It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gaspop: What made the game hard for me back in the day was that I'd just try to go anywhere, in both worlds. This time around I finishied Clouds first and then went for Darkside. Piece of cake!

The biggest problems with trying to get to level 250 must be that the enemies run out and that it gets so expensive, would be terribly boring I guess.
try the dungeon of death cloudside. Fun for the whole family.
Larias: I just had the thought that it would have been great to keep transfering parties from 1 to 2, to 3, etc. In 4+5 you are actually taking on the same "boss" from all the preceding games, and while getting to 250th level in any one of the games may be seem insane, just think how much harder the game would be if you had to get at least that high, from playing through the preceding games and carrying over your experience! At any rate, I'd love it even if it needed to work in its own difficulty level, apart from either Adventurer or Warrior. In other words, you could play any of the games from scratch, but when you won it would be a different ending, and a totally different game.
I haven't played 1 and 2 but from what I have heard it is way to easy to get to levels above 200 in MM 2 to make transfering them to 3 possible without having the chance of players that will get no challenge at all in 3. They also planned to let you transfer characters from 3 to 4 but the late game enemies give you way to much experience and you will end up with enough xp for a level around at least 130 without grinding in 3 and this is a general problem of M 3-5. They have a well thought out system untill level 20. There you get access to Implosion and Starburst which kills all but the strongest enemies in the game and when you reach them your fighters will have enough attacks to deal up to 3000 damage in one turn. The earlier fixed damage spells are also quite broken because they allow you to takle dungeons not made for your level and in MM3 this allows you to get those power thingies early and once you get the first batch of them you have enough XP to go above level 20 which means implosion is available.
Larias: I just had the thought that it would have been great to keep transfering parties from 1 to 2, to 3, etc. In 4+5 you are actually taking on the same "boss" from all the preceding games, and while getting to 250th level in any one of the games may be seem insane, just think how much harder the game would be if you had to get at least that high, from playing through the preceding games and carrying over your experience! At any rate, I'd love it even if it needed to work in its own difficulty level, apart from either Adventurer or Warrior. In other words, you could play any of the games from scratch, but when you won it would be a different ending, and a totally different game.
Darkcloud: I haven't played 1 and 2 but from what I have heard it is way to easy to get to levels above 200 in MM 2 to make transfering them to 3 possible without having the chance of players that will get no challenge at all in 3.
You can't transfer from MM2 to MM3; you start MM3 with fresh characters.

And I don't see how you can easily get to level above 200 in MM2. Last time I played I was about level 30 when I completed the game. I think the XP from completing the game gave me about 20 levels. So still only 1/4 to 200.
But of course if you're one of those tedious grinders you could probably grind Cuisinarts till you get level 200, but what would be the point?
Post edited January 10, 2013 by PetrusOctavianus
PetrusOctavianus: *snip*
I know you can't. I wanted to explain why the scraped it and if read somewhere that it is easy and that you do it to kill the Mega Dragon and well it seems to be easy enough to make it quite reasonable to assume that people have to powerful characters.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by Darkcloud
PetrusOctavianus: You thought was Xeen hard? You obviosuly didn't play MM1 or 2. ;-)
I bought the game originally for the Commodore 64. It was glorius, it was amazing, but unfortunately it also was bugged. After level 19 (with my original party) it would allow me to train my characters without needing any more experience points (gold allowing). I think this game killing bug was exclusive to the C-64 version. When I got my first PC circa 1994 I noticed this bug had been quashed.
Post edited March 19, 2013 by oldschool
Heh, I remember playing World of Xeen waay back before it was "old". I ran out of money for training, and I'd killed literally everything that was killable. My characters were in the mid 100's and just not enough cash to go around. Didn't know about exploiting the bank. I'd missed one (probably) tiny step along the way to uniting the worlds, and eventually quit in disgust. I walked over every single square of map in the game that I could get to, and that was tedious. Looking back I probably should have started the game on "warrior" mode so I'd at least have had something to do while aimlessly roaming and looking for that ONE thing I'd missed.