It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While the former version 0.9.2a (40210) worked without any change,
the new 0.9.3b (41156) gives
    "Running Jupiter Hell"
and aborts without error when invoked via "./start.sh" under Linux
(not depending on version) - same as running it directly.

One just needs:
    sudo chmod guo+x game/jh
which is also indicated by "cat game/err.log".
I am not sure if it is up to the Devs or to GOG,
but not even trying to start a game is a little bit ... strange.

Concerning Vulkan a conformant support is needed, e.g. requiring Mesa 20.0 for AMD Navi 10
(aka Radeon RX 5700 XT), i.e. for HW with lacking support OpenGL is to be chosen ...
Similar to other games ... like Filaments etc.

===

* Same problem for version 0.9.4 (41586) ... that's really crazy ... no one invokes the game - no QA?

I am not sure if GOG or the developers are to be contacted - due to start script is invoked I contacted GOG support right now ... maybe it gets explained who is responsible to change the right in the install script.

~~~

* The support was fast with a 1st reply and will contact its Product Team
  and asked me to inform the developers, too.
  I just wrote that mail so I hope this problem is soon fixed for future version of Jupiter Hell.

~~~

* The binary has now automatically executive rights with fresh version 0.9.4 (41941) delivered on 14. Oct. 2020.
Post edited October 14, 2020 by JMB9
Thank you so much. I been wanting to try the new version but that error stumped me.
Hi guys,

JMB9 please could you clarify whether the issue persists with the new 0.9.4 update or has it been resolved and you are now able to enjoy your game?
Falran: Hi guys,

JMB9 please could you clarify whether the issue persists with the new 0.9.4 update or has it been resolved and you are now able to enjoy your game?
Yes, as given 4 days ago the problem is solved.

Sorry, did not put that info in the ticket (just now ;) and my updating the original post is not that common.
So for a better visibility for all as a new post in this thread:

The new version sets the rights correctly - i.e.:
"Jupiter Hell" version 0.9.4 (41941) delivered on 14. Oct. 2020 works under Linux directly without having to change anything.

GOG support directed me to the developers (as I thought start script etc. is part of the work of GOG Product Team) and devs reacted with a working version - which I commented as addendum to my post.
So not much direct talking involved - but the process worked quite fast - if the right people are addressed.

Thanks for the help - to the Developers of Jupiter Hell and to GOG support directly hinting to fastest solution.

JMB
Falran: Hi guys,

JMB9: Yes, as given 4 days ago the problem is solved.
Many thanks for this efficient and speedy reply and glad to hear everything has now been resolved and that you will be able to enjoy Jupiter Hell.

Please do not ever hesitate to drop us a line at Support should you ever have any difficulties with any of your games.