It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

9.99 seems a better price point, especially b/c of the missing music, but if the game was 14.99 on Steam before removal, that might make some sense.
It was 9.99 euros for me on gog,but i don't think that adds to 14.99 dolars right?
Post edited October 22, 2017 by Fonzer
Fonzer: It was 9.99 euros for me on gog,but i don't think that adds to 14.99 dolars right?
It's 18.69 CAD here.
That converts to 12.36 Euro or 14.62 USD according to Google.

The price seems very steep for a game that is 15 years old.
I have the CDs somewhere in a box, so I am rather turned off by the price.
onir303: The price seems very steep for a game that is 15 years old.
Yeah $10 would have been much more appropriate imo, especially with the missing music.
onir303: The price seems very steep for a game that is 15 years old.
tfishell: Yeah $10 would have been much more appropriate imo, especially with the missing music.
I admit that when it launched at $14.99, I was a bit surprised there was no launch discount that usually puts a newly released game in the $7.49 to $9.99 range for a few days. Now I have no idea what hoops GOG had to jump through and maybe this price was negotiated between GOG and 2K. At the time of its release, GOG was running their Witcher sale, so you had this fantastic open world fantasy game for $19.99 and a terrific (with some flaws) period open world game that is 15 years old selling for almost the same price. Eventually I will purchase when the right deal comes along and upgrade my CD set.

I am a bit surprised at how this title launched on GOG with some fanfare, but it seems almost like a "here it is, lets not talk of it again". The graphic that graced the GOG homepage for a bit seemed misleading. I at first had to question "wait...is this "Mafia" Mafia?" since the logo just said Mafia and the sub text said "The Original Classic" [or something]. I know the title is Mafia, but over years I sort of got use to seeing "The City of Lost Heaven". And their choice of art, who is that guy? One of Morello's "red shirt" henchmen? Why not use Tommy, or the "line up" artwork of the Salieri family or even the red and black tommy gun yielding artwork? Mafia is a game I highly admire so I feel a bit vested in its launch and fanfare.
seinmind: their choice of art, who is that guy? One of Morello's "red shirt" henchmen? Why not use Tommy, or the "line up" artwork of the Salieri family or even the red and black tommy gun yielding artwork?
GOG's choices for front page art have confused me a few times in the past.
Just pointing out that the company sets the price, not GOG.