: Would this be a build to make a small party (3-4 people) with pets as tanks?

PS. I don't want to sound greedy, but there are some build archetypes you haven't covered yet, yet have complimented them in some way on this forum, examples being Sneak Attack Arcane Caster (ray based I believe), Bow Archer and Thundercaller Bard.

Considering there are Unity mod-based ways to respec companions, I would love to hear your ideas, even in very concised way, like "go 18 TC/2Vivi with Crossbow" or something.

That being said, you already helped me a lot in other topics, which I thank you very much for. Cheers!
small party is all about condensing roles. I'd go with some arcane-based tank as MC + Melee bard tank(linzy does it ok-ish) - bard7/thug1/EK10 with full dazzling setup and a shield to control the battlefield. tristian as a healbot and either ekun or mad dog merc. that should work decently. would probably spec tristian into summonig in a small party, give him spell focus conjuration and all 3 summon feats instead of evo/fire.

as for the ray sneak attacks go check elven arcane warrior. it does both melee off-tanking and rays.and covers mechanics in detail

about respecs. amiri with respec mod makes for a perfect mad dog. shift her bonus to str and switch her to mad dog. done. the rest - I'm not sure. mostly it'd be minor adjustment like alignment and domains. like tristian for whatever reason only has good domain when ecc should have 2. healing domain is good. can also swap out good for something better, but it's whatever.

I didn't and probably never will cover thundercaller as he just goes balls to the wall into Cha and extra perfomance. that's about it. there is no point in dipping anywhere on him as it would cut too much into his damage/progression just give him crossbow so you don't have to babysit him, lingering song, enchantment foci, and all into extra performance after. I'd even go as far as to skip all and every ranged feat as crossbow is just there so he doesn't run into melee if you mis-micro him.

ps. making a druid now. slowly. such a hard class to make it proper :(
Post edited November 14, 2018 by InEffect
Hectorim: Would this be a build to make a small party (3-4 people) with pets as tanks?

InEffect: small party is all about condensing roles. I'd go with some arcane-based tank as MC + Melee bard tank(linzy does it ok-ish) - bard7/thug1/EK10 with full dazzling setup and a shield to control the battlefield. tristian as a healbot and either ekun or mad dog merc. that should work decently. would probably spec tristian into summonig in a small party, give him spell focus conjuration and all 3 summon feats instead of evo/fire.

as for the ray sneak attacks go check elven arcane warrior. it does both melee off-tanking and rays.and covers mechanics in detail

about respecs. amiri with respec mod makes for a perfect mad dog. shift her bonus to str and switch her to mad dog. done. the rest - I'm not sure. mostly it'd be minor adjustment like alignment and domains. like tristian for whatever reason only has good domain when ecc should have 2. healing domain is good. can also swap out good for something better, but it's whatever.

I didn't and probably never will cover thundercaller as he just goes balls to the wall into Cha and extra perfomance. that's about it. there is no point in dipping anywhere on him as it would cut too much into his damage/progression just give him crossbow so you don't have to babysit him, lingering song, enchantment foci, and all into extra performance after. I'd even go as far as to skip all and every ranged feat as crossbow is just there so he doesn't run into melee if you mis-micro him.

ps. making a druid now. slowly. such a hard class to make it proper :(
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted :)

As for duid - I remember reading somewhere that Druid is bad here because some specs just flat out do things better, like Sylvan Sorc, Pokemon Inquisitor and DD Sorc for example.
Hectorim: As for duid - I remember reading somewhere that Druid is bad here because some specs just flat out do things better, like Sylvan Sorc, Pokemon Inquisitor and DD Sorc for example.
oh no. not that kind of druid. a good one. almost done now, just need to write it down.
Post edited November 14, 2018 by InEffect
Tripping Balls

Role: Off-Tank/Damage Dealer/Support

Race: Aasimar(Lawbringer)
Alignment: Lawful-Neutral
Pet: Leopard
Deity/Domain: Asmodeus/Trickery*

*Not really important, but a bit of a buffer is handy. Alternative would be anything with Travel or Plant Domain.

Stats:
Str: 17 > 22
Dex: 13
Con: 16
Int: 13
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

Final Build: Druid(Defender of the True World)15/Monk(Traditional) 2/Inquisitor(Sacred Huntsmaster) 3

Main skills: Perception, Lore: Nature, Mobility 3
Suggested secondary skills: Persuasion or Athletics. You have 30 spare points so choose whatever you want.

Lvl 1: Druid - Dodge
Lvl 2: Druid -
Lvl 3: Druid - Combat Expertise
Lvl 4: Druid
Lvl 5: Monk - Natural Spell // Crane Style
Lvl 6: Druid
Lvl 7: Druid - Outflank
Lvl 8: Druid
Lvl 9: Druid - Trip
Lvl 10: Druid
Lvl 11: Inquisitor - Wings
Lvl 12: Inquisitor
Lvl 13: Inquisitor - Greater Trip // Tandem Trip
Lvl 14: Druid
Lvl 15: Druid - Fury’s Fall*
Lvl 16: Druid
Lvl 17: Druid - Combat Reflexes**
Lvl 18: Druid
Lvl 19: Druid - Seize the Moment**
Lvl 20: Monk - Improved Initiative

*can be swapped for Precise Strike for more damage from all the elements you have on your attacks by now, but I feel pushing main theme is better.
**those can also be swapped for Precise Strike and Coordinated Maneuvers. You need extra AoO attacks, but there are boots that can fix those for you. Seize the Moment can't be replaced so easily - you decide.

Spells by level in order of importance:
Lvl 1: Entangle, Longstrider, Faerie Fire, Acid Maw, Featherstep
Lvl 2: Aspect of the Bear, Barkskin, Frigid Touch, Restoration(Lesser)
Lvl 3: Magic Fang(Greater), Spike Growth, Delay Poison(Communal), Resist Energy(Communal), Featherstep(Mass)
Lvl4: Cape of Wasps, Thorn Body, Protection from Energy(Communal), Freedom of Movement
Lvl5: Aspect of the Wolf, Geniekind, Blessing of the Salamander, Animal Growth
Lvl6: Stoneskin(Communal), Dispel Magic(Greater), Tar Pool
Lvl7: Legendary Proportions, Heal, Creeping Doom
Lvl8: Seamantle, Frightful Aspect

Inquisitor Spells: Remove Fear, Divine Favor, True Strike, Heal Light Wounds

Gear: Staff, +AC robes, deflection ring, Bracers, +Stat items

Proper druid centered on shape-shifting and tripping enemies. Won’t break any records in terms of AC or Damage, but is solid enough on both fronts. Aspect of the wolf allows for free trips. Punishes tripped enemies hard.

Main two forms you want are bear and smilodon. Shambling mound is ok in a pinch. There is a bear form scimitar in the game. You can make use of that as well. You should start shifting the moment you get leopard.

Totally is not your healer. This is a combat character.

Extend rods are your friends

You want an alchemist in your party for shield spell.

Don't forget you have spontaneous summoning. Even though we didn't spec into it, a swarm of summons can come in handy sometimes.

Expertise and fighting defensively cut into your AB. only turn on if you are swarmed and need to tank.

Can’t be done as a merc. Can’t be done on any other race. You need dem wings. Jaethal is the closest thing to it, her alignment won't allow for monk, but it would work ok-ish, but not really.
Post edited April 08, 2019 by InEffect
Amiri Off-Tank

Stats:
Str: 16 > 20
Dex: 13 > 14 @lvl20
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Final Build: Barbarian 8/Ranger(Freebooter) 10/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 1/Stalwart Defender 1

Main skills: Perception, Lore: Nature, Athletics, 3 Mobility
Suggested secondary skills: Mobility. Stealth, Trickery are all decent choices. You have 29 spare points - pick what you need.

Lvl 2: Ranger
Lvl 3: Ranger - Shield Bash // Two-Weapon Combat > Two-Weapon Fighting
Lvl 4: Barbarian - Guarded Stance
Lvl 5: Ranger - Dodge
Lvl 6: Ranger
Lvl 7: Ranger - Outflank
Lvl 8: Ranger - Two-Weapon Combat > Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Lvl 9: Barbarian - Improved Unarmed Strike
Lvl 10: Barbarian - Animal Fury
Lvl 11: Barbarian - Crane Style
Lvl 12: Barbarian - Beast Totem, Lesser
Lvl 13: Barbarian - Shield Master
Lvl 14: Barbarian - Beast Totem
Lvl 15: Ranger - Improved Critical*
Lvl 16: Ranger
Lvl 17: Ranger - Bashing Finish
Lvl 18: Ranger - Two-Weapon Combat > Double Slice
Lvl 19: Alchemist - Shield Focus
Lvl 20: Stalwart

*Whatever 1h weapon you fancy. Scimitars and longswords are good. There are some ok Bastard Swords out there as well.

Good Ranger Spells: Lead Blades, Sense Vitals, Featherstep(Mass), Delay Poison(Communal), Resist Energy(Communal)

Gear: 1h weapon of choice, Medium armor, light shield, +AC items, +Stat items

Not lore-friendly. At all.

Stacks flat damage bonuses quite high. Can sport about 60 AC with legendary proportions. Ok-ish damage with Sense Vitals late. Nothing too spectacular, as amiri tends to be, but does have some damage and can take a hit, so there’s that. If you need a second tank and CBA to get a merc - it is a serviceable option.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by InEffect
Meleenzy

Stats:
Str: 8 > 9 @lvl20
Dex: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 16 > 20

Final Build: Bard 6/Fighter(Aldori) 1/Rogue(Thug) 1/Arcane Trickster 2/Eldritch Knight 10

Main skills: Persuasion. Trickery, Knowledge(Arcana) 4, Mobility 4
Suggested secondary skills: Use Magic Device spare, Mobility, Stealth

Lvl 2: Rogue
Lvl 3: Bard - Weapon Focus: Dagger // Dazzling Display
Lvl 4: Bard
Lvl 5: Bard - Dodge
Lvl 6: Bard
Lvl 7: Bard - Accomplished Sneak Attacker // Combat Trick > Outflank
Lvl 8: Arcane Trickster
Lvl 9: Arcane Trickster - Cautious Fighter
Lvl 10: Fighter - Shield Focus
Lvl 11: Eldritch Knight - Crane Style // Improved Unarmed Strike
Lvl 12: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 13: Eldritch Knight - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 14: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 15: Eldritch Knight - Deceitful // Armor Focus: Medium
Lvl 16: Eldritch Knight -
Lvl 17: Eldritch Knight - Greater Shield Focus
Lvl 18: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 19: Eldritch Knight - Improved Critical: Dagger // Greater Weapon Focus: Dagger
Lvl 20: Eldritch Knight

Lvl 1: Grease, Remove Fear, Unbreakable Heart
Lvl 2: Heroism, Mirror Image, Sense Vitals, Cure Moderate Wounds, Glitterdust
Lvl 3: Haste, Good Hope, Displacement, Featherstep(Mass), Delay Poison(Communal)
Lvl 4: Cure Critical Wounds, Shield of Dawn, Dimension Door, Echolocation, Break Enchantment
Lvl 5: Heroism(Greater), Dispel Magic(Greater), Joyful Rapture, Cure Light Wounds(Mass)
Lvl 6: Brilliant Inspiration, Cure Moderate Wounds(Mass)

Gear: Dagger(+2AC or Troublemaker, Deceiver is pretty decent late), Singing Breastplate(heart of valor before that), +AC items, +Stat items

General Idea is to make a tanky Linzy by midgame while keeping spell progression reasonable and front-loading as much damage as possible. We end up with 3d6 sneak + 5d6 from sense vitals. Not too bad, just bring lesser extend rod for sense vitals. Don't worry too much about attack damage - even if we took finesse it'd add 7 damage at best and it'd cost us 2 levels of spell progression.

Mirror plate allows us to squeeze 1 extra level and stop at bard 6. It will come rather late, but it's not like you care too much what linzy does in combat so long as her song is on, let's be honest about it.

Pretty much standard dazzling tank, just don't try to use it on unfair.
Post edited July 09, 2019 by InEffect
Hello InEffect,

Thank you for your guide. It's really useful.

I have seen that you have changed the build of the Dex Scion, could you please also conservate the previous version? It is the one I was following with my MC...

By the way, could you please explain why you changed the scimitar for the longsword?
Falanders_GOG: Hello InEffect,

Thank you for your guide. It's really useful.

I have seen that you have changed the build of the Dex Scion, could you please also conservate the previous version? It is the one I was following with my MC...

By the way, could you please explain why you changed the scimitar for the longsword?
Dex Scion

Role: Tank/Front-line Damage Dealer

Race: Aasimar(Musetouched)
Alignment: Lawful-Good

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 20
Int: 7
Wis: 8
Cha: 19 > 24

Final Build: Magus(Eldritch Scion) 16/Monk(Scaled Fist) 2/Paladin(Divine Hunter)2
Bloodline: Draconic(Gold)

Main skills: Mobility 3, Use Magic Devices 1, Persuasion(everything else)*
Suggested secondary skills:-

*persuasion 1 at character creation, then mobility to 3, UMD 1, Persuasion till the end after.

Lvl 1: Magus - Weapon Finesse
Lvl 2: Monk - Crane Style*
Lvl 3: Magus - Weapon Focus: Scimitar.
Lvl 4: Magus - Arcane Accuracy
Lvl 5: Magus - Slashing Grace: Scimitar
Lvl 6: Magus - Spell Focus: Evocation
Lvl 7: Magus - Outflank // Enduring Blade
Lvl 8: Magus
Lvl 9: Magus - Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
Lvl 10: Magus - Ghost Blade
Lvl 11: Magus - Elemental Focus: Fire
Lvl 12: Magus - Greater Elemental Focus: Fire
Lvl 13: Monk - Crane Wing // Dodge*
Lvl 14: Magus - Prescient Attack
Lvl 15: Magus - Crane Riposte
Lvl 16: Magus -
Lvl 17: Magus - Weapon Specialization: Scimitar // Bane Blade
Lvl 18: Magus
Lvl 19: Paladin - Greater Weapon Focus: Scimitar
Lvl 20: Paladin

*Click fighting defensively at this point and never turn if off
**Pick dodge from monk first, then it will allow you to take Crane Riposte as a regular feat

Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp, Shield, Mage Armor*, Vanish, Magic Missile, True Strike
Lvl 2: Mirror Image, Web**, Frigid Touch, Bear’s Endurance, Glitterdust, Scorching Ray***
Lvl 3: Fireball, Haste, Displacement, Vampiric Touch
Lvl 4: Dragon’s Breath, Dimension Door, Stoneskin, Shield of Dawn, Shout
Lvl 5: Fire Snake, Vampiric Shadow Shield, Cloudkill*****
Lvl 6: Sirocco, Transformation

*Do not select it. You will Gain it for free from Bloodline at level 3.
**We do not have amazing DC with it, but our cha is good enough to make early-game a whole lot easier with it
****Late-game range option. won’t be very useful until lvl19(free Precise Shot)
***** Will need to use Delay Poison(Communal) to prevent damage to your party

Gear: +Cha helmet, +Dex belt. Best Scimitar you can find, Fire Robes, Monk Robes(when you find them)

Early-game anti-suffer advice:
Take Tartuccio’s Crossbow and make him use cantrips in the prologue. Keep a dagger on you in case you will need to burst something with Shocking Grasp. Use crossbows till you find Agile Pick under the Old Sycamore. From level 5 you switch to scimitar for life.

Double-dipping, AC/AB/Damage stacking:
- AC from Cha through monk, Monk feats. AC from Bloodline, Free wings @lvl17, AC from Spells
- AB through Arcane Weapon. AB from Cha through Arcane Accuracy
- Damage with Arcane Weapon additional properties. Damage from Touch Spells
- Ability to skip Crit in favor of keen weapon Arcane Weapon additional propery
- Fighter Feats. Every bit counts
- Extra Attacks From Riposte
- Good DC from high casting stat and relatively early Focus feats.

This is what a real tank can be in this game. Most enemies will never hit you unless you are paralysed or otherwise denied dex/dodge bonus to armor. Your damage will be more than fine as well. Strong all game long. Not a lot of skill points, but only thing you really need on MC is persuasion.

=======

changed to longsword due to Redeemer compared to any scimitar out there. scimitars are still viable I simply like redeemer better

think this is the old one or at least the one I had archived. I would seriously use respec tool from nexus to respec to the new one, though. what weapon you choose doesn't matter much

1.1 changed some stuff and tipped the scales towards a new one entirely. If it was debatable before if smite+evasion or sense vitals is better, now it is clear. ice prison with guaranteed entangle for bosses is a clear winner for the latter option.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by InEffect