It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I get a black screen for several seconds then the game crashes to desktop without an error.
Have exacly the same issue
Caffiend81: I get a black screen for several seconds then the game crashes to desktop without an error.
Same here. I was able to play well until 1.04.
Crashed on 1.03, crashed on every patch since.
Have you tried not to press everything once the owlcat license passes?

My game crashes if I press the mouse or keyboard during the loading screen. It would crash before the menu scrolling finish too if I press the mouse too early.
Game Crash with 1.0.6 every time at loading screen!
xanathos1st: Game Crash with 1.0.6 every time at loading screen!
Have you tried reinstalling it?

I ask, because my game is running.
Post edited October 07, 2018 by dessoul
Same issue here. :(
Same here.

Was running yesterday, with yesterday's 1.06; crashing with today's 1.06.

Also, BTW, incrementing version numbers would be good when you push updates, just FYI.

Edit: File repair through GOG seems to have made the game load without crashing, FWIW. So maybe just a bad patching mechanism.
Post edited October 07, 2018 by sigmabody
sigmabody: Same here.

Was running yesterday, with yesterday's 1.06; crashing with today's 1.06.

Also, BTW, incrementing version numbers would be good when you push updates, just FYI.

Edit: File repair through GOG seems to have made the game load without crashing, FWIW. So maybe just a bad patching mechanism.
the last two updates waited, until you stop playing. The ones before and this one did not. But doesn´t matter. I am glad for the patches. A reload is not sooo bad.
dessoul: Have you tried reinstalling it?

It seems to be working now, I did reinstall but I am not sure if that fixed it because I got a black screena after the reinstall too.

The issue seems to be that the game has horrible load times which makes WIndows think the game has crashed when it has not. And the game is doing loading during the black screen when it should be displaying a logo and/or progress bar. I had to leave it alone for like 10 minutes or so for it to finish loading, it was awful. I expect better of released games.
dessoul: Have you tried reinstalling it?

Caffiend81: It seems to be working now, I did reinstall but I am not sure if that fixed it because I got a black screena after the reinstall too.

The issue seems to be that the game has horrible load times which makes WIndows think the game has crashed when it has not. And the game is doing loading during the black screen when it should be displaying a logo and/or progress bar. I had to leave it alone for like 10 minutes or so for it to finish loading, it was awful. I expect better of released games.
Since 1.0.7 it works again. No Reinstall.
Post edited October 13, 2018 by xanathos1st
I am on win10 and I have never experienced these crashes nor the long load times.