It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I tried to play with GameRanger and Hamachi with one friend, but we can't manage to play together.

We both have windows 10, we installed the Visual C++ 2015, and put the 2 dll file in the folder.

The game works very well in single player.

But when we try to connect each other with Game Ranger, the game launches but we can't join a game, with TCP/IP the IP adress is always uncorrect, and with Direct Connect the game crashes. Both our firewall are desctivated.

Do you know if there is a solution to this problem ? Do you experiences it as well ?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Pretfeuil: I tried to play with GameRanger and Hamachi with one friend, but we can't manage to play together.

We both have windows 10, we installed the Visual C++ 2015, and put the 2 dll file in the folder.

The game works very well in single player.

But when we try to connect each other with Game Ranger, the game launches but we can't join a game, with TCP/IP the IP adress is always uncorrect, and with Direct Connect the game crashes. Both our firewall are desctivated.

Do you know if there is a solution to this problem ? Do you experiences it as well ?

Thanks in advance.
I've had luck using Hamachi and TCP/IP multiplayer game. You need to ensure you use the Hamachi IP address of whoever is hosting.
Thanks for your answer.

We tried with Hamachi, with the Hamachi IP adress like 25.XX.XXX.XXX.

But its not working, we can ping each other (with both our firewall desactivated). But when we try in the game (Network, TCP/IP) we always have the same error :
Error in IP Adress, please try again.

I can't find where is the problem...
Pretfeuil: Thanks for your answer.

We tried with Hamachi, with the Hamachi IP adress like 25.XX.XXX.XXX.

But its not working, we can ping each other (with both our firewall desactivated). But when we try in the game (Network, TCP/IP) we always have the same error :
Error in IP Adress, please try again.

I can't find where is the problem...
The error message comes from a failed call to the inet_addr function, which translates the input IP address from a string to a valid internal IP representation.

Link

Sorry, not much more I can add. The 25.xx.xxx.xxx IP format for Hamachi works fine for me in Windows 10. Not sure why inet_addr would fail for you.
Post edited November 03, 2017 by moranms
I Tried the filedropper link to no avail. can anyone else post it elsewhere?
Post edited November 25, 2017 by RianovRV1
Hi this is also a request for a reposting of the filedropper files if possible. I use autohotkey to help with my keyboard to be able to play Heroes 2 but dosbox seems to throw fits if I use autohotkey on the Dos Heroes 2, while the windows Heroes 2 only will run in windowed mode.

Thanks
ethanwj: Hi this is also a request for a reposting of the filedropper files if possible. I use autohotkey to help with my keyboard to be able to play Heroes 2 but dosbox seems to throw fits if I use autohotkey on the Dos Heroes 2, while the windows Heroes 2 only will run in windowed mode.

Thanks
http://www.filedropper.com/heroes2win10fixes
Awesome, thank you so much!
Hitting F4 toggled it to fullscreen, at first the mouse cursor didn't display even with a restart, but then setting it to run as admin and in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (running windows 10) and the cursor popped up. It works perfect!
Is it any possible way to save this game and load it afterwards in multiplayer?
I have the windows version and playing multiplayer thru gameranger.
I can find only the "save game" option during the game, but dunno how to load it when we want to continue the game another day.

Thanks for any ideas.
grulo: Is it any possible way to save this game and load it afterwards in multiplayer?
I have the windows version and playing multiplayer thru gameranger.
I can find only the "save game" option during the game, but dunno how to load it when we want to continue the game another day.

Thanks for any ideas.
I don't know about gameranger, but back in the day you'd do it simply by selecting Load from the main menu, then Multiplayer.
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

We have uploaded the Windows version of Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold and added it as an extra. Please enjoy this fine download from us here at GOG.com! :D

Please note that HoMM 2 Gold (Windows) is being offered the same way as the Carmageddon Windows 95 patch: it may or may not work just right with every configuration but we'd wanted to offer you, the community, the choice between the 2 versions (DOSBox or Windows) and play the one that works best for YOU :D.
Where is this located?
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

We have uploaded the Windows version of Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold and added it as an extra. Please enjoy this fine download from us here at GOG.com! :D

Please note that HoMM 2 Gold (Windows) is being offered the same way as the Carmageddon Windows 95 patch: it may or may not work just right with every configuration but we'd wanted to offer you, the community, the choice between the 2 versions (DOSBox or Windows) and play the one that works best for YOU :D.
verbosity9: Where is this located?
Click on Heroes 2 in your library and look in the game goodies section, it should be there along with wallpapers, music and other game goodies.
Hi, i just bought my copy of HOMM2 GOLD yesterday, and i spent the afternoon trying to get it running.

i had no luck with DOSBOX version. Everytime i tried to run it, it crashed (tried compatibility and admin modes). I could run the Windows Version, though. The bad thing is that CD music tracks with and without opera aren't working. I can run only MIDI music. I tried the files provided in this thread to prevent the stretching, with no effect. I don't know if i did something wrong.

Another thing i couldn't run with this version is the Graphic Setup.exe in the game folder. The strange thing about this is that the application is running, according to the task manager. I provided a screenshot about that.

i noticed that the game lags as hell, too. Help would be much apreciated.
Attachments:
I can't get it running.
Everytime I start it up I get a black screen, about a second of the first video's audio plays and then an error sound... I can't see what the error message is because of the black screen. After that it just goes back to desktop on it's own.
Any ideas?
Tyger3000: I can't get it running.
Everytime I start it up I get a black screen, about a second of the first video's audio plays and then an error sound... I can't see what the error message is because of the black screen. After that it just goes back to desktop on it's own.
Any ideas?
You are probably using windows 10 and trying to run windows version.
Try dxwnd. Google it.