It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What, may I ask, is the Serial Tool referred to in the changelog? And more importantly, does this changelog mean I have to uninstall NwN2, and then download and reinstall the game? I ran the patch application and it says I am up-to-date...

I am just a bit confused whether the changelog refers to the game itself, or GOG's downloader.

Another thing, I am still using Windows 8.1; will the game run in Windows 10? I don't plan on upgrading just yet, but probably will before the end of this year.
This question / problem has been solved by olnortonimage
If you want to play in multiplayer, then you need to put the serial keys you can find on your account page NWN2>download>more>serial keys, into your nwncdkey.ini (a simple copy and paste)
The Serial Tool is a small program to put these keys into your nwncdkey.ini.
You copy and paste them into the tool & it copy and pastes them into the nwncdkey.ini.
I assume this was done for permission issues with later operating systems.
I know, I know. Don't assume it makes an ASS out of U and ME. (Benny Hill)

The game itself is version 1.0.23.1765, this is the final version, needs no patching & hasn't changed in years.

If you play in single player, or can edit an .ini file, then don't worry about the update.

I'm about half way though a campaign since upgrading to win 10 & have had no issues.
olnorton: If you want to play in multiplayer, then you need to put the serial keys you can find on your account page NWN2>download>more>serial keys, into your nwncdkey.ini (a simple copy and paste)
The Serial Tool is a small program to put these keys into your nwncdkey.ini.
You copy and paste them into the tool & it copy and pastes them into the nwncdkey.ini.
I assume this was done for permission issues with later operating systems.
I know, I know. Don't assume it makes an ASS out of U and ME. (Benny Hill)

The game itself is version 1.0.23.1765, this is the final version, needs no patching & hasn't changed in years.

If you play in single player, or can edit an .ini file, then don't worry about the update.

I'm about half way though a campaign since upgrading to win 10 & have had no issues.
Thank you for your informative response! I can open the nwncdkey file in Notepad; do I need to leave spaces after "=" at all, and do the keys have to be in capitals?
MrWuppet: do I need to leave spaces after "=" at all, and do the keys have to be in capitals?
I left no space after = & I only copy & pasted, so all are in capitals. I don't know if they need to be.