It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello GOG-community!

Just wanted to let everybody interested know: This game works flawlessly under Ubuntu Linux 12.04 using PlayOnLinux and current Wine-version 1.5.29.

Just installed the following packages using winetricks:

d3dx10
d3dx11
d3dx9
d3dx9_29
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_40
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43
directx9
dotnet40
gdiplus
physx
vcrun2005
vcrun2008
vcrun6
xact

The wineprefix is set without using the virtual desktop, so native display could be addressed.
No problem at all!
Hey there,

just wanted to ask wheatHer you have a PlayOnLinux script, that you are willing to share.

I tried myself on Xubuntu 13.04 amd64 with default wine 1.4.1 in a clean wineprefix and got errors during installation.
Afterwards I compiled v. 1.5.29 myself and could not even start the setup (Bad EXE format; possibly 32/64bit messup).
Gonna try a recompile after reading some manpages.

Also I noticed that (at least on my system - with default and most recent winetricks) some packages don't exist (d3dx11 and some d3dx9_*) or wont install (dotnet40 - this is a know bug i believe, vcrun2005 and vcrun2008).

If you don't have a POL script maybe you can elaborate a little more on what you did. I would be very grateful.

Many thanks for sharing your experience so far,
moddx
Works perfectly for me on Linux Mint 15 KDE 64-bit using CrossOver 12.5 (Wine ver. 1.6). Just needs "DirectX Runtime - Modern" and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed.
Visual C++ 2010 was a good hint (winetricks vcrun2010).
I got the game working now using wine1.4.1 and installing patch 2.0.1.5 for magrunner (without, the game was unable to create a window).
No sound yet though. If I can't work that out, i'll try a more recent wine version.

Thanks for your answer adamhm
throgh: Hello GOG-community!

Just wanted to let everybody interested know: This game works flawlessly under Ubuntu Linux 12.04 using PlayOnLinux and current Wine-version 1.5.29.

Just installed the following packages using winetricks:

d3dx10
d3dx11
d3dx9
d3dx9_29
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_40
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43
directx9
dotnet40
gdiplus
physx
vcrun2005
vcrun2008
vcrun6
xact

The wineprefix is set without using the virtual desktop, so native display could be addressed.
No problem at all!
Good to know. Thanks! :)
throgh: Just installed the following packages using winetricks:

Thank you for the list! I just got frustrated, because Magrunner did not run directly from wine (and I already bought a few more titles so I perceive this as a slightly bad sign). I hope the packages will fix that.
sadly i have sudden laggs at random times (even on main menu), no clue why this happens :(
crazyt: sadly i have sudden laggs at random times (even on main menu), no clue why this happens :(
People playing this game using PlayOnLinux should download and use the wine+csmt patch builds. CrossOver users have that feature enabled by default. No additional libraries are needed to run it with CrossOver. Just run the installer and run the game.