It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

srhill: Possible tech bug (or just really bad luck). The player has a fleet of ten captured enemy ships, most of which have Class V shields (which the player does not possess). However, scrapping any or all of the ships in question refuses to grant the tech.
A bug, was fixed together with transport scrap bug.
Under 1.5 behavior, if you steal or otherwise obtain a tech that you're currently researching, the game will switch to another tech in that field so that your research points don't go to waste. However, if the tech in question is the only tech in that field (i.e., Terraforming), the game will neither switch to another tech nor prompt you to select a different field, meaning you can "discover" a tech that you already possess.
srhill: Under 1.5 behavior, if you steal or otherwise obtain a tech that you're currently researching, the game will switch to another tech in that field so that your research points don't go to waste. However, if the tech in question is the only tech in that field (i.e., Terraforming), the game will neither switch to another tech nor prompt you to select a different field, meaning you can "discover" a tech that you already possess.
Cannot reproduce it, can you provide a save next time you will encounter that?
DarzaR: Cannot reproduce it, can you provide a save next time you will encounter that?
Here's the save from when it came to my attention. I was in the process of researching Terraforming when I managed to steal it from the Sakkra (I don't remember how far back that happened, but certainly within the last few turns). You can check the Tech Review and confirm that Terraforming is present. However, there's no estimated time to completion on the research display (it just reads "20%"), and if you click on it, Terraforming won't show up as selectable (as if the tech had already been researched). You can click another tech (Planetary Stock Exchange, for example) and the accumulated research will transfer over, but if you do nothing, there'll be a "breakthrough" on Terraforming on the next turn.

SAVE9.GAM
srhill: if you steal or otherwise obtain a tech that you're currently researching
Fixed the bug with steal, great thanks for a save as usual. Shouldnt happen with "otherwise" though, unless you're an Uncreative. If it will happen by non-spying means still, write please.
Got a GNN report about an AI empire needing negative research points to cure a plague.
srhill: Got a GNN report about an AI empire needing negative research points to cure a plague.
Should not happen unless AI has very high research on that colony, which is unlikely. Can be checked by pressing ALT-X and examining colony in question. Can you provide a save?
Just a couple of questions:

Is it possible to get the stockpiled production counts for each colony to be listed on the colony list screen, under the text for current production item?

Is there any way to control the order the colonies are scrolled through when using the < > keys on the colony screen? I assume that currently it's going through them using the order the colonies are in on the internal array, but it sure would be handy to have it follow the sort order used on the colony list screen.
According to changelog pre 1.50xx saves are compatible with new exe,
but will pre 1.50 .exe also handle 1.50.xx saves correctly?

Reason why i ask: a save editor(.35b, it offers more convenience on editing galaxies)
does not accept the size/format/? of the new saves.
It appears to work if i import a 1.50.42 save with 1.40 exe, edit it with .035b edtor and reimport the created scenario to 1.50.
But that may cause trouble later i did not recognize on short test or requires specific conditions to trigger,
so in case you are aware that this will/may cause issues, pls let me know.

Could you increase or remove the limit of population transports,
and/or increase their and the leaders travel speed with research of star gate?
Jump gate also would be even greater and make that tech more desireable for players.
Post edited November 19, 2016 by townltu
alex.123: Should not happen unless AI has very high research on that colony, which is unlikely. Can be checked by pressing ALT-X and examining colony in question. Can you provide a save?
Neglected to keep one, though I'll keep an eye out in case it happens again. I do remember that the plague was cured on the next turn, so maybe they were dumping research into it.
Kunan: Is it possible to get the stockpiled production counts for each colony to be listed on the colony list screen, under the text for current production item?
probably, not sure it has enough space though

Kunan: Is there any way to control the order the colonies are scrolled through when using the < > keys on the colony screen? I assume that currently it's going through them using the order the colonies are in on the internal array, but it sure would be handy to have it follow the sort order used on the colony list screen.
yes, that's an ugly thing, we plan to fix it

townltu: According to changelog pre 1.50xx saves are compatible with new exe,
but will pre 1.50 .exe also handle 1.50.xx saves correctly?
From manual, compatibility:
Save files created by any version of 1.50 can be loaded by any other version of 1.50 and by classic 1.31/1.40

So you can open save with old exe, resave and then edit it, should not cause any problems gamewise. It WILL strip extra info, but as of 1.50.5 extra info is just exe/save versions.

Eventually we might add some game info there, so I'd rather prefer the author of save editor to keep unknown parts of save files. I could fix it, but AFAIK there is no source.

townltu: Could you increase or remove the limit of population transports,
and/or increase their and the leaders travel speed with research of star gate?
Jump gate also would be even greater and make that tech more desireable for players.
All changes are planned but have different viability.
1. increasing the freighted pop limit is unlikely to happen soon, requires much code change and further save format extension
2. about leaders the plan was to simulate catching up with the fleet as if leader was following it on an invisible ship. A bit easier.
3. increasing freighted pop speed should be easy.

alex.123: Should not happen unless AI has very high research on that colony, which is unlikely. Can be checked by pressing ALT-X and examining colony in question. Can you provide a save?
srhill: Neglected to keep one, though I'll keep an eye out in case it happens again. I do remember that the plague was cured on the next turn, so maybe they were dumping research into it.
Forgot to mention that ALT-X (switch player) counts as cheat, so be careful if you value your score.
Score.... it used to be totally broken, just like rep in this forum. I am not even suggesting you try fixing it as I feel that was one of the things added in MoO2 that was not adding any value to the game.
Themken: Score....
Anything certain about it?
Themken: Score.... it used to be totally broken, just like rep in this forum. I am not even suggesting you try fixing it as I feel that was one of the things added in MoO2 that was not adding any value to the game.
score calcs are not totally broken, they work just fine, meaning they are not bugged.
DarzaR: Anything certain about it?
Ah sorry no bugs but it is sillly easy to get a high score, just boring.

Rocco.40:
Sorry, I did not mean to pull on the alarm string; it was more of a comment on how it has been ever since the 90s.
Post edited November 20, 2016 by Themken