It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1.50.5 is released.

- The patch is now compatible with non-English versions.
- System popup freeze fixed.
- Build queue blockaded buy fixed.
- "Leader capture" bug fixed.
- Fixed super-fast (Z) mode crash related to ship explosions.
- Fixed crash when capturing ship at Antares.
- Fixed serendipity & breakthrough in one turn causing blank research field.
- Maximum research over 2x tech cost can be retained after a breakthrough (option added).
- Pirates won't seize negative amount of money.
- Other fixes not mentioned in this thread.

See changelog for the complete list.
Post edited November 01, 2016 by alex.123
Kunan: It's just be nice to be able to have multiplayer games just generate without people randomly getting tiny/ultrapoor/low-g while someone else gets a large/ocean/rich in the same place. Given scheduling difficulties, it's nice to have games move as quickly as possible, you know? But on that same principle of "the game moves quickly," it'd be nice to be able to guarantee that your home system will have favorable planets that let you get up and running quickly.
You can try to look at the other options of mapgen too, besides fixedhw=1 for a first part. Then return back to fixedhw=1 option for a second part.
Kunan: Having to edit the file and reload the save takes time, and I do wish I could just have the generator take care of it in a fraction of a second.
Automation is good, but I don't like the idea of adding new options for each such task, as we already have too many. I want to add some form of scripting but no luck compiling lua in yet. Maybe some day.
Kunan: Having to edit the file and reload the save takes time, and I do wish I could just have the generator take care of it in a fraction of a second.
alex.123: Automation is good, but I don't like the idea of adding new options for each such task, as we already have too many. I want to add some form of scripting but no luck compiling lua in yet. Maybe some day.
Wow, is that something you've actually been trying to get in? Yeah, that would be completely amazing from a customization POV. I'm going to fantasize about having player-specific scripts that I could rig up to automatically ferry population around to maximize growth and such.
What determines when you make diplomatic contact with another race? Should it be possible to reach one of another race's established colonies without having contact with them?
srhill: What determines when you make diplomatic contact with another race? Should it be possible to reach one of another race's established colonies without having contact with them?
Either you OR the other race must have the fuel cells to be able to reach a colony of the other race without use of extended fuel tanks.

EDIT: So I should have checked before writing as that was not totally correct.
Post edited November 03, 2016 by Themken
Themken: Either you OR the other race must have the fuel cells to be able to reach a colony of the other race without use of extended fuel tanks.
Not exactly, its about ability to reach some colony essentially with use of extended fuel tanks, or some other ways (wormhole, alliance), and that requirement is needed to be fulfilled for at least one side (so if another player's range isnt enough to reach back - contact still will be set). But that extended range is calculated using 2 diff ways, one with rounding up (for actual fleet movement), and another without it (for determining of contacts), so if fuel value is odd number (Iridium as a common case) - its possible to have a fleet at some colony without establishing contacts for some turns. Will be corrected in next release. Note what mere fact of being able to reach some colony some turn is not enough to make a contact, as contacts are set between turns. So its even possible to eliminate a player without establishing a contact at all in process.
Post edited November 03, 2016 by DarzaR
I should have kept quiet since I obviously did not remember exactly. Please forgiveness.
Themken: Either you OR the other race must have the fuel cells to be able to reach a colony of the other race without use of extended fuel tanks.
DarzaR: Not exactly, its about ability to reach some colony essentially with use of extended fuel tanks, or some other ways (wormhole, alliance), and that requirement is needed to be fulfilled for at least one side (so if another player's range isnt enough to reach back - contact still will be set). But that extended range is calculated using 2 diff ways, one with rounding up (for actual fleet movement), and another without it (for determining of contacts), so if fuel value is odd number (Iridium as a common case) - its possible to have a fleet at some colony without establishing contacts for some turns. Will be corrected in next release. Note what mere fact of being able to reach some colony some turn is not enough to make a contact, as contacts are set between turns. So its even possible to eliminate a player without establishing a contact at all in process.
Okay, that explains a couple of things. Thanks.

Bugs:

When you come into possession of an enemy troop transport (like when an empire surrenders to you) and then try to scrap it, you'll receive the "You received the following techs from scrapping this ship" message, but list of techs will be blank. This is an older bug, and I can remember it happening pre-1.5. (I'm not sure if the transport actually needs to have better tech than you do or not for this to appear; if I come across it again, I'll try to grab a save.)

In this save, a hostile destroyer is en route to Mentar and will be intercepted by a fleet of titans. In super-fast mode, the battle resolves without incident; in Auto mode, the game crashes to desktop. (Might be related to assault shuttles.)

SAVE9.GAM
srhill: When you come into possession of an enemy troop transport...
Should be easy to reproduce, queued.

srhill: In this save, a hostile destroyer is en route to Mentar and will be intercepted by a fleet of titans. In super-fast mode, the battle resolves without incident; in Auto mode, the game crashes to desktop. (Might be related to assault shuttles.)
Fixed, thanks for the save.
When you destroy a "wild" space hydra, the screen briefly fades to black, as if you're about to see a GNN report, but nothing happens, and the game just kicks you back to the galaxy map.
alex.123: Fixed, thanks for the save.
Well, this is a new one.

On the next turn, the Silicoids will offer a star system as incentive for accepting a peace deal. However, the game automatically declines the offer without allowing the player to make a choice.

SAVE9

EDIT: Maybe not. I tested this several times before posting it here, but restarting the game appears to have fixed whatever was wrong. I'll leave the link up in case anyone can reproduce it.
Post edited November 11, 2016 by srhill
srhill: When you come into possession of an enemy troop transport...
Fixed the bug with transport scrap reporting zero techs obtained.

EDIT: also fixed a bug which precluded receiving all techs when someone surrenders to you. From now you receive all techs from the surrendering side, so getting a tech from scrapped transport should be impossible.

srhill: On the next turn, the Silicoids will offer a star system as incentive for accepting a peace deal. However, the game automatically declines the offer without allowing the player to make a choice.
The offer happens, but the bug does not reproduce for me.
Post edited November 11, 2016 by alex.123
srhill: On the next turn, the Silicoids will offer a star system as incentive for accepting a peace deal. However, the game automatically declines the offer without allowing the player to make a choice.

EDIT: Maybe not. I tested this several times before posting it here, but restarting the game appears to have fixed whatever was wrong. I'll leave the link up in case anyone can reproduce it.
Could it be that you accidentaly hit a function key while in that screen (F1, F2, ...)?
The game will exit screen in such case.
Rocco.40: Could it be that you accidentaly hit a function key while in that screen (F1, F2, ...)?
The game will exit screen in such case.
I don't think so, but I'll make a note in case it happens again in the future.

Possible tech bug (or just really bad luck). The player has a fleet of ten captured enemy ships, most of which have Class V shields (which the player does not possess). However, scrapping any or all of the ships in question refuses to grant the tech.

SAVE9.GAM