It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, enjoying modding with v1.50! However, I think omniscient is bugged. If you choose it as a pick, you get a BSOD (black screen of death). Please fix.

Quick question: is there a better way to edit the HELP.LBX file than with HxD Hexeditor or is that the best there is? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. about Omniscient. I modified the small and medium maps to fit a few more stars each and that seems to impact Omniscient. Yes: any change from standard map dimensions (even star spacing) prevents Omniscient pick from working!
Post edited December 02, 2018 by 2sin4you
deleted...wrong thread
Post edited December 04, 2018 by sarge33rd
Sdfghj: Ahoi,

I am using 1.50.12 with ICE-M 20 and the AI behavior seems worse than usual. The AI attacked with some 20+ battle ships and 2 titans. It rushed forwards with all the battle ships, but 2 of them and the titans stayed behind.Nevertheless, that should have been enough to kill me had the AI used raid to engage the space station and used bombs consequently to destroy planet side defense. Worst thing was the 4 ships just staying behind doing nothing.

Furthermore, the built of the titans seems too defensive to me.

Thank you again for this great patch and mod!
Tx for feedback. The AI ship type that carries plasma webs and pulsars is indeed more defensively designed with more pd beams, so it can approach ships and throw its webs, while being able to shoot down incoming flyers. It seems the AI is lacking certain techs in your particular game, the ship design you shared is expected to have augmented engines for example. Also, this ship type is less likely to move in against a planet, since its main weaponry doesn't work against it.

About raid, sometimes the AI does it and sometimes not, I don't know how AI decision making about raid works. Pehaps they need a large enough delta between marine strength that perhaps wasn't there in your game.
2sin4you: Quick question: is there a better way to edit the HELP.LBX file than with HxD Hexeditor or is that the best there is? Thanks!
I use MoO2 Workshop for editing help files of 150i and ICE (downloadable from moo2mod.com). The 1.50 pack has third help file for the classic mode, and the differences between it and the 150i help are so small that i edit that one with hex editor, adapting it from 150i version which i use as a base.
Post edited December 04, 2018 by Rocco.40
Hi. I'm running MOO2 with 1.50.11 version of the unofficial patch. I'm 450 turns into an 8 player impossible large galaxy map. For some reason when I hit next turn the game crashes to desktop. Reloading the autosave brings me back to just before I hit the next turn button and doing so, again, crashes to desktop. I tried a bunch more times to no avail.

Is there some log file I can see why this is happening? I don't want to abandon the game and it seems like something that I should be able to resolve. Are there any known crash conditions with this version? Can I upgrade the version without risking the save? Thanks.
hey guys!

Trying to play a 2 player network game and having problems

Both have steam
Both have patch

Im on mac
He is PC

HIS LAUNCHER is different... the PC one

The MAC Launcher doesnt have the option outlined below from steam.

Any thoughts?

Brian

Things get simpler if you have version 1.50.8 of the unofficial fan patch. You don't need to edit any files then.

For all players, run the Launcher GUI and select:

network -> client
connect to -> moo2.thedopefish.com

then click launch.

One of the players has to create server. In main menu click MULTI PLAYER, select NETWORK GAME, click START NEW GAME (or LOAD GAME if you are resuming an old game), choose game settings and server name (default MOX-0 might be already taken) and click accept. Tell server name to the client(s) and wait until they join.

On client(s) in main menu click MULTI PLAYER, select NETWORK GAME, click JOIN NEW GAME and select your server from the list.

When all clients have joined click START NET GAME on server.

hmmm tried posting and didt work so this is a test post

tried posting again and didt seem to work testing again

oh wait this is timestamped backwards? weird... I would have expected this to work with newest posts at the top
Post edited December 08, 2018 by Brian_Molloy
parmanello: Hi. I'm running MOO2 with 1.50.11 version of the unofficial patch. I'm 450 turns into an 8 player impossible large galaxy map. For some reason when I hit next turn the game crashes to desktop. Reloading the autosave brings me back to just before I hit the next turn button and doing so, again, crashes to desktop. I tried a bunch more times to no avail.

Is there some log file I can see why this is happening? I don't want to abandon the game and it seems like something that I should be able to resolve. Are there any known crash conditions with this version? Can I upgrade the version without risking the save? Thanks.
Make a copy of your save file, upload it to the filesharing site of your choice (I prefer Wikisend or Firefox Send), and post the link to the file here. The development team will analyze it to try and figure out what's causing the crash.
parmanello: [...]
srhill: Make a copy of your save file, upload it to the filesharing site of your choice (I prefer Wikisend or Firefox Send), and post the link to the file here. The development team will analyze it to try and figure out what's causing the crash.
Hi. fyi- parmanello also reported this on Discord, and shared save there.
Brian_Molloy: [...] The MAC Launcher doesnt have the option outlined below from steam. [...]
Do you mean that the Launcher on the Mac doesn't show these:
network -> client
connect to -> moo2.thedopefish.com
Post edited December 10, 2018 by Rocco.40
Hi, I found a bug in 1.50.13. At least for me, whenever I first go to the Colonies menu and then Fleets menu, the game crashes. The galaxy/players do not seem to matter, since it happens right after creating a new single player game too.

To reproduce it, just create a new game, click on "Colonies", then return to the main view and click on "Fleets".

The error it produces is:
MOO2 internal error:
ships.lbx [entry 1249] exceeds number of LBX entries

UPDATE: I found out that it only happens if you have no ships. That's why it's easiest to reproduce right after creating a new (pre-warp) game.
Post edited December 15, 2018 by derbian
derbian: Hi, I found a bug in 1.50.13. At least for me, whenever I first go to the Colonies menu and then Fleets menu, the game crashes. The galaxy/players do not seem to matter, since it happens right after creating a new single player game too.

To reproduce it, just create a new game, click on "Colonies", then return to the main view and click on "Fleets".

MOO2 internal error:

UPDATE: I found out that it only happens if you have no ships. That's why it's easiest to reproduce right after creating a new (pre-warp) game.
This does not happen with my installation.
- Do you have any modded files or is it a clean 1.50.13 install?
- Crash does not happen if you go directly to Fleets screen, ie you have to go to Colonies screen first?
derbian: Hi, I found a bug in 1.50.13. At least for me, whenever I first go to the Colonies menu and then Fleets menu, the game crashes. The galaxy/players do not seem to matter, since it happens right after creating a new single player game too.

MOO2 internal error:

Rocco.40: This does not happen with my installation.
- Crash does not happen if you go directly to Fleets screen, ie you have to go to Colonies screen first?
Hmm, interesting. I might have to try re-installing then. I didn't mod anything myself but I did have a lot of previous patches such as the 1.31, 1.40, older version of 1.50 before installing this one. The older 1.50.2 did not encounter this crash yet.

Yes you are correct, I just re-tested it. Only returning from the Colonies menu does it, not from any of the other menus.
Rocco.40: This does not happen with my installation.
derbian: Hmm, interesting. I might have to try re-installing then. I didn't mod anything myself but I did have a lot of previous patches such as the 1.31, 1.40, older version of 1.50 before installing this one. The older 1.50.2 did not encounter this crash yet.

Yes you are correct, I just re-tested it. Only returning from the Colonies menu does it, not from any of the other menus.
mm, not really sure what kind of questions to ask.
Are you playing English language version, or another?
Any other peculiarities? For example do you see a crash code in the DOSBox screen when the crash happens that you could make a quick printscreen of?
derbian: Hmm, interesting. I might have to try re-installing then. I didn't mod anything myself but I did have a lot of previous patches such as the 1.31, 1.40, older version of 1.50 before installing this one. The older 1.50.2 did not encounter this crash yet.

Rocco.40: mm, not really sure what kind of questions to ask.
Are you playing English language version, or another?
Any other peculiarities? For example do you see a crash code in the DOSBox screen when the crash happens that you could make a quick printscreen of?
I'm playing the English version. The only error information shown is the one I posted above, after which it just goes back to DOS, as if I exited the game. Nothing on the DOSBox "status window" if you were referring to that. Anyway I can confirm that after doing a fresh 1.31 install and installing the newest 1.50 on top of it, the error no longer occurs. I'm guessing there might have been some kind of version conflict or such.

PS: I checked the modified dates of my ships.lbx files. In the original directory (where the error occurred) it was last modified in 2014. In the fresh 1.50.13 install, it is 2018. So it looks like the file may have not been properly updated to the newest version in the original directory.
Post edited December 15, 2018 by derbian
derbian: [...] Anyway I can confirm that after doing a fresh 1.31 install and installing the newest 1.50 on top of it, the error no longer occurs. I'm guessing there might have been some kind of version conflict or such. [...]
ok, great the problem is gone now!
Post edited December 15, 2018 by Rocco.40
Odd graphics glitch.

When the Antaran fleet attacks on the next turn, all of the player's "Panther VII" ships in the defending fleet will adopt the hull design of the captured Silicoid "Fury VII" ships in the same fleet.

SAVE1.GAM
srhill: Odd graphics glitch.

When the Antaran fleet attacks on the next turn, all of the player's "Panther VII" ships in the defending fleet will adopt the hull design of the captured Silicoid "Fury VII" ships in the same fleet.

SAVE1.GAM
Nice catch!