It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The game crashes randomly, and often while in menus. Sometimes it'll be fine for 2h, sometimes it'll crash twice in 5 min.
So, this past week, I pretty much tried everything I think (see attached screen shot)

The error is always the same : UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module UnityPlayer.dll at *Memory adress*

This seems to be engine rather than game related.
Googling the error leads to the Unity forums where the devs acknowleged this bug affecting several Unity games when a certain version of Citrix is installed.

Citrix has never been installed on my machine, so it's something else.
So far I tried :

- Full reinstall (with formating) of Windows + nothing installed except Gog/Kingmaker and lastest Nvidia drivers
- Playing with or without mods
- Unplugging my second screen
- Updating mobo from generic drivers to the last Gigabytes ones.
- Capping frame rate to 60fps
- Disabling Gsync
- Activating/disactivating Vsync
- Playing fulll screen, windowed or with borders
- Playing with lowest settings
- Downloading all the c++ libraries/redists (2005>2017) from Microsoft
- Bios is up to date
- Playing the lastest available version of Kingmaker, checked the files a dozen times.
- Disabling AV (Windows Defender)
- Forcing admin mode / Win7 mode on exe
- Playing on 720p instead of 1440p

Also, everything else runs just fine on my machine, no instability whatsoever, ran heavy benchmarks without issues, never had a blue screen.

On my potato laptop, the game seems to run fine, at 5fps.
I played this game for 300hours last year on the same PC without any issue.
So this must be one of these tricky hardware/driver "russian roulette" compatibility problem you sometimes encounter.

So here is my detailed config, if any one else had similar issues :
Windows 10 pro 64 v2004
Gigabyte Aorus x570 I pro wifi
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung 970evo nvme pcie4 SSD
Evga RTX 2070 super

Does anyone have any idea, or will have I to give up on this new playthrough ?
Help would surely be appreciated.
Attachments:
crash2.jpg (111 Kb)
Post edited October 18, 2020 by Zuglok
Zuglok: The game crashes randomly, and often while in menus. Sometimes it'll be fine for 2h, sometimes it'll crash twice in 5 min.
So, this past week, I pretty much tried everything I think (see attached screen shot)

The error is always the same : UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module UnityPlayer.dll at *Memory adress*

This seems to be engine rather than game related.
Googling the error leads to the Unity forums where the devs acknowleged this bug affecting several Unity games when a certain version of Citrix is installed.

Citrix has never been installed on my machine, so it's something else.
So far I tried :

- Full reinstall (with formating) of Windows + nothing installed except Gog/Kingmaker and lastest Nvidia drivers
- Playing with or without mods
- Unplugging my second screen
- Updating mobo from generic drivers to the last Gigabytes ones.
- Capping frame rate to 60fps
- Disabling Gsync
- Activating/disactivating Vsync
- Playing fulll screen, windowed or with borders
- Playing with lowest settings
- Downloading all the c++ libraries/redists (2005>2017) from Microsoft
- Bios is up to date
- Playing the lastest available version of Kingmaker, checked the files a dozen times.
- Disabling AV (Windows Defender)
- Forcing admin mode / Win7 mode on exe
- Playing on 720p instead of 1440p

Also, everything else runs just fine on my machine, no instability whatsoever, ran heavy benchmarks without issues, never had a blue screen.

On my potato laptop, the game seems to run fine, at 5fps.
I played this game for 300hours last year on the same PC without any issue.
So this must be one of these tricky hardware/driver "russian roulette" compatibility problem you sometimes encounter.

So here is my detailed config, if any one else had similar issues :
Windows 10 pro 64 v2004
Gigabyte Aorus x570 I pro wifi
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung 970evo nvme pcie4 SSD
Evga RTX 2070 super

Does anyone have any idea, or will have I to give up on this new playthrough ?
Help would surely be appreciated.
After the patch from v2 .1.4 to v2.1.5c, did you install the next one?

The next one was a Hotfix, Hotfix v2.1.5c

But don't worry the next patch v2.1.6 will be released soon.... With gog, they won't post it anytime soon. They still don't even have patch v2.1.5c or the Hotfix 2.1.5c up yet, in the Offline Download Files section...... and it was sent to them 7 days ago, and 5 days ago respectively...
Post edited October 18, 2020 by pen311
pen311: After the patch from v2 .1.4 to v2.1.5c, did you install the next one?

The next one was a Hotfix, Hotfix v2.1.5c

But don't worry the next patch v2.1.6 will be released soon.... With gog, they won't post it anytime soon. They still don't even have patch v2.1.5c or the Hotfix 2.1.5c up yet, in the Offline Download Files section...... and it was sent to them 7 days ago, and 5 days ago respectively...
Thank you for your answer, my game is currently on version 2.1.5d. 2.1.5c to 2.1.5d changed nothing on my side, sadly.
Post edited October 18, 2020 by Zuglok
For information, crashes stopped when I upgraded Windows 10 from 2004 to 2009.
Nothing else changed except the Windows upgrade (my 2004 was a clean/formated install already), I've had a good 30h of playtime since without a single crash.
I suspect a weird driver/os issue that I'll never be able to undsertand or replicate.
Zuglok: For information, crashes stopped when I upgraded Windows 10 from 2004 to 2009.
Nothing else changed except the Windows upgrade (my 2004 was a clean/formated install already), I've had a good 30h of playtime since without a single crash.
I suspect a weird driver/os issue that I'll never be able to undsertand or replicate.
I have a similar UnityPlayer.dll error. It occurs for Bloons TD 6 and RimWorld, both of which use Unity. I have similar hardware with you as well, I have a SAGER NP7958F1 (CLEVO NH58AF1), which has a dGPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6.

However I'm already at Windows 10 20H2 (2009) and I'm still having this issue. I also see Citrix mentioned a lot but I don't have Citrix.

I made a detailed comment here https://forum.unity.com/threads/unityplayer-dll-every-games-made-with-it-are-randomly-crashing.897173/#post-6612385.
Zuglok: For information, crashes stopped when I upgraded Windows 10 from 2004 to 2009.
611d7c7a1d34: I have a similar UnityPlayer.dll error. It occurs for Bloons TD 6 and RimWorld, both of which use Unity. I have similar hardware with you as well, I have a SAGER NP7958F1 (CLEVO NH58AF1), which has a dGPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6.

However I'm already at Windows 10 20H2 (2009) and I'm still having this issue. I also see Citrix mentioned a lot but I don't have Citrix.

I made a detailed comment here https://forum.unity.com/threads/unityplayer-dll-every-games-made-with-it-are-randomly-crashing.897173/#post-6612385.
Something is wrong somehow in the systems in which people are seeing unity games crashing. I don't have any crashes with Unity games--none--usually this sort of thing happens because a driver has been misconfigured--or some software in the user's system is conflicting for some reason.

You aren't running MSI's AfterBurner utility, are you? It's known to cause problems with the AMD drivers--if running it, completely uninstall it from your system--don't just turn it off--uninstall it!

v2004 b21301.1010 Win10x64 (Microsoft decided to drop the "2009" moniker, btw--as it was too confusing...;))
AMD 50th Ann Ed 5700XT, Adrenalin 21.2.1
Ryzen 3900X
x570 Aorus Master

Good luck!
I also have this issue for different Unitiy games, Windows is really freshly installed.
Tried most of the things you mentioned and some others, no help.

"Funnily" im also on Ryzen (3900x) and an RTX 2070. That might be an interesting path to maybe fixing this unity issue?

cheers,
Felix
leolllol: I also have this issue for different Unitiy games, Windows is really freshly installed.
Tried most of the things you mentioned and some others, no help.

"Funnily" im also on Ryzen (3900x) and an RTX 2070. That might be an interesting path to maybe fixing this unity issue?

cheers,
Felix
I also get UnityPlayer.dll crashes in almost all unity games.

I have a R7 3700x + RTX 3070
I also got the crashes with an R7 3700x + GTX 1070

But never had the problem with I7-7700k + GTX 1070.

So I think it is an AMD driver compatible problem when using Nvidia cards.
Game runs great for me--RX-5700XT AMD. Got several Unity engine games--all run flawlessly.
waltc: Game runs great for me--RX-5700XT AMD. Got several Unity engine games--all run flawlessly.
After some more testing. I can conclude a few more things.

R7 3700x + RTX 3070/GTX 1070/GTX 1660 TI/RTX 2070 = Crash
R5 5600x + RTX 3070/GTX 1070/GTX 1660 TI/RTX 2070 = No Crash
I5-6500 + RTX 3070/GTX 1070/GTX 1660 TI/RTX 2070 = No Crash
I7-7700k + GTX 1070 = No Crash

So I am thinking there is some problem with the 3000 series. Especially since I am not the only one.

I also found a game that reliable crash with UnityPlayer.dll really quickly. A game called Primordials battle of gods.
Post edited March 13, 2021 by Saphyron
Never mix red and green, huh.

Granted, my personal choice is and always has been Intel+NVidia.
Grrymjo: Never mix red and green, huh.

Granted, my personal choice is and always has been Intel+NVidia.
For once it actually wasn't the CPU.

After extensive testing. I tried swapping out the memory (RAM) and found out I had 1 faulty stick of memory. now everything works.
waltc: Game runs great for me--RX-5700XT AMD. Got several Unity engine games--all run flawlessly.
Saphyron: After some more testing. I can conclude a few more things.

R7 3700x + RTX 3070/GTX 1070/GTX 1660 TI/RTX 2070 = Crash
R5 5600x + RTX 3070/GTX 1070/GTX 1660 TI/RTX 2070 = No Crash
I5-6500 + RTX 3070/GTX 1070/GTX 1660 TI/RTX 2070 = No Crash
I7-7700k + GTX 1070 = No Crash

So I am thinking there is some problem with the 3000 series. Especially since I am not the only one.

I also found a game that reliable crash with UnityPlayer.dll really quickly. A game called Primordials battle of gods.
Well, I'm running a 3900X...so I guess that disposes of that particular notion..;) People often forget, as well, that individual games have bugs--ie, not all unity-engine games are the same, of course. It's just like games using any other engine, imo. Some are buggier than others.
I have the same crash error for UnityPlayer.dll, but interestingly it's only on Windows 11, not Windows 10.

I'm using a Ryzen 4700u with no external GPU. The game I'm playing is Tales of Wind.

On different Win10 machines, game runs fine. But on Win11, it crashes after about 30mins~1hour and always throws the same UnityPlayer.dll error.

I've tried running the game in Win7 compatibility mode, running as admin, forcing DX10 on the game (using dxcpl by following a Steam forum guide, which I can't link for some reason) and none of them worked.

Tested a completely fresh Win11 install and just leaving the game idle. After a while, it would crash with the same error. So it seems like it's something specific with Win11.