It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is the original Mount and Blade the enhanced version of 1.011 or no?

really curious about whether I can use this download version for the star wars/the last days mods or not. The enhanced version really does help with stability.

Also if it's not can I install the gog version and not need the serial for later installs of enhanced version?

Thank in advance, gog staff or anyone else who can help.

:)
Jonathanimal: Is the original Mount and Blade the enhanced version of 1.011 or no?

really curious about whether I can use this download version for the star wars/the last days mods or not. The enhanced version really does help with stability.

Also if it's not can I install the gog version and not need the serial for later installs of enhanced version?

Thank in advance, gog staff or anyone else who can help.

:)
It's free, just download and try, haha.
Jonathanimal: Is the original Mount and Blade the enhanced version of 1.011 or no?
This version has file differences when compared to both versions (including some files that aren't present in either previous version). Star Wars Conquest gave an error while loading and then crashed when I tried to continue; I didn't try The Last Days but results would probably be similar.
Jonathanimal: Also if it's not can I install the gog version and not need the serial for later installs of enhanced version?
This version doesn't use a key so you'll still be prompted as usual when running the enhanced version.
What's the Enhanced Version? Is it a fan patch or official? This is the first I heard of it!

Is it the same as the "1.011" patch found on Taleworlds.com? (They don't use the word "Enhanced").

I tried to find info, but could only turn up old forum posts with 404 links.
Post edited November 12, 2014 by Zeus
Zeus: What's the Enhanced Version? Is it a fan patch or official? This is the first I heard of it!

Is it the same as the "1.011" patch found on Taleworlds.com? (They don't use the word "Enhanced").

http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version

from moddb:

"Description

This is the famous silently fixed (and secretly released) version from TaleWorlds. They're currently distributing an older game (although with the same version number) Thanks and kudos goes to Ar - Adunakhor. He originally uploaded the file to Fileplanet/Gameplanet and was the first one in acknowledge the differences and investigate about. hide detail -

- What's included in here? Have you modified it?

This is a Pure - Original - Untouched - Pristine - Official version. The latest one they released.
Even newer than the TaleWords currently distributes in their website.

- Enhanced Version?
•DRM Free. (Doesn't includes Themida Protection)
•Includes several enhancements respect the older one.
•Extra languages included (Spanish, Turk,...).
•Optimized Game Executable (Half of the original size).
•Removed 32 Troop Type limit.
•Better Scenes. Repaired some AI meshes.
•..."

There is a link to a bigger differences log but it seems it's no longer any good.

This is just curiosity. Not bashing Gog's free version. The was so very kind of gog and the people behind M&B!
Jonathanimal: This is just curiosity. Not bashing Gog's free version. The was so very kind of gog and the people behind M&B!
Wow! Thanks so much for the info. I agree, GOG can only distribute the files that they are provided. But since the free giveaway version doesn't have a serial number, chance are it *is* the Enhanced version. Fingers crossed. :)
Post edited November 12, 2014 by Zeus
Zeus: What's the Enhanced Version? Is it a fan patch or official? This is the first I heard of it!

Jonathanimal: http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version

from moddb:

There is a link to a bigger differences log but it seems it's no longer any good.

This is just curiosity. Not bashing Gog's free version. The was so very kind of gog and the people behind M&B!
On that same page I think it says the best way to check is the games .exe file size

"[MOUNT&BLADE - 2008 RELEASE]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The game's executable (mount&blade.exe) it's about 3,78 MB (3.969.024 bytes)
Also, take a look to the modification date: friday, ‎31‎ October ‎2008, ‏‎8:08:10 PM"

"[MOUNT&BLADE - 2009 RELEASE - ENHANCED VERSION]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The game's executable (mount&blade.exe) it's about 1,97 MB (2.072.576 bytes)
Also, take a look to the modification date: friday, ‎18‎ December ‎2009, ‏‎5:20:38 PM"
I just installed the GOG version.

mount&blade.exe

Size: 2.61 MB (2,743,296 bytes)

Modified: ‎Friday, ‎November ‎07, ‎2014, ‏‎2:42:18 PM

Ye gods!
Post edited November 13, 2014 by Zeus
It wouldn't surprise me if GOG hadn't heard about this super-secret enhanced release, so they probably didn't ask about it.

So maybe we could ask them to ask about it.

HEY GOG! TALEWORLDS GAVE YOU AN INCOMPLETE VERSION OF MOUNT AND BLADE. CAN YOU ASK THEM IF WE COULD GET THE ENHANCED VERSION? I WANT TO PLAY STAR WARS IN MY HORSE AND BOW VIDEO GAME.
Post edited November 13, 2014 by doctorfrog
Hah, well my point was, this GOG release doesn't match up with the original or the extended edition. The file size pretty much splits the difference between them. So I have no idea what to expect from this version.

Can anyone think of an easy test to see if it carries over some of the enhancements from the 2009 update?

I guess we could see if it has the Turkish language option, but I'm not really sure how to do that.
Post edited November 13, 2014 by Zeus
Zeus: Can anyone think of an easy test to see if it carries over some of the enhancements from the 2009 update?

I guess we could see if it has the Turkish language option, but I'm not really sure how to do that.
This has the Turkish language but there are various files that are new or different from the normal and enhanced 1.011 versions (e.g. some MP3 songs in the music folder).
Arkose: This has the Turkish language but there are various files that are new or different from the normal and enhanced 1.011 versions (e.g. some MP3 songs in the music folder).
Wait, what? The music is different? Anyone know if the music was also different in the Enhanced version, or is this an all new undocumented change to the game?
Zeus: Wait, what? The music is different? Anyone know if the music was also different in the Enhanced version, or is this an all new undocumented change to the game?
This isn't a feature removal; the MP3s are in addition to the regular OGG tracks seen in the other versions. I haven't played this version to see whether they are actually used in-game. These sound like the beta music tracks (used before faction-specific music was added in later betas leading up to the official release) so I don't know why they would reappear in a newer build. It could be that they were somehow included by mistake.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Arkose
So can we install mods with the free version or what? Anyone got a list which will work if any?
I have the original game on disk (not sure which issue number it is) which I purchased about 5 years ago, does anyone know if the GOG version is the latest including any upgrades since then?

I also have on file some the (Mount Fan Blade site it's still running) fan upgrades such as different historical place and time settings, texture and SFX enhancements from around 2010 but, not sure if they will still work or in the case of the SFX and texture upgrades are needed on the GOG version.

Nexus also has various upgrades available for M&B. For anyone who has not used Nexus it is a great site for adding or removing mods quickly and easily.