It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Laurent_Bonarek: Hello,

I'm french, and i have the version 1.40 of the GOG version, in french.

When i install the 1.50 patch, the language turns to english.
Is there an option (or a method) to set the language to french when i install the 1.50 patch ?

Thank you very much by advance

Laurent
Change value in file "language.ini" from 0 to 2 and save the file.
If you do not have this file in your MOO2 folder then create it.

BTW, there is no "version 1.40 of the GOG version, in french".
1.40 is in English only. French Gog version is 1.31.
So if you do have a 1.40 french version then it's modded somehow, which is possible but not what GoG provides by default.
Hello, Rocco.40,

Indeed, you were right !
Your launcher had detected a version 1.31.fr, before patching
I've just created a file "language.ini" with just "2" in it (nothing else), put it in the root folder of Moo2 and the game (patched 1.50) had switched french !

Thank's a lot for your help (and sorry for the wrong version number i gave to you ...)

Bye

Laurent
Hello Rocco.40, it's Laurent again.

I wonder why the game installers (GOG and Original), don't create automatiquely this Language.ini file, with instructions :
# 0 = english;
# 1 = xxx;
# 2 = french;
# 3 = xxx;
# ...

Of course, if i had seen this file in the root file of Moo2, i would have opened it and change the value !

So i wanted to propose that in the next update of the unofficial patch, you consider creating such a file automatiquely ...
... better, the installer of the patch could ask to choose the language ...

Thanx again

Laurent
Laurent_Bonarek: Hello Rocco.40, it's Laurent again.

I wonder why the game installers (GOG and Original), don't create automatiquely this Language.ini file, with instructions :
# 0 = english;
# 1 = xxx;
# 2 = french;
# 3 = xxx;
# ...

Of course, if i had seen this file in the root file of Moo2, i would have opened it and change the value !

So i wanted to propose that in the next update of the unofficial patch, you consider creating such a file automatiquely ...
... better, the installer of the patch could ask to choose the language ...

Thanx again

Laurent
these are the options:
0 = english,
1 = german,
2 = french,
3 = spanish,
4 = italian.

Will look into a way to add some clarity on this matter for next release.
I cannot launch master of orion 2 version 1.50. I get a message saying sdl.dll cannot be found. It is a DosBox file, and it is there....any ideas?
bigalanm: I cannot launch master of orion 2 version 1.50. I get a message saying sdl.dll cannot be found. It is a DosBox file, and it is there....any ideas?
Are you using the moo2 launcher that the patch/mod installed? You must use that.
bigalanm: [...] a DosBox file, and it is there....any ideas?
'It is there' .. perhaps this is the problem.
Where is there?
Is it actually in the dosbox location that you pointed to when installing the 1.50 patch with the Launcher?
Post edited April 17, 2019 by Rocco.40
Hello, thanks for the great work!

I am trying to install but with the moo launcher I get a file too long error:

Ah nevermind, the issue was that it was in the Gog games folder. Any other folder will work.
Attachments:
mkcc10z.png (73 Kb)
Post edited May 06, 2019 by Arnuz
moo2mod.com is down. Any chance to get somethere last mod?

moo2mod.com/patch/MOO2-1.50.14..zip
if anyone need.
Post edited June 04, 2019 by irk72ag
irk72ag: moo2mod.com is down. [...]
Not anymore..
irk72ag: moo2mod.com is down. [...]
Rocco.40: Not anymore..
why?
project abandoned?
Rocco.40: Not anymore..
irk72ag: why?
project abandoned?
I meant: moo2mod is not down anymore.
Is there a way to play a GOG cloud saved game in the 1.5 patch. If so what are the steps to do so? Also what midi and digital voice settings work well and how do I see what sound card on my my gaming laptop is compatible with what driver set up in the game settings? If the answer to these questions is already posted in a forum a polite pointing to the post would be appreciated.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by GTGizra
Master of Orion 2, the DOS version we play, uses DOSBox which is an emulator, so it does not matter at all what soundcard you actually, physically have in your computer except if you want to have true MIDI and such advanced stuff.

Why we play the DOS version and not the Windows 95 version? I know of NO Win 95 emulator, do you? Also, the DOS version has been patched to significantly improve the game.
Patch version 1.50.15 is out!

This new version has more mods included in the pack.

Details about the new version can be found in the changelog:
http://moo2mod.com/patch/CHANGELOG_150.TXT

And install instructions for the pack can be found here:
http://moo2mod.com/patch/install.txt