It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@InEffect What other games are you currently playing/writing guides for?
andvaare: @InEffect What other games are you currently playing/writing guides for?
I only do guides for the games I really liked. So it's this and then there is also one for Atom RPG(well, two actually). Although that one is on steam as it's where they released 1st.
It's been a while. Whatever I did for NWN2 is long gone. I mean I still have the builds saved on NWN2DB, but that's it.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by InEffect
I was checking a bit around and looked at some of your builds to learn why you did, what you did.

One thing I noticed about your "Degenerate Druid" build is that it leaves you with 1 point left.
Wouldn't it be better to remove 1 point in con and put 1 into dex to end up with [7 16 14 14 19 7] with 0 points to spend instead of [7 15 15 14 19 7] with 1 point left or am I missing something?

Also you never mentioned it but I guess you picked Animal Companion over Animal Domain?
Post edited June 11, 2019 by Xelran
Xelran: I was checking a bit around and looked at some of your builds to learn why you did, what you did.

One thing I noticed about your "Degenerate Druid" build is that it leaves you with 1 point left.
Wouldn't it be better to remove 1 point in con and put 1 into dex to end up with [7 16 14 14 19 7] with 0 points to spend instead of [7 15 15 14 19 7] with 1 point left or am I missing something?

Also you never mentioned it but I guess you picked Animal Companion over Animal Domain?
you are missing the fact that profane amulet is -3 to all physical stats, so we need odd numbers there.
Xelran: I was checking a bit around and looked at some of your builds to learn why you did, what you did.

InEffect: you are missing the fact that profane amulet is -3 to all physical stats, so we need odd numbers there.
Ohhh I see. I'm sorry then. Thanks for the clarification!
andvaare: @InEffect What other games are you currently playing/writing guides for?
InEffect: I only do guides for the games I really liked. So it's this and then there is also one for Atom RPG(well, two actually). Although that one is on steam as it's where they released 1st.
It's been a while. Whatever I did for NWN2 is long gone. I mean I still have the builds saved on NWN2DB, but that's it.
I got very sceptical about Atom RPG after Nerdgamecommando voiced very strong critique about it, "[..] boring piece of shit". I´ve played a lot of Underrail though which I really enjoy.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by andvaare
andvaare: I got very sceptical about Atom RPG after Nerdgamecommando voiced very strong critique about it, "[..] boring piece of shit". I´ve played a lot of Underrail though which I really enjoy.
ATOM is pretty decent once you dive in. It's important to understand that nerd doesn't actually play the games. So he took a glance, concluded everything is RNG and left. While I do have a number of things to say about atom's balance myself, the game sports the least RNG you can have in such a game ever. And I have several lone wolf survival runs to prove it.
Underrail I love. Can't wait for soon™ expansion. Although the game is too simple to understand to warrant a guide of any kind. Kudos to Styg for that. He made both complex and understandable system.
Race: Human

Alignment: NG
Deity: Erastil/Gozreh(whatever you fancy)
Domans: Animal

Stats:
Str: 19 > 24
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 7
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

Final Build: Inquisitor(Monster Tactician) 17/Fighter(Two-Handed)3

Main skills: Persuasion (Max), Perception (Max), Trickery
Suggested secondary skills: Athletics 1, Stealth 1, whatever else you fancy

Lvl 1: Inquisitor - Spell Focus: Conjuration // Augment Summoning
Lvl 2: Inquisitor
Lvl 3: Inquisitor - Superior Summoning // Precise Strike
Lvl 4: Inquisitor
Lvl 5: Inquisitor - Boon Companion
Lvl 6: Inquisitor - Outflank
Lvl 7: Inquisitor - Combat Reflexes
Lvl 8: Inquisitor
Lvl 9: Inquisitor - Exotic Weapon: Fauchard // Seize the Moment
Lvl 10: Inquisitor
Lvl 11: Inquisitor - Dazzling Display
Lvl 12: Inquisitor - Shake It Off
Lvl 13: Inquisitor - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 14: Inquisitor
Lvl 15: Inquisitor - Improved Critical: Fauchard // Allied Spellcaster
Lvl 16: Inquisitor
Lvl 17: Inquisitor - Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 18: Fighter - Blindfight
Lvl 19: Fighter - Power Attack // Dreadful Carnage
Lvl 20: Fighter

Important Spells:
Lvl1: Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, True Strike, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith
Lvl2: Restoration(Lesser), Cure Moderate Wounds, Find Traps, Remove Paralysis, Effortless Armor
Lvl3: Delay Poison(Communal), Heroism, Cure Serious Wounds, Resist Energy(Communal)
Lvl4: Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Protection from Energy(Communal)
Lvl5: Resounding Blow, Sacred Nimbus, Break Enchantment
Lvl6: Inspiring Recovery, Heal, Dispel Magic(Greater)

Gear: longspear till lvl 9, Fauchard later(Serpent prince ideally), Absolver Cloak, +Stat gear
The rest is mostly whatever, you won’t have good AC no matter what. Sit enlarged in the back and chop away.

Pretty standard Monster tactician. The class isn’t much about versatility anyways.
Thank you so much! It's ok if it's a standard build. I'm so new to Pathfinder that this is perfect for me! At least I know it is built right. And I'm sure I'll learn a lot as I use it. Thank you again! (^__^)

InEffect: Race: Human

Alignment: NG
Deity: Erastil/Gozreh(whatever you fancy)
Domans: Animal

Stats:
Int: 7
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

Final Build: Inquisitor(Monster Tactician) 17/Fighter(Two-Handed)3

Main skills: Persuasion (Max), Perception (Max), Trickery
Suggested secondary skills: Athletics 1, Stealth 1, whatever else you fancy

Lvl 1: Inquisitor - Spell Focus: Conjuration // Augment Summoning
Lvl 2: Inquisitor
Lvl 3: Inquisitor - Superior Summoning // Precise Strike
Lvl 4: Inquisitor
Lvl 5: Inquisitor - Boon Companion
Lvl 6: Inquisitor - Outflank
Lvl 7: Inquisitor - Combat Reflexes
Lvl 8: Inquisitor
Lvl 9: Inquisitor - Exotic Weapon: Fauchard // Seize the Moment
Lvl 10: Inquisitor
Lvl 11: Inquisitor - Dazzling Display
Lvl 12: Inquisitor - Shake It Off
Lvl 13: Inquisitor - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 14: Inquisitor
Lvl 15: Inquisitor - Improved Critical: Fauchard // Allied Spellcaster
Lvl 16: Inquisitor
Lvl 17: Inquisitor - Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 18: Fighter - Blindfight
Lvl 19: Fighter - Power Attack // Dreadful Carnage
Lvl 20: Fighter

Important Spells:
Lvl1: Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, True Strike, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith
Lvl2: Restoration(Lesser), Cure Moderate Wounds, Find Traps, Remove Paralysis, Effortless Armor
Lvl3: Delay Poison(Communal), Heroism, Cure Serious Wounds, Resist Energy(Communal)
Lvl4: Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Protection from Energy(Communal)
Lvl5: Resounding Blow, Sacred Nimbus, Break Enchantment
Lvl6: Inspiring Recovery, Heal, Dispel Magic(Greater)

Gear: Serpent prince, Absolver Cloak, +Stat gear
The rest is mostly whatever, you won’t have good AC no matter what. Sit enlarged in the back and chop away.

Pretty standard Monster tactician. The class isn’t much about versatility anyways.
Meta bard for Kuai

Race: Aasimar(Angelkin)

Alignment: LG

Stats:
Str: 18 > 22
Int: 12
Wis: 7
Cha: 17 > 18 @ 20

Final Build: Monk(Scaled Fist) 1/Bard(Archaeologist) 4/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 4/Eldritch Knight 10

Main skills: Mobility 3. Knowledge(Arcana) 5, Persuasion (Max), Trickery
Suggested secondary skills: Athletics 1, Stealth 1, Some UMD, whatever else you fancy

Lvl 1: Monk - Dodge // Crane Style
Lvl 2: Fighter - Weapon Focus: Greataxe
Lvl 3: Bard - Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 4: Bard - Combat Trick > Dazzling Display
Lvl 5: Bard - Outflank
Lvl 6: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 7: Dragon Disciple - Crane Wing // Power Attack
Lvl 8: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 9: Dragon Disciple - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 10: Bard
Lvl 11: Eldritch Knight - Wings // Improved Critical: Greataxe
Lvl 12: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 13: Eldritch Knight - Dreadful Carnage
Lvl 14: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 15: Eldritch Knight - Cleave // Cleaving Finish
Lvl 16: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 17: Eldritch Knight - Crane Riposte
Lvl 18: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 19: Eldritch Knight - Greater Weapon Focus: Greataxe // Weapon Specialization: Greataxe
Lvl 20: Eldritch Knight

Spells by level in order of importance:
Lvl 1: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Vanish, Unbreakable Heart
Lvl 2: Mirror Image, Heroism, Sense Vitals, Cure Moderate Wounds, Glitterdust
Lvl 3: Good Hope, Haste, Displacement, Cure Serious Wounds, Delay Poison(Communal)
Lvl 4: Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door, Echolocation, Cure Critical Wounds, Break Enchantment
Lvl 5: Heroism(Greater), Dispel Magic(Greater), Joyful Rapture, Cure Light Wounds(Mass)
Lvl 6: Brilliant Inspiration, Cure Moderate Wounds(Mass)

Gear: Staff early, Greataxe(Vanquisher bis) later. Monk robes, AC gear, Stat Gear.

Not much to tell. That’s one mean bard to chop some heads off. Pretty self-explanatory. Would like alchemist in the party for shield spell.
InEffect,

Would you please build me what you would think as the best Rogue / Archer combo ??

Thanks,

Love reading all your builds for others...
InEffect,

On Steam, you mentioned a Str-based dual wield build - KM/SF/Pal/Vivi. Would you care to do a full breakdown of the build, either here or on your main thread? I happen to think this dual wield build can compete for the top melee DPS spot against the bite/trip vivi, especially if you're playing solo and don't put out as many AOOs. 10-11 APR when dual wielding is nothing to sneeze at.
InEffect: Effortless fighter for P-Stache

Race: Human

Alignment: LG or LE

Stats:
Dex: 13
Int: 11
Wis: 8
Cha: 14

Final Build: Fighter 9/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Monk(Traditional) 1/Bard(Archaeologist) 2/Dragon Disciple 4

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion (Max),
Suggested secondary skills: Perception (Max), Athletics 1, Trickery(Spare)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Fighter - Dodge // Armor Focus: Heavy // Weapon Focus: Longsword
Lvl 2: Fighter - Dazzling Display
Lvl 3: Alchemist - Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Lvl 4: Monk - Crane Style
Lvl 5: Fighter - Outflank
Lvl 6: Fighter - Weapon Specialization: Longsword
Lvl 7: Fighter - Shatter Defenses // Heavy Blades
Lvl 8: Fighter - Two-Weapon Fighting(+2 dex item)
Lvl 9: Fighter - Improved Two-Weapon Fighting(+4 dex item)
Lvl 10: Fighter - Improved Critical: Longsword
Lvl 11: Fighter - Greater Weapon Focus: Longsword // Effortless Dual-Wielding // Heavy Blades
Lvl 12: Alchemist - Feral Mutagen
Lvl 13: Alchemist - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting(+6 dex item)
Lvl 14: Bard
Lvl 15: Bard - Crane Wing // Combat Trick: Crane Riposte
Lvl 16: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 17: Dragon Disciple - Double Slice // Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 18: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 19: Dragon Disciple - Power Attack
Lvl 20: Alchemist - Combat Trick > Dreadful Carnage

Alchemist spells: Shield, True Strike, Invisibility, Restoration(Lesser)
Bard Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Remove Fear, Mirror Image, Cure Moderate Wounds, Sense Vitals

Gear: Mithral Plate, +Stat belt, +Stat hat, Ac gear.
BIS: Onslaught, Absolver/Castigator cloak, gyronna amulet, Ring of circumstances, Dreamer ring, Alkali gloves, Opportunist’s boots, Redeemer. Perfection.

Longsword was picked to avoid spending a feat. Also Redeemer+Perfection is a nice combo. Both are from artisan, one of them is a masterpiece, but at least they are present in the game and achievable bit past midgame if you are perfect with your kingdom management.. If you really want bastard swords you’d likely need a crafting mod to cheat them in.
Swap Armor Focus for Eotic Weapon proficiency of you really want to.

Max melee AC is 68 with all gear Legendary proportions, transformation, and a shield spell. 64 ranged AC 34/30 touch(nothing can be done).

Could abuse monk gear for more AC, but I’m unsure if that’s what you wanted. Drop armor focus, be LG, pick scaled fist. Grab +8bracers, Protector robes and you will have about 6 ac more and 10 extra touch AC. Those are just realities of monk vs heavy. Either should be fine on challenging and below. Monk is probably better for hard and I wouldn't do this sort of things on unfair

Crane wing/riposte work with whatever weapon set as of now.

Shield is self-sustainable with lesser extend wands. Or employ jubilost for that. You wont say no for extra transformation casts from him either. And you need Jubilost for echolocation in endgame anyways.
Hi In_Effect, I was thinking about using this build as a base for a two weapon fighter with DEX.
I was thinking to keep the Monk-Dip and the 9 Figher-Levels for Effortles Dual-Wield, and fill the rest with Vivisectionist. Or would Slayer be better? As far as I know more attacks vs. more sneak-attack dice.
I would remove the Dragon Diciple because DEX-build. Is the bard needed? What is it for anyways?
Do you think that would be viable? I would use your idea of going armorless, so Scaled Fist. Ditch Armor Focus etc. and get Weapon Finesse and I think slashing grace (?).

Or would you suggest somethink completly different for Dex Two Weapon Fighting?
Keeping Alchemist would be nice I think for the self buffs, Shield etc.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by DSMTyralion
So i made my first character similar to the degenerate druid shown here (i forgot that shapeshift is different from 3.5) but i don't play the degenerate/snare/kite style. Can anyone suggest some uses for lower level druid spells? Other than a few communal and animal companion buffs most of it seems useless.
DSMTyralion: Hi In_Effect, I was thinking about using this build as a base for a two weapon fighter with DEX.
I was thinking to keep the Monk-Dip and the 9 Figher-Levels for Effortles Dual-Wield, and fill the rest with Vivisectionist. Or would Slayer be better? As far as I know more attacks vs. more sneak-attack dice.
I would remove the Dragon Diciple because DEX-build. Is the bard needed? What is it for anyways?
Do you think that would be viable? I would use your idea of going armorless, so Scaled Fist. Ditch Armor Focus etc. and get Weapon Finesse and I think slashing grace (?).

Or would you suggest somethink completly different for Dex Two Weapon Fighting?
Keeping Alchemist would be nice I think for the self buffs, Shield etc.
Effortless fighting is a meme thing. Most anything is better, really. Like kukris, for example. Really, though, if you are playing dex main question should be: "how do I ramp AB" as the ways of doing that are kinda limited.
Second consideration is "how does the thing survive". Combine the two in once character and you've got yourself a passable dex build. Naturally, it means either slayer or vivisectionist. With the latter also solving the AC problem it's always the better thing to do. Something like https://www.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffect_builds_for_you/post223 or https://www.gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffect_builds_for_you/post154 is naturally how things go.
Archaeologist in the build above allows for DD levels, provides mirror image, and gives UD. Pretty noice.