It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DarzaR: I got it as "no access to its admins" then, right?
MitchShudlem: Sorry, I have no idea what you mean.
Forget it, man, just asked if you some admin there or so.
MitchShudlem: Sorry, I have no idea what you mean.
DarzaR: Forget it, man, just asked if you some admin there or so.
Oh, if i am an admin. No, I have nothing to do with it. "no access to its admins" sounded like some slang I don't know.
MitchShudlem: nothing to do with it. "no access to its admins" sounded like some slang I don't know.
No, just been too sleepy to be able to say it reasonable way, sorry. Meant "maybe you're in contact with them or so".
Heres's a riddle for you: how did Tex become a fat accountant?
Attachments:
fattex.jpg (157 Kb)
MitchShudlem: Heres's a riddle for you: how did Tex become a fat accountant?
Some way of damage of a save file. I hope its from use of a some old editor for fun and not something dangerous?
MitchShudlem: Heres's a riddle for you: how did Tex become a fat accountant?
DarzaR: Some way of damage of a save file. I hope its from use of a some old editor for fun and not something dangerous?
No, I'm afraid it isn't related to any save at all and I have never used any editor.
First assign all mercenaries to anything else than on duty and hit OK. Then answer NO to the question. It's all broken now. You are seeing portraits and stats but you are actually at an inventory screen that you had used last. The exit is in left top corner you can go out and it's fine by then, so it isn't very dangerous. Somehow I produced the fat accountant by fiddling with right-clicking around the screen, but I don't know how exactly.
MitchShudlem: First assign all mercenaries to anything else than on duty and hit OK. Then answer NO to the question. It's all broken now. You are seeing portraits and stats but you are actually at an inventory screen that you had used last. The exit is in left top corner you can go out and it's fine by then, so it isn't very dangerous. Somehow I produced the fat accountant by fiddling with right-clicking around the screen, but I don't know how exactly.
I see, while fixing one bad stuff i broke other stuff there. Is not present in original version. Its rather easy to fix, but i will definitely propose not to get into this condition. Its clearly corrupt a memory, and it could result in seemingly unrelated oddities later. If you dont want to start with 0 mercs, dont try to exit from there with 0 assigned. If you do want to start with 0, everyithng should be ok tho, just accept on first proposal.
Updated patch to ver. 1.15m, with fixes for bugs discussed lately, courtesy of MitchShudlem.
DarzaR: Updated patch to ver. 1.15m, with fixes for bugs discussed lately, courtesy of MitchShudlem.
Thread unrelated, but you seem very knowledgeable about ja1. Do you know any russian ja1 forums?
Jigby: Thread unrelated, but you seem very knowledgeable about ja1. Do you know any russian ja1 forums?
I dont know any ja1 forums beside this very place and bearpit. Bearpit is obsolete tho, as i dont use it anymore.
One minor question, I'm just curious: is it possible to damage my gear by taking a shot?
MitchShudlem: One minor question, I'm just curious: is it possible to damage my gear by taking a shot?
Well it should be by explosives only, unless you dont mean armor (and GasMask with AIR option on), thats receive damage while absorbing a shots.
You have some bad news for me about it?
MitchShudlem: One minor question, I'm just curious: is it possible to damage my gear by taking a shot?
DarzaR: Well it should be by explosives only, unless you dont mean armor (and GasMask with AIR option on), thats receive damage while absorbing a shots.
You have some bad news for me about it?
I don't think there are any bad news. There has been a situation where I found the radio to be 98% without any apparent reason. I didn't remember any grenade nor swimming. But maybe it was from some another day, and I had not noticed it previously. Other thing that led me to suspect damage from a shot was the occasional surprising deterioration of weapon without a grenade, but that could be attributed to unlucky deterioration from just shooting, it can go down by 1% with every shot after all.
If we are at gear damage, are the lists of items damaged by a grenade and from swimming the same? Also, I'm not sure about medical equipment and camouflage, could that be damaged?
Post edited September 08, 2021 by MitchShudlem
MitchShudlem: ... I found the radio to be 98% without any apparent reason. I didn't remember any grenade nor swimming. ...
Other thing that led me to suspect damage from a shot was the occasional surprising deterioration of weapon without a grenade, but that could be attributed to unlucky deterioration from just shooting, it can go down by 1% with every shot after all.
Yes, thats how it should be and thats i hope it is. If youll notice that such damage is still happens some other than mentioned way, then there is some bug for sure behind it.

MitchShudlem: If we are at gear damage, are the lists of items damaged by a grenade and from swimming the same? Also, I'm not sure about medical equipment and camouflage, could that be damaged?
No, not necessarily, they are different item's flags/properties. Usually damageable item is affected from both ways, but there are some exclusions (armor is probably most easiest to notice, as it not damaged in water). Ill list some oddities from there (Water cannot destroy item at all, it can only damage it up to 1% state, so indestructible is sorta misleading, sorry):
Weapons are normally damaged by water, but knives are not.
Scope and Silencer both not affected by water.
Listed above, but still, armor not affected by water.
GasMask is affected both ways, but Goggles only by explosives.
Chunk'o'steel & Compound17 are both indestructible ("indestructible" means "unaffected by explosive or water damage being discussed there"), but Camo & Medkits affected by water, and Tool&Locksmith kits affected both ways.
Crowbars affected only by explosives.
Money and all "paper" items (notes, Journal, Combination) are affected only by water. Journal being the only quest item affected by some way (destruction of Journal & Sapling are special events).
"Normal" explosives/detonator and fully merged Eagle items are affected both ways, but Eagle items components in any non-final merge state are indestructible.
Vests, ammo, keys, rocks, canteens, beer are indestructible.

Some bonus oddities: there are also flags/properties of "repairable" (being able to be repaired by mechanic), "metal" (receive only half damage from explosions and triggering MetalDetector), and "floatable" (not sink in water). While mostly straightforward, there are some weird ones too:
LocksmithKit is the only "combine-to-refill" item that is also repairable.
Canteen is Metal, while Beer is not (likely purely mistake while setting properties on, resulted in them getting it swapped).
"Paper" & "Cloth" (Rags and Brenda's clothes) items are floatable, but only empty GlassJar do, even adding of Rag to it is enough to sink it, aswell as other fluids.
Every quest item is floatable, except Headstone.
Post edited September 16, 2021 by DarzaR
DarzaR: Chunk'o'steel & Compound17 are both indestructible
Just a note, as someone might read it out of context, Chunks are destructible by merge.

DarzaR: Some bonus oddities: there are also flags/properties of "repairable" (being able to be repaired by mechanic), "metal" (receive only half damage from explosions and triggering MetalDetector)
What does "triggering MetalDetector" mean? I thought MetalDetector is only to detect mines.

DarzaR: Every quest item is floatable, except Headstone.
Are you sure about that? The Headstone will just sink? That would be tough, would almost mean you lost the whole campaign (not that it doesn't make sense, it's a pile of stone).