It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I first got this game when it was new, but I never got far and since then I always thought back on it as one of the most difficult games I'd played. Now I gave it a second chance and beat it without problems at level 90.

I've read that the maximum level is 250, which seems insane. Is the game really that much harder on Warrior? I haven't tried it, but it seems like a waste of time trying to get there on Adventurer difficulty at least.
You thought was Xeen hard? You obviosuly didn't play MM1 or 2. ;-)
You can beat the game at level 90 in warrior mode too. It's in fact a waste of time trying to get the levels that high but some enjoy doing so.
High levels are only needed if you play a solo character or so.

Congratulations for beating the game. Try MM3 next, there's no adventurer mode.
Post edited January 03, 2013 by kmonster
PetrusOctavianus: You thought was Xeen hard? You obviosuly didn't play MM1 or 2. ;-)
the only thing that made them hard is that its hard to navigate trough. I had trouble with that game because i cant draw a map :(
After I did everything I could on Cloudside, I crossed the portal to the Darkside, only to find it extremely easy at my level. It became a dull slog through trash mobs. Gone was the challenge of the Red Dwarf Mines that kept me on the edge of my seat for hours!
PetrusOctavianus: You thought was Xeen hard? You obviosuly didn't play MM1 or 2. ;-)
hercufles: the only thing that made them hard is that its hard to navigate trough. I had trouble with that game because i cant draw a map :(
Eh? Both MM1 and MM2 were brutal the first 5 or so levels. MM2 was even hard in the beginning with imported characters.
And later in MM2 you run into armies of enemies. Meeting 10 Sorcerors and 80 Rocs, or 15 Orc Gods is not easy to survive.
Charon121: After I did everything I could on Cloudside, I crossed the portal to the Darkside, only to find it extremely easy at my level. It became a dull slog through trash mobs. Gone was the challenge of the Red Dwarf Mines that kept me on the edge of my seat for hours!
It picks up once you get further east and north, but it's never as challenging (or fun, IMO) as MM2.
Post edited January 03, 2013 by PetrusOctavianus
hercufles: the only thing that made them hard is that its hard to navigate trough. I had trouble with that game because i cant draw a map :(
PetrusOctavianus: Eh? Both MM1 and MM2 were brutal the first 5 or so levels. MM2 was even hard in the beginning with imported characters.
And later in MM2 you run into armies of enemies. Meeting 10 Sorcerors and 80 Rocs, or 15 Orc Gods is not easy to survive.
Charon121: After I did everything I could on Cloudside, I crossed the portal to the Darkside, only to find it extremely easy at my level. It became a dull slog through trash mobs. Gone was the challenge of the Red Dwarf Mines that kept me on the edge of my seat for hours!
PetrusOctavianus: It picks up once you get further east and north, but it's never as challenging (or fun, IMO) as MM2.
havent played 2 but i know with 1 that if you only visited some places you could easely survive. I always ran from the inn to the area with the jail i kicked the door opened fout monsters ran rested and repeat.
As PetrusOctavianus said, it will get a lot tougher once you leave the starting corner of the map. Remember that when you travel to Darkside, you are visiting the starting town, which is designed so that characters starting at level 5 can survive there. I also found Darkside easy at first with my party that had conquered Clouds, but soon it became a lot harder than Clouds had been.
I'm currently in the Temple of Bark. Still no challenge, but that's the first real dungeon on Darkside, as I understand.
Charon121: I'm currently in the Temple of Bark. Still no challenge, but that's the first real dungeon on Darkside, as I understand.
Oh, there will be challenge there, all right, if you chose to. ;-)
I just had the thought that it would have been great to keep transfering parties from 1 to 2, to 3, etc. In 4+5 you are actually taking on the same "boss" from all the preceding games, and while getting to 250th level in any one of the games may be seem insane, just think how much harder the game would be if you had to get at least that high, from playing through the preceding games and carrying over your experience! At any rate, I'd love it even if it needed to work in its own difficulty level, apart from either Adventurer or Warrior. In other words, you could play any of the games from scratch, but when you won it would be a different ending, and a totally different game.
Charon121: I'm currently in the Temple of Bark. Still no challenge, but that's the first real dungeon on Darkside, as I understand.
PetrusOctavianus: Oh, there will be challenge there, all right, if you chose to. ;-)
You must be referring to the boss in the deepest level of the dungeon. I've spoiled that bit for myself deliberately. :)
What made the game hard for me back in the day was that I'd just try to go anywhere, in both worlds. This time around I finishied Clouds first and then went for Darkside. Piece of cake!

The biggest problems with trying to get to level 250 must be that the enemies run out and that it gets so expensive, would be terribly boring I guess.
gaspop: The biggest problems with trying to get to level 250 must be that the enemies run out and that it gets so expensive, would be terribly boring I guess.
From what I understand it's virtually impossible to pay for training at those higher levels without exploiting the bank. The idea is to create junk characters and put their gold in the bank, then use the guy who lets you work for a week in the starting town to pass time quickly. Eventually that junk party will die of old age, but by then you'll have a ridiculous amount of money in the bank--enough to pay for the training at high levels.
gaspop: What made the game hard for me back in the day was that I'd just try to go anywhere, in both worlds. This time around I finishied Clouds first and then went for Darkside. Piece of cake!
Keep in mind that there are a lot of optional challenges in both Clouds and Darkside that are a lot tougher than simply finishing the main plotline. These can be fun to tackle if you're going for really high levels. Some of these places require going back and forth between Clouds and Darkside (for example, you might find a key on Darkside that opens a dungeon in Clouds).