It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is everybody using Radeon ??? Can't someone find a fix for nVidia GTX 1070 or TITAN X runnin on Intel i7 ?
i made a patch a while back which limits the game to 30fps (thereby fixing the physics)

caveat: I only tested it under linux+wine. but it should work as well under windows, i think

since following the patching instructions is probably hard on windows I uploaded the fixed exe here:
Download
Post edited July 01, 2017 by immi101
immi101: i made a patch a while back which limits the game to 30fps (thereby fixing the physics)

caveat: I only tested it under linux+wine. but it should work as well under windows, i think

since following the patching instructions is probably hard on windows I uploaded the fixed exe here:
Download
I hope you don't mind but I linked a download for your fix at interstate76.com (the biggest fan site for this game). Your fix works great so I had to share it. Most of the guys there are hackers too (programmers, not cheaters) you should check it out. They also have fixes for the internet issue too.
immi101: i made a patch a while back which limits the game to 30fps (thereby fixing the physics)

Download
YitzhakLevi: I hope you don't mind but I linked a download for your fix at interstate76.com (the biggest fan site for this game). Your fix works great so I had to share it. Most of the guys there are hackers too (programmers, not cheaters) you should check it out. They also have fixes for the internet issue too.
don't mind at all, thx for spreading the info :)
and thx for confirming that it indeed works on windows as well.

didn't know about about the site interstate76.com before. Cool to see that the game still has an active fan base after all this time. will give those patches they have there definitely a try.
There are a few things worth mentioning. First, the router patch for nitro (patch III) is based on the original version of the game thus still has a cd check. Also, a member from interstate76.com told me their next patch will limit the fps furthor down to 24fps, this will fix the remaining physics issues and enable the flamethrowers. Hope this info helps.
Changed the patch to limit the fps further to 25fps which should fix a few remaining physics issues.
also ported the patch for the Nitro Pack

Download

thx @YitzhakLevi for the testing efforts :)
immi101: Changed the patch to limit the fps further to 25fps which should fix a few remaining physics issues.
also ported the patch for the Nitro Pack

Download

thx @YitzhakLevi for the testing efforts :)
I've been checking in occasionally on the state of Interstate '76 on modern machines, and was excited to see this patch. I'm curious: does the patch fix all of the issues with the game on modern machines? Or are there other tweaks (e.g. with nGlide) needed as well?

I guess I'm waiting until there's a way to run the game "as intended" before I revisit it. There are lots of different tweaks suggested in this thread and elsewhere, so I'm trying to determine the best solution. Thanks!
Waltorious: I'm curious: does the patch fix all of the issues with the game on modern machines?
i'm afraid not. The main point of the patch is that you avoid the need for an external app to limit your fps.

all the other tweaks are still required (as outlined here for example.)

at least if you are using Windows.
On Linux+wine the game works fine with just using this patch. Which was the primary motivation behind it.
immi101: i'm afraid not. The main point of the patch is that you avoid the need for an external app to limit your fps.

That's exactly the post I was thinking of, actually. Thanks! It sounds like between your patch and the tweaks in the post you linked, it should run more or less as intended. Good news!
Waltorious: I'm curious: does the patch fix all of the issues with the game on modern machines?
immi101: i'm afraid not. The main point of the patch is that you avoid the need for an external app to limit your fps.

at least if you are using Windows.
On Linux+wine the game works fine with just using this patch. Which was the primary motivation behind it.
So precisely what is still required to run the game?

When I bought the game it wouldn't run no matter what, today I reinstalled and it "worked" out of the box. Physics were wonky and graphics limited to original resolutions but it ran. Now I don't care about graphics as much as I care about playability:

I tried the alternative launcher, dgvoodoo 1.5 and 2.54, nglide, the custom splash and 25fps patch. I'm still no closer to getting either physics or better graphics working. I chewed through what's apparently 7 years of people trying to get this working with rubber bands and duct tape.

Please advise.
Hey Moela and everyone else who posted above, I had some major success yesterday after many hours spent tweaking i76 GOG edition to run successfully on my Win 10 pro 64 PC. I have a fully playable game looking great with glide at my native resolution of 2560x1440. The bookmark and save success makes the difference since there is a crash between missions but you can quickly reload, load bookmark, and pick right back up (I am currently playing mission 10). The post at the link in step 2 below really helped me dial this all in. See notes below - PLEASE ask any questions to see if I can help or save you time.
Moela, Per your comment about playability - I am up to mission 10 and the glide graphics are wonderful. Try it.
Robert

1. Installed GOG i76 and nitro 500+ mb executable
2. dgvoodoo 2.54 install per 9 steps at this link. Made sure I specified folder in voodoo setup to i76 folder instead of appdata folder.
www.gog.com/forum/interstate_series/i_76_at_high_res_even_widescreen
3. copied all DLL files into i76 folder that came with voodoo zip
4. Downloaded and staged in i76 folder i76_25fps.exe (I believe this is a gold version exe)
5. Created batch file in i76 folder to run this: start /w "Interstate 76" /high /affinity 1 i76_25fps.exe -glide. glide looks better and smoother than -d3d.

Notes
- trouble saving games but got passed it - Copying save001.cmp to create 002 and 003, etc slots seemed to allow for more saving success but double clicking the underscore entry above, double clicking the white space and clicking save twice appears to resolve.
- Game crashes frequently before next mission but just make sure to save before start and when done in garage. Save, Start mission, crash, load bookmark, then go back in - good to go.
- Occassional graphic glitch during game play but esc then back in resolves
- Current dgvoodoo settings I am running and many changes I tried did not appear to affect game play or crash issues: voodo banshee, 8MB, texturing: memory size 4096, TMUs 1, force linear filter, disable mipmapping, resolution 2560x1440 (my native), antialiasing off, everything checked in miscellaneous except 16bit depth buffer.
- Nvidia control panel setting changes but not sure they made a difference: anisotropic filtering 16x,
- i76_25fps.exe is NOT running in any compatibility mode.
- Trip play tested only. No multiplayer.
Attachments:
capture.jpg (56 Kb)
Post edited September 10, 2017 by rtharris98
Thought id post my results..

My hardware:
i5-4690k
GTX 970
Windows 10 64-Bit

Didnt have any color issues with the latest GoG release so no need to close Explorer.exe etc

The biggest thing i did to get this game working well(no jumpy Physics and ai works properly etc) was to install MSI Afterburner 4,4 Beta 18 as it contains the latest release of riva tuner(even newer than riva tuner website) which works correctly with windows 10 creators edition
cant post links so: download-msi-afterburner-4-4-beta-18.html search google

After installing it open up Riva Tuner, hit the add button at the bottom of the screen and locate the i76.exe inside the Gog i76 folder(you could apply to global but that would affect all other games)

Then set the Framerate Limit to 25 Fps.. this forces the graphics card to run at only 25 fps making the game work 100% correctly way way better than any CPU limiter I tried.(see attached Screenshot)

the i76_25fps.exe linked to in an earlier post just crashed for me so cant say how well that works.

installed DGVoodoo 2.54.. this is mostly unnecessary as with my hardware I couldn't change the resolution anyhow but it does make it possible to enable better texture filtering which helps a bit.. and your hardware may work better.

the dgvoodoo website can be a bit unclear when not familiar with the process so:

1. Download DGVodoo 2.54(or latest)(you dont need the D3DCompiler's or D2DRM)
2. open the zip file using your favourite zip program(i use 7zip)
3. Place dgVoodooCpl.exe and the contents of MS folder into the Interstate 76 folder(remove from MS folder)
4. Run dgVoodooCpl.exe
5. click the ./ button so it places the config inside the game dir instead of appdata
6. in the general tab leave everything alone(if I changed the scaling mode then my menus in i76 ran SUPER SUPER slow and mouse lag was insane)(see Screenshot)
7. in the DirectX tab i did the following:(see Screenshot)
Vram: 256mb
Resolution: Unforced(if I changed this then once again menus ran SUPER SUPER SLOW and often caused hangups)
Filtering: Force Anisotropic 16x(made text on signs a lot clearer)
Antialiasing(MSAA):8x
No Mipmapping Checked
I also enabled Bilinear blit stretch but am unsure if this is a good idea(says it could cause artifacts)
once the game is started go to options and make sure its set to 1024x768 for best results.

also.. you may also want to place the contents of the 3dFX folder into the Interstate 76 folder too so you can try 3dfx but with my hardware it started corrupting textures quite quickly but looked great initially.

if you do want to try 3dfx option then you need to make a i76.bat file with "i76.exe -glide" in it(i would suggest trying it as if it works with your hardware then it looks quite a bit better but with my hardware after about 2min or less of gameplay all the textures got replaced with random textures from other items on screen)
Attachments:
Post edited October 08, 2017 by Dreded
I'm running Interstate'76 on Windows 7x64 with no problem with the following settings:

My Spec:
HP 470 G3 i3 6100, 4gb, Intel 520

Install I76_Launcher_v20 with this configuration:

Set 'Renderer API' to Direct3D9 in the Global tab
Check 'Monitor freq is the closest supported freq' in the Glide tab
Check 'Force trilinear mipmapping'
Check 'Autogenerate mipmaps'
Check 'Texmem scaled to 4MB'
Set LFB Access to 'Enable FFB access' (should be the default setting)
Check 'Use hardware cache buffers when poss.'
Check 'Use fastwrite for unmatching formats'
Check 'Closer to a real hardware'
Set Texture mem size to maximum (65536 kB)
Set Resolution to your native resolution
Check 'Enable Glide-gammaramp'

I have a PROBLEM with NITRO PACK, I can't change resolution. Runs well but i can' have a widescreen resolution like in Interstate'76. Anyone know have to fix this problem?
Thanks

P.S.
I found the solution. It was the glide2x.dll file that was not working in Nitro pack. I copied the working file from Interstate'76 folder in Nitro pack folder and it worked. Now i can play Nitro pack on high resolution and wide screen.
Post edited December 30, 2017 by Alfredon
The other day I decided to play Interstate '76 again. I tried to install from my original disks, but was getting errors on my laptop with Win 10 (wouldn't even run the setup file). I decided that it was worth it to buy it again from GOG and have a single install file, plus all patches, etc. already bundled.

I downloaded the latest dgVoodoo2 and tried to play.

At the beginning of the training mission, you could hear "thud thud thud thud" and as your car came into view, the wheels were going crazy, the brake lights were flashing, and the car was bouncing. I tried the first mission and Stampede's car was doing the same thing.

I saw immi101 had a patch to limit frame rate to 25 FPS, but even with that patched file, I still had the same problem.
Edit - Not sure why, but this patch now works fine, no physics issues. I have deleted all of the steps I had tried to resolve the issue so as not to cause any unnecessary confusion.

Downloading immi101's patch, renaming it 176.exe, and running as administrator have fixed all of my issues.

Man, I still love this game!

Thanks for your patch immi101!
Post edited April 08, 2018 by joker23
I have deleted what was in this post originally - I tried a lot of things with compiling executables and using hex editors, but I cannot duplicate any of it after starting over from scratch.

What I found woks best for me right now is taking immi101's 25fps patch, renaming it to i76.exe, and running as administrator. I no longer have any issues.

Thanks immi101!
Post edited April 08, 2018 by joker23