It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kunan: Absolutely spectacular. I was more excited when I heard about this than I've been for most recent game releases!

I have a couple of wishes, if you guys have any interest.

Is there any chance that a config option could be added that allows colonies to build more than one ship in a turn? It's always bothered me how extremely quickly frigates and cruisers become irrelevant - being able to put together many small ships a turn would go a long way towards keeping them meaningful when your manufacturing worlds can put out a battleship every turn. (Obviously the obscene upkeep costs for huge fleets of small ships already serve as a counter weight.)

A much bigger request I have would be to make it possible for ships to be stacked, somewhat like in MOO1. A stack of 10 frigates, for example, would be treated as a single ship with 10x the HP and firepower, and would lose one ship's worth of weaponry every time it took one ship's worth of damage. This would probably demand a bunch of special logic to handle things like drive explosions taking out a ship, so I understand if you don't think it's worth the time.

Thanks again for the work you've already done!
Thanks for your feedback. Stacked ships is not something we would consider but buidling more than 1 item per turn is a nice idea that we might look into.

In the mean time 1.50.3 just launched!

You can read about all new features and bug fixes in this readme:
README_150.TXT

Full manual:
MANUAL_150.PDF
Post edited June 28, 2016 by Rocco.40
I can't access www.moo2mod.com now.
what happened?
shinogu1: I can't access www.moo2mod.com now.
what happened?
Hi. It should work now.
moo2mod.com
Hello

I have noticed a bug that I've never encountered prior to installing the new 1.50 patch.

After battle the game can crash after capturing at least two ships. This has happened to me in two separate instances so far, both times I had captured two ships. Reloading and trying again did produce the same result.

After clicking -Done- on the combat screen, the screen freezes but you can still move the mouse, and it changes it's icon between a pointy finger and stop-sign, depending on where you move it. No interaction is possible though.

------------------------------

Another strange thing I've noticed, but can't say for sure, is the Plasma Web weapon, I never use it myself and almost never does the AI, but it seemed very overpowered when the AI used it against me in a recent game.
I know your notes says it's damage is supposed to be reduced.

Lastly I'm sorry that I don't have a savegame to present you, I'll try to bring you one with the capture bug. If it's needed.
stefaen: Hello

I have noticed a bug that I've never encountered prior to installing the new 1.50 patch.

After battle the game can crash after capturing at least two ships. This has happened to me in two separate instances so far, both times I had captured two ships. Reloading and trying again did produce the same result.

After clicking -Done- on the combat screen, the screen freezes but you can still move the mouse, and it changes it's icon between a pointy finger and stop-sign, depending on where you move it. No interaction is possible though.

Another strange thing I've noticed, but can't say for sure, is the Plasma Web weapon, I never use it myself and almost never does the AI, but it seemed very overpowered when the AI used it against me in a recent game.
I know your notes says it's damage is supposed to be reduced.

Lastly I'm sorry that I don't have a savegame to present you, I'll try to bring you one with the capture bug. If it's needed.
Hi. tx for the report. does this screen freeze happen while playing in our latest hotfix 1.50.3.1? or are you playing an earlier version?

about the plasma webs, yes they are quite strong weapons and in our view there is a problem with the webs dissipation of damage (the damage it does the next rounds after having been fired) but we haven't fixed it as a bug, we only made an option available to change it. Thus in our default patch, you are playing with the original Plasma Web.
In our next release we will make a play option available that fixes a couple of things that are not pure bugs, but are problematic (like plasma web) or balance issues. It will not be turned on by default though...
Rocco.40: Hi. tx for the report. does this screen freeze happen while playing in our latest hotfix 1.50.3.1? or are you playing an earlier version?

about the plasma webs, yes they are quite strong weapons and in our view there is a problem with the webs dissipation of damage (the damage it does the next rounds after having been fired) but we haven't fixed it as a bug, we only made an option available to change it. Thus in our default patch, you are playing with the original Plasma Web.
In our next release we will make a play option available that fixes a couple of things that are not pure bugs, but are problematic (like plasma web) or balance issues. It will not be turned on by default though...
Thx for the reply.

Yes I'm using the latest patch.

I have a savegame now, I'll see about attaching it or uploading it somewhere in a moment. This time it happened with only one ship.

In the save, you're attacked on the next turn. Proceed to use my first ship to destroy the enemy battleship, then do not harm the titan, just move completely forward with my other ship (ignoring the fighters and moving past them). The titan will move right up to you and then just capture it.

As you know, there is a possibility that the game will not freeze if you take a different course of action. Hence the instructions. This is what I did myself.

Nice to know about the new play options. Thx for good work :)

Edit: Ok, here it is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtorApQRXnSZhTgyyKBzPFwB71OV
Post edited July 28, 2016 by stefaen
Rocco.40: Hi. tx for the report. does this screen freeze happen while playing in our latest hotfix 1.50.3.1? or are you playing an earlier version?

stefaen: Thx for the reply.

Yes I'm using the latest patch.

I have a savegame now, I'll see about attaching it or uploading it somewhere in a moment. This time it happened with only one ship.

In the save, you're attacked on the next turn. Proceed to use my first ship to destroy the enemy battleship, then do not harm the titan, just move completely forward with my other ship (ignoring the fighters and moving past them). The titan will move right up to you and then just capture it.

As you know, there is a possibility that the game will not freeze if you take a different course of action. Hence the instructions. This is what I did myself.

Nice to know about the new play options. Thx for good work :)

Edit: Ok, here it is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtorApQRXnSZhTgyyKBzPFwB71OV
tx for the save.
savegames help tremendously with finding a cause for such glitches.
uploaded fix with version 1.50.3.2
Rocco.40: tx for the save.
savegames help tremendously with finding a cause for such glitches.
uploaded fix with version 1.50.3.2
Nice update, problem seems to be resolved.

Kunan requested a feature above, to build multiple smaller ships at once.
I'd also like to request a feature, one that I've been missing in the game for a long time. To refit or design the Star Base, that would be super.

Thank again for polishing this old little gem of a game :)
stefaen: Kunan requested a feature above, to build multiple smaller ships at once.
I'd also like to request a feature, one that I've been missing in the game for a long time. To refit or design the Star Base, that would be super.

Thank again for polishing this old little gem of a game :)
Both are things that we consider to do something about.. no promises though :)
Small Bug Report, everything minor and I do love the great patch:

When trying to refit a ship with no free slot, there comes the warning that there is no room, but when you click on it, the game hangs.

In combat sometimes the damage is displayed much too high. You can see in earlier games when antarans attack and you just have Star Base and planetary defenses my defenses showed like doing over 1000 damage to a small ship.

Link to savegame with first problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88142565/SAVE1.GAM
Post edited August 09, 2016 by hohiro
hohiro: Small Bug Report, everything minor and I do love the great patch:

When trying to refit a ship with no free slot, there comes the warning that there is no room, but when you click on it, the game hangs.

In combat sometimes the damage is displayed much too high. You can see in earlier games when antarans attack and you just have Star Base and planetary defenses my defenses showed like doing over 1000 damage to a small ship.

Link to savegame with first problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88142565/SAVE1.GAM
Thanks for the report.
- Was able to reproduce the refit ship with no free build queue slot problem.
- I haven't seen the second problem of too high damage yet. If you happen to be able to share a save there also, would be much appreciated.
Rocco.40: Thanks for the report.
- Was able to reproduce the refit ship with no free build queue slot problem.
- I haven't seen the second problem of too high damage yet. If you happen to be able to share a save there also, would be much appreciated.
Didnt save before the fight and tried to reproduce it today with a small game, but wasnt reproduceable. Guess it i a special weapon combo I had by then. Will take a look in other games I play and if I find again will post :)
I'm liking this patch. It 's helped performance too. Never thought I would see a "2016: 20 years MOO2" patch. What a game, one of the all time greats. Thanks for sharing Rocco.40. :-)
JohnnyDollar: I'm liking this patch. It 's helped performance too. Never thought I would see a "2016: 20 years MOO2" patch. What a game, one of the all time greats. Thanks for sharing Rocco.40. :-)
Justed released the latest & greatest 1.50.4 !!!

@hohiro: this new patch also fixed the build queue issue you reported.

check out the amazing artwork by SirTiefling for the cover of our manual:
MANUAL_150.PDF

Changelog
=========

Game changes:
- Monster bug fixed, no combat rollbacks when fighting identical monsters.
- Advanced damage control is removed from tree for cyber races.
- Initiative rule now takes BA differences below +10 into account.
- Ships tied by initiative are now sorted by crew experience.
- "Mark Block Stack Size Exceeded" crash in races screen fixed.
- Ship captured by shuttles when rotating will not cause desync in network games.
- Super-fast combat mode (Z) now takes ship explosions into account.
- PD and Spatial range is now calculated correctly midflight.
- Fixed discrepancy between targeting and damaging ranges for spherical weapons.
- Stasis disables wide area jammer, warp dissipator, scout lab.
- Ship under stasis now ceases to be affected by tractors and BHGs.
- Ship under stasis now ceases to affect others by tractors, BHGs or stasis.
- Fixed a number of bugs in defensive fire.
- All retreats now happen after all ships have recharged weapons.
- Repaired warp dissipator will now prevent retreats ordered on previous turn.
- Missile alerts will now be triggered by inplace rotations.
- Correct turn cost when missile alert is on and ship is hit while turning.
- Ship with inertial nullifier does not pull missiles when rotating.
- Fighters chasing missiles with depleted moves now will move at the end of turn.
- Ordnance bonus now works for fighters.
- Non-TWF ships now update at the end of TWF turn.
- Non-TWF ships do not perform defensive fire in TWF turn.
- Fixed bug which allowed to capture satellite sometimes.
- Ship capture removes wait and done states.
- Energy Absorber's stored damage won't overflow now.
- Different cloaks now work correctly if put on a ship together.
- Marines above ship capacity will now be spaced after ship capture.
- Colonies with and without Barracks now have the same marines/armor limits.
- The last (max) marine and armor units of a Subterranean colony will no longer die.
- Corrected race pick costs sync when loading net game (1.50.2 bug).
- Fixed broken cloaking device still being able to cloak (1.50.3 bug).
- Fixed phasing cloak recloaking even with zero counter (1.50.3 bug).

Interface changes:
- Advanced build list with the ability to apply on all colonies.
- Undo buy action by clicking buy button again.
- Fixed most build queue bugs including repeat build cheat.
- Colony Base button disappearance trigger corrected.
- Disabled weapon slots will be colored red even if spent (used to be yellow).
- In super fast combat mode (Z) boarding messages are skipped now.
- Mapgen -tfixedhw will now generate lowg Arid planets for low-G races.
- Restored classic behavior for stellar, it now fires the whole slot at once.
- Added confirm_battle_message_timeout for "X attacks Y at Z" popups.
- Fixes and improvements in New Game screen help.
- Fixed broken command summary display in main screen (1.50.3 bug).
- Fixed excessive orbital bombardment death tolls (1.50.3 bug).
- Fixed stall when refitting a ship with queue full (1.50.2 bug).

Config parameters:
- Added ai_surrender_delay, specify the turn after which AI can surrender.
- Added stars_in_galaxy table which sets amount of stars per galaxy size.
- Added vdc_mode which enables VDC compatibility patches. #
- Added planet_damper, enables damper field for planetary defenses. #
- Added disable_vsync to speed up screen updates.
- Added tech_mini, per-tech miniaturization group table.
- Added several growth related parameters (growth formula, housing, cloners).
- Added separate android costs to misc_costs table.
- Added trade_goods_ratio to control trade goods effectiveness.
- Added systems_repair_percent to control repair rate for internal systems.
- Added defensive_fire, allows to disable defensive fire altogether.
- Added spatial_per_size_class_damage, makes spatial damage larger ships more.
- Added initial_buildings, used for colony initialization.
- Added broken_engine_explodes to disable explosions for testing.
- Added configs aiships, balance and map_150, expanding gameplay options.
- Setting damper_kill_ratio to 0 now prevents the use of transporters against damper.
- Setting initial phasing cloak counter to 0 now means no phasing cloak state at all.
- Renamed several config parameters and labels.
- Note that your own custom configs might need adjustments!
Post edited September 22, 2016 by Rocco.40
Great news, downloading now. Great work from you guys enhancing this masterpiece of strategy.

Small idea for a next version I always wanted to mention but always forgot: Could you brighten the wormhole lines or make them wider or add an option to do so. Partly hard to see them with my old eyes.