It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I found the 1.5 mod not that long ago during one of my sparodic google searches (moo4 related). I have not had time to mess around with it yet, but interest in moo2 has been re-sparked.
It is great that there are still people working on this game, hats of to you and thanks for the work.
I am hoping Nirranas ocl modding tool will still work, (cant check I am at work right now which limits access).

Anyway, this is a long winded way of asking this question:
Does this mod allow the antaran tech ie death rays upgrade like other techs(minituarisation mainly)?
I remember using the ocl to introduce some of the antaran tech onto the end of the tech trees. I had wanted to make them all Future Tech 1, but that never worked, I think you would get the tech/weapons, but they would not upgrade when you get to future tech 2 level, it just gives you them again.
I hope that made sense.

Thanks again for your work :)
Played my first vanilla game using 1.5. I really like the custom build lists. Very useful. Thanks so much for this patch.

Now I'm gonna have to check out some of the other stuff you guys left optional.

ICE mod is fully compatible now with 1.5, right?
Post edited September 26, 2016 by Dreamteam67
Kothyxaan: I am hoping Nirranas ocl modding tool will still work, (cant check I am at work right now which limits access).
OCL is no longer needed, the patch works with a config system that can change settings (all that was in OCL and much more) on the fly, without touching the exe itself.

Kothyxaan: Does this mod allow the antaran tech ie death rays upgrade like other techs(minituarisation mainly)?
I remember using the ocl to introduce some of the antaran tech onto the end of the tech trees. I had wanted to make them all Future Tech 1, but that never worked, I think you would get the tech/weapons, but they would not upgrade when you get to future tech 2 level, it just gives you them again.
I hope that made sense.
Yes, it made sense. :)
The question is not uncommon at all and has been asked before on CivFantics forum for example.
A tech will receive miniaturization when it is in the tech tree.
So for Antaran Tech to get minia, you have to put it in the tree.
The option of putting a tech in an advanced field indeed does not work.

Dreamteam67: Played my first vanilla game using 1.5. I really like the custom build lists. Very useful. Thanks so much for this patch.

Now I'm gonna have to check out some of the other stuff you guys left optional.

ICE mod is fully compatible now with 1.5, right?
We left optional; the Balanced 1.50 config, AISHIPS config that - as the name might suggest - improves the ship designs for the AI, and Picks config that changes the custom race pick values (and serves as example config to easily make your own pick valuation). And a quartet of mapmods also.
ICE mod 12c is especially written for (and compatible with) the 1.50.4 patch
Post edited September 27, 2016 by Rocco.40
Thanks for your answers Rocco.40.
I figured as much with both of your answers.
The OCL is handy though, then you can make changes and copy paste to a .ini file (as far as i can figure out).
And yeh, shame about the antaran tech thing, so now I need to decide to do; what I had already done (put them into the very last tech before the advanced future tech, or just make them start as minituirized, probably the former).
Anyway, thanks again, both for your answers and your patch!
Kothyxaan: The OCL is handy though, then you can make changes and copy paste to a .ini file (as far as i can figure out).
{...}
Anyway, thanks again, both for your answers and your patch!
OCL is handy yes, for the 1.40 version. It is redundant for 1.50 as it has been replaced with a more advanced system.
Rocco.40: Justed released the latest & greatest 1.50.4 !!!

@hohiro: this new patch also fixed the build queue issue you reported.
I'm really enjoying the patch. The customization is great, but just the build queuing is literally something I've been wishing for since I got this game - long games that would have gotten into 12 hour slogs can be wrapped up in a third of a the time just because of how quick it makes late-game colony management.

I've noticed a minor bug with the queuing, though - when I use the main "merge" queue later in the game, some of the colonies that are currently producing "trade goods" will merge the new buildings in at the head of their queue and start building them immediately, but others will merge the buildings in AFTER "trade goods," and need me to check everything that's on "trade goods" to manually correct the ones that should be building. I'm not sure what the difference between these colonies is.

Any word if the ability to complete multiple small ships a turn looks like it might be coming along?
Kunan: I've noticed a minor bug with the queuing, though - when I use the main "merge" queue later in the game, some of the colonies that are currently producing "trade goods" will merge the new buildings in at the head of their queue and start building them immediately, but others will merge the buildings in AFTER "trade goods," and need me to check everything that's on "trade goods" to manually correct the ones that should be building. I'm not sure what the difference between these colonies is.

Any word if the ability to complete multiple small ships a turn looks like it might be coming along?
You dont have to do anything manually if you mark "Auto delete Trade Goods/Housing" in Settings
Kunan: some of the colonies that are currently producing "trade goods" will merge the new buildings in at the head of their queue and start building them immediately, but others will merge the buildings in AFTER "trade goods,"
I think it's a manifestation of how merge works, but may be also a bug. Consider two examples of applying a merge mode list (btw this particular aspect of merge mode is not described in the manual):

1. "normal" case, act as prepend:

build list file:
merge
automated_factory
research_lab

colony queue:
trade_goods

resulting queue:
automated_factory
research_lab
trade_goods

2. "buggy" case, true merge:

build list file is the same

colony queue 2:
trade_goods
research_lab

resulting queue 2:
trade_goods
automated_factory
research_lab

The difference between cases is that in case 2 colony build queue initially contained an item from the build list being loaded (research_lab). Because of this merge algorithm changes. The reason behind this logic is that in case 1 you have "a colony with no tasks" (already building trade goods, fully-developed, so new buildings must be prepended) and in case 2 you have "a colony where research lab is planned but has been postponed" (colony was in the process of development when for some reason the player switched it to trade goods, perhaps in urgent need of money, so new buildings must be inserted after the "urgent" part of queue). Please let me know if you've encountered a case of behavior 2, i.e. do you tend to leave buildable items after trade goods? Because if you don't then it's a bug.
Post edited October 04, 2016 by alex.123
alex.123: Please let me know if you've encountered a case of behavior 2, i.e. do you tend to leave buildable items after trade goods? Because if you don't then it's a bug.
Interesting! I'll keep an eye out for that, to confirm. That's probably related, but I don't know how the items would have gotten behind "trade goods" in the first place, because in the games I noticed this happening in, basically all the colonies that had this happen had only had items added to them for some time by build-list merging.

For example, I conquer 5 planets in an alien home system, one after another. For each of them, when the "planet conquered" pop-up occurs, I just merge in the list (to the then empty list) and move on. Every few turns, as things are built and new things are researched, I merge across all colonies again. The only time I ever return to any of those planets individually, is if they finish building everything on their queue and I am brought to them automatically on turn start. (I believe trade goods is automatically applied at this point, if you don't pick anything else to be built. It's possible that how I deal with the planet during these moments is what causes the problem, that selecting trade goods here is treated differently than hitting cancel and letting the game do it.)

Several turns later, I queue up something fresh from the labs to be built in all colonies, and notice that some of the conquered planets still have trade goods at the top of their queue - when I go an examine them, they have a number of things that were merged in after trade goods.

At no point did I select trade goods to be built at any place that had anything else to be building - every time trade goods was selected, it was due to the colony being out of things to build.

Also, another bug with build queuing - I have a hotkey set to just "buy if half built." I use it on the screen with all colonies listed, and it works even for colonies that are currently blockaded by enemies! Handy, but clearly cheating.
Kunan: Interesting! I'll keep an eye out for that, to confirm.
At no point did I select trade goods to be built at any place that had anything else to be building - every time trade goods was selected, it was due to the colony being out of things to build.
Sounds like there is a bug after all, will keep an eye on it too. If you notice such irregularities again do consider uploading the save.

Kunan: Also, another bug with build queuing - I have a hotkey set to just "buy if half built." I use it on the screen with all colonies listed, and it works even for colonies that are currently blockaded by enemies! Handy, but clearly cheating.
Good catch, will fix it.
Post edited October 05, 2016 by alex.123
Kunan: Also, another bug with build queuing - I have a hotkey set to just "buy if half built." I use it on the screen with all colonies listed, and it works even for colonies that are currently blockaded by enemies! Handy, but clearly cheating.
alex.123: Good catch, will fix it.
Glad to help.

Oh, yeah, any word on the possibility of building multiple items a turn?
Multiple items built in a single turn would change the game quite a bit so must be considered a mod imho and should thus not be a compulsory part of a patch but would sure be a nice mod to test.

EDIT: To clarify, I do approve of it being added to the game but with a switch so one can play without it too.
Post edited October 10, 2016 by Themken
Themken: Multiple items built in a single turn would change the game quite a bit so must be considered a mod imho and should thus not be a compulsory part of a patch but would sure be a nice mod to test.
Well, yeah. It's just they mentioned that they might add it upthread, when I asked if they'd make it possible to build multiple small ships in one turn to keep them meaningful against the standard BB swarm. It's clearly the kind of thing that one has to enable in the configs, like changing the way interceptor attacks work or changing the class of ship that telepaths can mind control with, rather than standard behavior.
Kunan: Oh, yeah, any word on the possibility of building multiple items a turn?
Not in the next release. Note that the game allows 500 ships max, so letting to spam frigates will allow to exhaust ship space easily. At least that's my reason to think it might be a bad idea. So it keeps being postponed since it is not very easy to implement and the benefit is not obvious.

Edit: ofc it will be optional if we ever implement it
Post edited October 10, 2016 by alex.123
Alex,

After playing probably entirely too much of the game again, with the patch, I have a couple of quality-of-life improvements I would like to suggest, if they are feasible for you to implement:

1) leaders made to travel based on drive level, rather than the flat 5 turns - I often find myself trying to juggle ships around to manually move my fleet leaders to new ship because it's faster - and that's not even possible with colony leaders.

2) ability to do something with captured leaders - I like capturing enemy ships. I often end up capturing them with an enemy fleet leader intact! The game then gets weird with them - they stay attached to their ship, and I can order the ship around, but the leader isn't working for me. I'm not even sure if they contribute their bonuses to fights - it's possible they're even contributing them to the their original side, if I fight them again, since the game seems to think of them as still part of their original side. It would be great if it were possible to actually hire them if they are captured, or at least return them to their original side or the leader pool after getting a "ransom" based on their current calculated hire cost. (This doesn't seem to come up with colony leaders - you never have them under your control after taking their colony.)

3) is there any chance that terraforming can be queue-able, like colony bases? I.E. that a planet that can be terraformed 3 times can have all three stage queued up without needing to check in after each stage?