It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HI.
I have a problem with machinarium on Ubuntu 17.10. When i try run app there are errors in console

draqun@home ~/.G/Machinarium> ./start.sh
Running Machinarium
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Can anyone tell me which packages I need install to run app without errors?

Best regards.
Draqun
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Draqun: Can anyone tell me which packages I need install to run app without errors?
Did you start with the game page?
Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libcurl3:i386 libnss3:i386 libxt6:i386 and dependencies.
Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only
It was that. Thank you.
Draqun: It was that. Thank you.
Cheers.
Hi,
I had a similar problem with Machinarium on Mint 18.2 64-bit. I have installed all the necessary i386 packages except libasound2-data:i386, installation of which gave me this message:

... $ sudo apt-get install libasound2-data:i386
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libasound2-data' instead of 'libasound2-data:i386'
libasound2-data is already the newest version
(1.1.0-0ubuntu1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

Now I still get these error messages:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"

(plus a bunch of Gtk warnings)

The game actually sort of starts, i.e. opens a full-screen black screen in Flash, but nothing more happens.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Post edited March 27, 2018 by 7t7studios
Progress: after I changed the owner of the whole Machinarium folder from root to my username, the game starts (from terminal as well as from the desktop launcher), however the sound is glitchy and the mouse cursor does strange things. The above mentioned error messages are still there.