It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, I bought the GoG version under the impression that it would work, due to what I read about from other linux users. However, it won't even install. I get this error message whenever I try to run the installer:

Runtime Error (at 137:66146)

Access violation at address 7C632000 in module 'gdiplus.dll'. Read of address 00200AEC.

I tried executing "winetricks gdiplus" in the terminal, as was suggested by another user on the wine website, but that didn't change anything. I still get the same error message as before. Any help would be appreciated.
This question / problem has been solved by Roflertimage
low rated
well, lemme see here "Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7, 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 500MB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard."

nope. GOG never claimed it worked on any other system other than WinXP/Vists/7. so... go back to the wine forum where you came from? otherwise you could still refund the game if you bought it recently.

" due to what I read about from other linux users. "
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! IT JUST WERKZ! please. i hope you're troling.

if you REALLY want a "linux" version. buy the android version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herocraft.kodp&hl=en

" The game constantly won't load during the dragon picture part of the loading process saying Unfortunately King Of Dragon Pass Has Stopped when you are away from Internet connection for a few days. Please stop checking of I have a pirated copy. This has happened several times already. NOT EVERYONE HAS INTERNET."

it seems to have the dreaded "phone home" kind of DRM though. and at 47MB, they probably compressed all the music, if you hate that sorta thang.
Post edited August 11, 2015 by dick1982
I'm using the PlayOnLinux frontend (v4.2.5) for wine, it's available in the software centre. The installer just worked without any tweaking with wine version 1.7.46 (You can manage what versions of wine you want available in the settings of POL to try different ones).

My install steps with POL:
1. Click install, chose a "non-listed program" in the bottom left.
2. New virtual drive.
3. Use another version of wine - 1.7.46 in my case.
4. Use a 32 bits windows install virtual drive.
5. Select the game's installer to run and let it do its thing. Don't click run when the installer is done, just exit.
6. POL will ask you what shortcuts you want, just KoDP.exe and done.
7. Click configure for the game's shortcut in POL, write -w in "Arguments" to get the game to run in a window or it may behave a little strange.

PlayOnLinux is great when trying to run old games. The virtual drives are sandboxed so they give you a good sense about what system dependencies you have installed for every game, and you don't have to worry about fudging the system, just delete the virtual drive and start over in that case.
Plus the ability to import and export working installs once you have them working.

Edit: An alternative to the -w argument for windowed mode is to skip that step and use the virtual desktop in wine instead, running the game "full screen" inside a linux window (see attached image).
In POL - Click "Configure" for the game, on the wine tab > "Configure Wine", then in Graphics tab > "Emulate a virtual desktop" and set the resolution to 800 x 600. Make sure you don't use the -w argument at the same time or the game will start as a window in a window.
Attachments:
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Roflert
Roflert: I'm using the PlayOnLinux frontend (v4.2.5) for wine, it's available in the software centre. The installer just worked without any tweaking with wine version 1.7.46 (You can manage what versions of wine you want available in the settings of POL to try different ones).

My install steps with POL:
1. Click install, chose a "non-listed program" in the bottom left.
2. New virtual drive.
3. Use another version of wine - 1.7.46 in my case.
4. Use a 32 bits windows install virtual drive.
5. Select the game's installer to run and let it do its thing. Don't click run when the installer is done, just exit.
6. POL will ask you what shortcuts you want, just KoDP.exe and done.
7. Click configure for the game's shortcut in POL, write -w in "Arguments" to get the game to run in a window or it may behave a little strange.

PlayOnLinux is great when trying to run old games. The virtual drives are sandboxed so they give you a good sense about what system dependencies you have installed for every game, and you don't have to worry about fudging the system, just delete the virtual drive and start over in that case.
Plus the ability to import and export working installs once you have them working.

Edit: An alternative to the -w argument for windowed mode is to skip that step and use the virtual desktop in wine instead, running the game "full screen" inside a linux window (see attached image).
In POL - Click "Configure" for the game, on the wine tab > "Configure Wine", then in Graphics tab > "Emulate a virtual desktop" and set the resolution to 800 x 600. Make sure you don't use the -w argument at the same time or the game will start as a window in a window.
This worked, I just had to use a more recent version of Wine. Thanks for the suggestion.