It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here, you can post bugs you encounter during your adventure. Please take the time to read other comments as they can provide answers to what you want to report :)
Post edited February 10, 2016 by Konrad
Game was working fine yesterday, then today, all a sudden it crashes everytime I load it. no error message, just "Kona has stopped working"
using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1703 fully updated

OS Build 15063.674
32 GB RAM

nVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti video driver 388.00
Sound Blaster ZxR 6.0.102.50

Crucial SSD(OS) C:\Windows
game installed on WD Black
D:\GoG Games\Kona
neosapian: Game was working fine yesterday, then today, all a sudden it crashes everytime I load it. no error message, just "Kona has stopped working"

OS Build 15063.674
32 GB RAM

I'm not sure, but it may be caused by a corrupted save file. If you haven't done much progress and don't mind starting a new game, you could try to delete them all and see how it goes.

However, if you don't want to lose progress, we'll need to confirm this is indeed the cause of the issue. To do so, could you send us the output_log.txt file at support@parabole.ca ? The file should be located in the Kona folder you mentioned or, if you use Galaxy, C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\Kona\Kona_Data .

Sorry for the inconvenience.
neosapian: Game was working fine yesterday, then today, all a sudden it crashes everytime I load it. no error message, just "Kona has stopped working"

OS Build 15063.674
32 GB RAM

jffiset: I'm not sure, but it may be caused by a corrupted save file. If you haven't done much progress and don't mind starting a new game, you could try to delete them all and see how it goes.

However, if you don't want to lose progress, we'll need to confirm this is indeed the cause of the issue. To do so, could you send us the output_log.txt file at support@parabole.ca ? The file should be located in the Kona folder you mentioned or, if you use Galaxy, C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\Kona\Kona_Data .

actually, it happened before I even began a save to progress. It wouldn't load the title screen past the splash company logo a cirular loading indicator and then the crash to black screen(windows 10 has no task manager function to end task in crash-another issue). However, I believe that(in theory) it was Nvidia Experience bug, it just autoupdated yesterday when that happened the game launcehd and it worked. thanks anyway!
Post edited October 26, 2017 by neosapian
jffiset: I'm not sure, but it may be caused by a corrupted save file. If you haven't done much progress and don't mind starting a new game, you could try to delete them all and see how it goes.

neosapian: actually, it happened before I even began a save to progress. but I believe that(in theory) it was Nvidia Experience bug, it just autoupdated yesterday when that happened the game launcehd and it worked. thanks anyway!
Someone had a driver issue too earlier this week, I'm glad you were able to make it work! Thanks for the feedback!
When I run Kona it freezes before it gets to the main menu, it just has that spinning circle except it stops spinning and I have to ALT-F4 to kill the game. To fix this I go into the prefs file in .config/unity3d/Parabole/Kona and set fullscreen to "0". The next time the game runs it starts off windowed and quickly goes full screen. Problem is solved, the game runs and plays great in full screen until the next time I run the game. After exiting it's like the issue goes back to being unfixed and it is back to freezing on startup. I can fix it again in the same way but it always goes back to being broken after the next exit. I have tested this on two different systems with the same exact result. The game version I am using is the 2.8.0.9 downlaod from GOG on both systems. My systems are:

AMD FX-9590 |16GB DDR3-2133 CL9 | MSI RX 580 8GB Gaming X | Mesa 17.2.6 | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Corsair AX1200 | Solus Mate 64 | Kernel 4.13.16-35

AMD X6 1090T | 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Sapphire Radeon HD6970 2GB| Mesa 17.3.0-rc4 | Kingston Fury 120GB | Thermaltake 650 Watt | Linux Mint 18.3 64 Cinnamon | Kernel 4.14.3-041403-generic

Hopefully a fix can be found. I am able to play the game but it is a pain that hopefully can be fixed in case any others have the issue. Either way let me know what you can find. I'll test out any ideas you may have and report back.
Post edited December 04, 2017 by shylock.596
shylock.596: When I run Kona it freezes before it gets to the main menu, it just has that spinning circle except it stops spinning and I have to ALT-F4 to kill the game. To fix this I go into the prefs file in .config/unity3d/Parabole/Kona and set fullscreen to "0". The next time the game runs it starts off windowed and quickly goes full screen. Problem is solved, the game runs and plays great in full screen until the next time I run the game. After exiting it's like the issue goes back to being unfixed and it is back to freezing on startup. I can fix it again in the same way but it always goes back to being broken after the next exit. I have tested this on two different systems with the same exact result. The game version I am using is the 2.8.0.9 downlaod from GOG on both systems. My systems are:

AMD FX-9590 |16GB DDR3-2133 CL9 | MSI RX 580 8GB Gaming X | Mesa 17.2.6 | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Corsair AX1200 | Solus Mate 64 | Kernel 4.13.16-35

AMD X6 1090T | 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Sapphire Radeon HD6970 2GB| Mesa 17.3.0-rc4 | Kingston Fury 120GB | Thermaltake 650 Watt | Linux Mint 18.3 64 Cinnamon | Kernel 4.14.3-041403-generic

Hopefully a fix can be found. I am able to play the game but it is a pain that hopefully can be fixed in case any others have the issue. Either way let me know what you can find. I'll test out any ideas you may have and report back.
Yeah, this can be annoying :(

I'm glad you found this fix though. It is a temporary fix we usually share with other players who have encountered similar issues. The bug started happening when we updated our game engine (Unity). On our Linux computers here at the studio, we didn't have this issue though, so we figured it worked well. We contacted their support team and we are still waiting on a better fix.

In the meantime, this temporary fix is the best you can do. We hope to have a better fix real soon, but we don't have a date for now.
shylock.596: When I run Kona it freezes before it gets to the main menu, it just has that spinning circle except it stops spinning and I have to ALT-F4 to kill the game. To fix this I go into the prefs file in .config/unity3d/Parabole/Kona and set fullscreen to "0". The next time the game runs it starts off windowed and quickly goes full screen. Problem is solved, the game runs and plays great in full screen until the next time I run the game. After exiting it's like the issue goes back to being unfixed and it is back to freezing on startup. I can fix it again in the same way but it always goes back to being broken after the next exit. I have tested this on two different systems with the same exact result. The game version I am using is the 2.8.0.9 downlaod from GOG on both systems. My systems are:

jffiset: Yeah, this can be annoying :(

I'm glad you found this fix though. It is a temporary fix we usually share with other players who have encountered similar issues. The bug started happening when we updated our game engine (Unity). On our Linux computers here at the studio, we didn't have this issue though, so we figured it worked well. We contacted their support team and we are still waiting on a better fix.

In the meantime, this temporary fix is the best you can do. We hope to have a better fix real soon, but we don't have a date for now.
I figured it was a Unity issue. Been having other issues with Unity games the last couple months or so that also updated their Unity version. Finished Kona so no longer an issue for me there. Enjoyed it regardless of bugs.
Where is this ini file hidden/buried!? Fuckin' game crashes upon start and I have to start it in windowed but I cannot find the stinking config file!
Post edited April 27, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
Updated my Nvidia drivers to 397.31 and now the game crashes before the main menu! WIN 10 64 GTX 1080 AMD FX 8350

EDIT UPDATE:

I just uninstalled GeForce Experience and it started right up!
Post edited May 01, 2018 by takezodunmer2005