It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In Jagged Alliance 2 V 1.13 old Mercs that were Alumni in Vanilla are shown in the standard A.I.M Selection.

I am sure there is some way to revert that, as I want to find them again as Alumni, read their stories, and have the experience of the new selection.

Does anyone know an easy way to do that? A complex one would be okay too of course.
DeusXIncognita: In Jagged Alliance 2 V 1.13 old Mercs that were Alumni in Vanilla are shown in the standard A.I.M Selection.

I am sure there is some way to revert that, as I want to find them again as Alumni, read their stories, and have the experience of the new selection.

Does anyone know an easy way to do that? A complex one would be okay too of course.
Recently have seen somewhat similar question in Bear's Pit:

DepressivesBrot wrote on Wed, 14 February 2018 20:10

AllisonIsLivid wrote on Wed, 14 February 2018 17:09
Removing Mercs is also complicated. They have data spread out all over the tables, so if you remove somebody, you're also going to have to remove every reference to their ID number, or you may run into errors. You're probably better off just not hiring Mercs you don't like.
Actually, the AIM/MERCAvailability.xml should act as single point toggles for mercs, no need to actually remove things from the files.
I don't know would it restore alumni section though.
Post edited February 17, 2018 by Enneagon
Enneagon: ...
I don't know would it restore alumni section though.
Based on search of string "alumni" in all .xml files of an r8517 install,
the appearance in alumni section seems to be controlled by entries in file \TableData\OldAIMArchive.xml.
It may even be enough to overwrite the default 1.13 OldAIMArchive.xml with the one you find in \Data\TableData\
in order to get the vanilla entries back.

Keep in mind that its only a theory, my insight into JA2 mechanisms is quite limited,
so in case if you dont get it working, its probably best to ask on bears pit forum.
Post edited February 17, 2018 by townltu
I was able to restore the original AIM and M.E.R.C. lineups and alumni by editing my Data-1.13/TableData/AIMAvailability.xml, Data-1.13/TableData/MercAvailability.xml, and Data-1.13/TableData/OldAIMArchive.xml files. I also cut out Gaston and Stogie, that 1.13 included in the vanilla file.

I edited the availability files manually, however, a diff of the original and my edited files suggests that I could have just copy/pasted the original files and gotten the same result (with some minor differences). I haven't done a full playthrough with these edits yet, but I will try that soon. If any issues come from this, it will likely only be from my changes to the MercAvailability file, which required changing the <uiIndex> and <uiAlternateIndex> of some characters. However, I would guess those are only used for UI positioning in MERC, and are not referenced externally.
Post edited May 26, 2018 by chandl34
chandl34: I was able to restore the original AIM and M.E.R.C. lineups and alumni by editing my Data-1.13/TableData/AIMAvailability.xml, Data-1.13/TableData/MercAvailability.xml, and Data-1.13/TableData/OldAIMArchive.xml files. I also cut out Gaston and Stogie, that 1.13 included in the vanilla file.

I edited the availability files manually, however, a diff of the original and my edited files suggests that I could have just copy/pasted the original files and gotten the same result (with some minor differences). I haven't done a full playthrough with these edits yet, but I will try that soon. If any issues come from this, it will likely only be from my changes to the MercAvailability file, which required changing the <uiIndex> and <uiAlternateIndex> of some characters. However, I would guess those are only used for UI positioning in MERC, and are not referenced externally.
Thanks alot, Following that I was able to solve it this time around.
I just copied the "OldAIMArchive.xml" over the other (or rather the text in it), and for the "AIMAvailability.xml" I changed the lines for Profielid and AimBioId to 1:
<ProfilId>1</ProfilId>
<AimBioID>1</AimBioID>

That way many other profiles where marked so I guessed that would be the best way to deactivate unused Profiles without disturbing anything else.
Or not, turns out that way just turns everyone into Blood, there must be something else too. Still Looking, but at leat I can read the retirement Alumni Stories.

Not sure yet what to do with the MERC, but I guess thats not so important.
Post edited July 28, 2019 by DeusXIncognita
chandl34: I was able to restore the original AIM and M.E.R.C. lineups and alumni by editing my Data-1.13/TableData/AIMAvailability.xml, Data-1.13/TableData/MercAvailability.xml, and Data-1.13/TableData/OldAIMArchive.xml files. I also cut out Gaston and Stogie, that 1.13 included in the vanilla file.

DeusXIncognita: Thanks alot, Following that I was able to solve it this time around.

I just copied the "OldAIMArchive.xml" over the other (or rather the text in it), and for the "AIMAvailability.xml" I changed the lines for Profielid and AimBioId to 1:
<ProfilId>1</ProfilId>
<AimBioID>1</AimBioID>

That way many other profiles where marked so I guessed that would be the best way to deactivate unused Profiles without disturbing anything else.
DeusXIncognita: Or not, turns out that way just turns everyone into Blood, there must be something else too. Still Looking, but at leat I can read the retirement Alumni Stories.

Not sure yet what to do with the MERC, but I guess thats not so important.
Here is what I used for each file:
AIMAvailability.xml => https://pastebin.com/hU0bTLsE
MercAvailability.xml => https://pastebin.com/tPa8y90H
OldAIMArchive.xml => https://pastebin.com/sHUMXipN