It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm using the HD patch. Never played the game before at all.

Is it normal to have what I can only describe as odd LOD behavior? Like the terrain is kinda squiggly depending on the distance and angle you're viewing from?

EDIT: I see this is actually normal, due to the game engine.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by castun66
Jimmdon: Hey guys,
When I'm trying to install the patch, I can choose the resoultion but then this message comes :
"unexpected error while creating file "loader.exe" make sure that you have written permission over this file".

I'm using the GOG version and Windows 7
Any help ?
I have the some problem. Any help?
Post edited September 20, 2014 by V3001
I am SO glad that GoG is getting the 1.1 Update.

Here's hoping that the peeps who were working on the tweaks to the old version can start making 1.1 even prettier (4K mode, anyone?)
Muskie: Here's hoping that the peeps who were working on the tweaks to the old version can start making 1.1 even prettier (4K mode, anyone?)
I have doubts any machine would be able to handle that. Keep in mind that (unless I'm mistaken) Outcast is still fully rendered by the CPU. Already in 1080p there's some notable performance drops even on powerful machines, a 4k resolution may fruther reduce the performance by like 75% I guess.

There's always hope that the devs will eventually be able to make the game run in hardware mode, though. Of course hardware accelleration isn't optimized for voxels at all but I can imagine that shaders might be used to render the voxels far more efficiently than it is possible via CPU rendering.
How to remove the green border of the HUD / NO VISOR on Outcast 1.1 (better performance)?

Is it possible to do the subtitle field on 1.1 like on Second Contact one?
Post edited October 30, 2020 by sYNRave
HD-патч удаляет (HD-V2 только портит) переходную карту и с каждым повышением разрешения делает поверхность воды на базовой дистанции обзора более мутной (тяжело искать ресурсы), да и многоядерности нет, чтобы стабильно тянуть 60fps хотя бы в 720p даже на 4500 MHz.

Восстановить уровень прозрачности поверхности воды после HD-патча можно в OUTCAST.ini:
[WaterEffect] - Water_opacity_pitch=20000 - повысить до 22000 (480p) или 23000 (600p)
Post edited May 15, 2022 by sYNRave