It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ahoy!

I have NWN2 on Steam, but it seems to have a very annoying bug where when I walk with my keyboard, it occasionally turns my character 180 degrees. It's pretty common, and from what I could gather it was introduced with the latest patch.

Does the game have this bug on GoG as well? If not, I will very much consider purchasing it here as well. I love this game, but the character mode is by far my favourite camera angle. If the movement doesn't glitch.

-Mikau
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Set you character mode options like this:

And take your finger of the mouse button before you release the W key.
Attachments:
Post edited April 16, 2014 by olnorton
MikauSchekzen: Ahoy!

I have NWN2 on Steam, but it seems to have a very annoying bug where when I walk with my keyboard, it occasionally turns my character 180 degrees. It's pretty common, and from what I could gather it was introduced with the latest patch.

Does the game have this bug on GoG as well? If not, I will very much consider purchasing it here as well. I love this game, but the character mode is by far my favourite camera angle. If the movement doesn't glitch.

-Mikau
this has been an issue since the game came out on disc, been playing it for years and it just happens
MikauSchekzen: Ahoy!

-Mikau
I'm also interested to know if that's fixed here. I'm guessing it's not, but would love to be corrected.

For some reason people always want to tell you it's not unique to NWN2 or some other ridiculousness, but it is, and it's unique to the last patch. Many people played fine for a long time, and then got the final update and suddenly it's basically impossible to play with keyboard control.
I have trouble where my character turns directly left or right after stopping (90 degrees) when I stop movement, but I don't recall having done a whole flip-around.

The thing that seems to work for 90 degrees is to have the last key you hold down be forward (W) before releasing from the keyboard. As in don't hold two keys together or any other direction when stopping.
I got this bug recently that when I using the movement keys, on specific places, the character will do a 180 degrees turn and run in that direction until I press a key.