It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DJViking: It says one needs the v1.4 path to use v1.5. Does MOO2 from GOG come with the patches prior to this new version?
In the file gameinfo it says Master of Orion 2 2.0.0.5
you need to have English DOS version 1.31 or 1.40 installed.
2.0.0.5 is probably a gog config version number.
you can find the version number of the MOO2 exe in the lower right hand corner of the game's Opening Screen
as I understand, the version sold on gog is 1.40.b23
Post edited April 08, 2016 by Rocco.40
Rocco.40: you can find the version number of the MOO2 exe in the lower right hand corner of the game's Opening Screen
as I understand, the version sold on gog is 1.40.b23
That it does.
I understand this patch is beta, but has anyone else noticed a dramatic slowdown in late game? The computer's turn phase i mean.
It might be something I've done with the dosbox settings, or it's just too long since I played MoO2 that I've forgotten how it used to be.

Edit: Figured it out. It was the cycles setting in dosbox, I had used a limit of 50000.
Setting to auto fixed it. Sorry for the confusion.
Post edited May 14, 2016 by stefaen
just updated to version 1.50.2.1
Great to hear, will install and play the next days. Thing I like most on your 1.5 patch series is the massive reduction of micromanagement clicks :)
Playing with 1.50.1 i noticed that at least navigator skill of ship leaders did not rise with lvl as familar,
e.g. last playthroughs leader/navigator skill: Karg/2 Slith/1 Tulock/1, all three rear admirals.

Pardon me if i missed that this is intended and has been mentioned in documentation etc,
or has already been reported elsewhere.

Unfortunately i did overwrite the specific save in that playthrough,
but i was able to reproduce it 3 times in a row with leaders in a save of a german 1.30 install,
where Slith will always get a lvl up in the next turn,
reliably rising his navigator skill by +1 in german 1.30 & english 1.31&140b24 installs but not in 1.501.

In case the save as 7zipjpg

Anyways, thank you very much for the effort and for sharing!
Attachments:
save7zip.jpg (18 Kb)
townltu: Playing with 1.50.1 i noticed that at least navigator skill of ship leaders did not rise with lvl as familar,
Page 29 of 1.50.2 manual for this certain bug description. Search in .01 manual for navigator, dont have a certain page number of it there right now.
This bug in classic leads to incorrect navigator bonus displayed on some levels. Actual bonus is the same in 1.31 and 1.50 and displayed value in 1.50 is correct.
townltu: Playing with 1.50.1 i noticed that at least navigator skill of ship leaders did not rise with lvl as familar,
e.g. last playthroughs leader/navigator skill: Karg/2 Slith/1 Tulock/1, all three rear admirals.

Pardon me if i missed that this is intended and has been mentioned in documentation etc,
or has already been reported elsewhere.

Unfortunately i did overwrite the specific save in that playthrough,
but i was able to reproduce it 3 times in a row with leaders in a save of a german 1.30 install,
where Slith will always get a lvl up in the next turn,
reliably rising his navigator skill by +1 in german 1.30 & english 1.31&140b24 installs but not in 1.501.

In case the save as 7zipjpg

Anyways, thank you very much for the effort and for sharing!
how did you attach a zip as a jpeg
smrtgi19: how did you attach a zip as a jpeg
Change the extansion of the file to .jpg and you will be able to upload it to forum.
Rocco.40: The 2016: 20 years MOO2 (unofficial) 1.50.2.1 patch for Master of Orion II is here!

- for the English DOS version. -

This patch contains numerous bugfixes and improvements.
It introduces a config file which allows you to customize the game in many ways.
You can customize map generation, choose mods and change game rules, including parameters of buildings, weapons, technologies, and more.
There is no need to write your own config to start playing, this patch comes with ORION2.CFG which already enables our preferred settings by default.

Highlights:
Fixes most known crashes, stalls and network synchronization errors.
Fixes dozens of lesser bugs.

Config for easy game tweaking and enhanced modding.
Supports multiple 1.50-based mods in one directory.
In network games the host automatically broadcasts settings to clients, so differences in configs do not cause errors.

Reduce micromanagement by uploading your custom build list in the Build Queue!
In the file BUILD.CFG you can create a custom build order.
Buildable buildings from that list will be uploaded in the Build Queue by pressing 'Q'.

6th Ship Design slot!

Multiple interface improvements like usable map edge scroll in combat,
additional interface shortcuts, custom behavior for clear button in design, improved tech review, etc.

Three mapmods Goodmap3+, Orange+, ICE, and mapgen switches are built into the executable.
No need to run an external map editor or use several executables to set custom map parameters.

Comes 'Vmod' a ready-to-play mod included in the download.

You can read about all new features and bug fixes in this readme:
http://moo2mod.com/patch/README_150.TXT

The 1.50.2.1 patch can be downloaded from here:
http://www.moo2mod.com/MOO2V150.php

Note, this is a beta version and some feature might not work correctly yet in all circumstances.
Feel free to test it out and leave comments/feedback below.
steve barcia would be proud, though is there a patch for MoO 1... at least point me in the right direction for MoO 3
thx 1.5 patch.
I use -­ttoxic option.
but toxic planets appear.

dosboxMOO2_single.conf
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

@ECHO OFF
mount C ".."
c:
cls
orion2.exe /droids /picks=14 /skipintro /noorion -ttoxic -ttiny -tupoor
exit
---------------------------------------------------------------------
shinogu1: thx 1.5 patch.
I use -­ttoxic option.
but toxic planets appear.
orion2.exe /droids /picks=14 /skipintro /noorion -ttoxic -ttiny -tupoor
that is correct and tinies and ultrapoors also appear on maps in this way.

the - switches can be used only in your Config file, not on the command line.
the / switches can be used either on the command line or in Config.

Config is new in the 1.50 patch. Detailed explanation can be found in the manual.
(i will adjust wording in the manual to make distinction between - and / more clear)

For a quick fix, open ORION2.CFG and write:
mapgen -ttoxic = 1;
mapgen -ttiny = 1;
mapgen -tupoor = 1;

(although i would recommend you create a separate 'MYMAP.CFG' and load that from ORION2,CFG)
Post edited June 18, 2016 by Rocco.40
thank you
I can disappear toxic planets.
Absolutely spectacular. I was more excited when I heard about this than I've been for most recent game releases!

I have a couple of wishes, if you guys have any interest.

Is there any chance that a config option could be added that allows colonies to build more than one ship in a turn? It's always bothered me how extremely quickly frigates and cruisers become irrelevant - being able to put together many small ships a turn would go a long way towards keeping them meaningful when your manufacturing worlds can put out a battleship every turn. (Obviously the obscene upkeep costs for huge fleets of small ships already serve as a counter weight.)

A much bigger request I have would be to make it possible for ships to be stacked, somewhat like in MOO1. A stack of 10 frigates, for example, would be treated as a single ship with 10x the HP and firepower, and would lose one ship's worth of weaponry every time it took one ship's worth of damage. This would probably demand a bunch of special logic to handle things like drive explosions taking out a ship, so I understand if you don't think it's worth the time.

Thanks again for the work you've already done!