It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded a new patch for Windows ("Patch 1.0.3") and new Mac and Linux install files. Please download the installation media of your choice to get the latest and greatest version of the game :)

Changelog for version 1.0.3:

OpenGL skin shader workaround for OS X/Linux
Add a game cube controller windows profile
Update our XInput dll
Add some ps3 ds3 controller profiles back in
Fix ds4 option button on Win/OS X/Linux
Try a fix for gamepad vibration getting stuck on
Fixed multiple 'haunted' curses leaving cards on the screen.
Fixed achievement VO when loading a saved game.
Updated stat cards so showing changes is consistent.
Fixed 'view card' VO playing from shop 'sell' menu items.
Fixed some VO.
Fixed 'skeleton king sword description (english only).
Moved/scaled spice models for food/gold.
Fixed 'skeleton king sword' so it can't lifesteal from totems.
Fixed spear traps so invisible hand can intercept them.
Reflecting a projectile now adds to the hit counter.
Fixed crash when dying and completing trap level simultaneously.
Fixed a unity crash enumerating network interfaces on Linux

Thanks and have a nice day :)
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've uploaded a new patch for Windows ("Patch 1.0.3") and new Mac and Linux install files. Please download the installation media of your choice to get the latest and greatest version of the game :)

Update our XInput dll
Fixed some VO.

I am interested in this game, however issues one person posted about the controls (see store page) has put me off from playing. (Rogue Legacy had serious issues with keyboard controls that, in combination with the mechanics of the final boss, made the game incredibly unappealing and genuinely worth refunding.) The whole issue with Omerta: City of Gangesters isn't far from my mind either and it's relevant given what some have said about unequal patching in respect to GOG and Steam.

From some of the posts I've seen the GOG version is 1.2.7 but I see no ready patch notes for anything beyond this post here for 1.0.3. This sees me really, really wary. Why is this the case?
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

Update our XInput dll
Fixed some VO.

TheBitterness: I am interested in this game, however issues one person posted about the controls (see store page) has put me off from playing. (Rogue Legacy had serious issues with keyboard controls that, in combination with the mechanics of the final boss, made the game incredibly unappealing and genuinely worth refunding.) The whole issue with Omerta: City of Gangesters isn't far from my mind either and it's relevant given what some have said about unequal patching in respect to GOG and Steam.

From some of the posts I've seen the GOG version is 1.2.7 but I see no ready patch notes for anything beyond this post here for 1.0.3. This sees me really, really wary. Why is this the case?
The patch notes are all in the changelog for the game which is accessible from one's account.

Anyways, here's all the patch notes for the game since the changelog feature was introduced:

Patch 1.3.3 (30 December 2015)
The last of our holiday DLC is here! Enter the portals to the Underworld to conquer the foes within and claim the Hellblade!

Patch 1.3.2 (10 December 2015)

Join Mr Lionel in his quest to raid the halls of the Goblin King - for profit, adventure and retribution!
Patch 1.3.0 (20 November 2015)
Christmas holidays are fast approaching so to celebrate we will be releasing free content in the coming weeks.
The first of four instalments is Winters Hunt.
The myth of the White Minotaur may have some truth to it.
This beast is master of both strength and magic but you are not the only person in this hunt.
Heed the Song of the White Minotaur (this will be in your deck after the update) to begin your adventure.

Patch 1.2.14 (20 November 2015)

Upgrade unity to fix a memory leak that has been causing crashes.

Patch 1.2.13 (20 November 2015)

Add Ukrainian language
Fix Russian font missing a % symbol
Fix up some missing language substitutions in Japanese and Korean
Incorporate some user Japanese edits
Fix the Korean language name in selection

Patch 1.2.12 (21 August 2015)

fix dealer audio muted on profile reset
fix an instance of the Minotaur having kraken card art
fix typo in kraken sword lore description
new controller profiles from latest incontrol
UI uses keyboard bindings for up,down,left,right instead of hardcoded w,s,a,d
Fixed black screen on profile reset
Ensure the cursor is locked in the window in M&K in combat
Vsync is now on by default, was causing people with top end gpus pain as they ran at a billion fps
fix for not getting health pain cards when at max health
balance: removed a "lose % max health" pain cards from bandit king and warlord upgrade
Fix Kraken animations
Fix rockfall encounter gives warlord fate only a single, greyed out choice
Late game balance pass, lots and lots of small tweaks.
Finished Korean translation
Add profile for PS3 Wired Controller Air Flo PC/OSX

Patch 1.2.7 (07 June 2015)
Our latest update, Murder At Sea, adds a whole new questline to Hand of Fate.
New cards, new items, and a whole new boss await you! Discover the evil that lurks at sea, infiltrate pirates, and discover the shocking secrets of the Lizardmen.
To begin your new adventure, visit the Land Locked Lubber (which will be in your deck after the update) and speak to the bartender there.
TheBitterness: I am interested in this game, however issues one person posted about the controls (see store page) has put me off from playing. (Rogue Legacy had serious issues with keyboard controls that, in combination with the mechanics of the final boss, made the game incredibly unappealing and genuinely worth refunding.) The whole issue with Omerta: City of Gangesters isn't far from my mind either and it's relevant given what some have said about unequal patching in respect to GOG and Steam.

JudasIscariot: The patch notes are all in the changelog for the game which is accessible from one's account.

Anyways, here's all the patch notes for the game since the changelog feature was introduced:

Patch 1.3.3 (30 December 2015)
The last of our holiday DLC is here! Enter the portals to the Underworld to conquer the foes within and claim the Hellblade!

Patch 1.3.2 (10 December 2015)

Join Mr Lionel in his quest to raid the halls of the Goblin King - for profit, adventure and retribution!
Patch 1.3.0 (20 November 2015)
Christmas holidays are fast approaching so to celebrate we will be releasing free content in the coming weeks.
The first of four instalments is Winters Hunt.
The myth of the White Minotaur may have some truth to it.
This beast is master of both strength and magic but you are not the only person in this hunt.
Heed the Song of the White Minotaur (this will be in your deck after the update) to begin your adventure.

Patch 1.2.14 (20 November 2015)

Upgrade unity to fix a memory leak that has been causing crashes.

Patch 1.2.13 (20 November 2015)

Add Ukrainian language
Fix Russian font missing a % symbol
Fix up some missing language substitutions in Japanese and Korean
Incorporate some user Japanese edits
Fix the Korean language name in selection

Patch 1.2.12 (21 August 2015)

fix dealer audio muted on profile reset
fix an instance of the Minotaur having kraken card art
fix typo in kraken sword lore description
new controller profiles from latest incontrol
UI uses keyboard bindings for up,down,left,right instead of hardcoded w,s,a,d
Fixed black screen on profile reset
Ensure the cursor is locked in the window in M&K in combat
Vsync is now on by default, was causing people with top end gpus pain as they ran at a billion fps
fix for not getting health pain cards when at max health
balance: removed a "lose % max health" pain cards from bandit king and warlord upgrade
Fix Kraken animations
Fix rockfall encounter gives warlord fate only a single, greyed out choice
Late game balance pass, lots and lots of small tweaks.
Finished Korean translation
Add profile for PS3 Wired Controller Air Flo PC/OSX

Patch 1.2.7 (07 June 2015)
Our latest update, Murder At Sea, adds a whole new questline to Hand of Fate.
New cards, new items, and a whole new boss await you! Discover the evil that lurks at sea, infiltrate pirates, and discover the shocking secrets of the Lizardmen.
To begin your new adventure, visit the Land Locked Lubber (which will be in your deck after the update) and speak to the bartender there.
I don't have the game; I have no access to the changelog feature. I still have no reason to purchase the game given refund policy issues don't seem to cover 'bad controls' and I don't see anything about controls being improved. That said, thank you for putting up this information.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by TheBitterness
JudasIscariot: The patch notes are all in the changelog for the game which is accessible from one's account.

[...SNIP...]
TheBitterness: I don't have the game; I have no access to the changelog feature. I still have no reason to purchase the game given refund policy issues don't seem to cover 'bad controls' and I don't see anything about controls being improved. That said, thank you for putting up this information.
Unlike TheBitterness, knowing that Hand Of Fate is patched up to the start of Jan 2016 is perfectly sufficient for me to buy it. (In fact, after reading this, I immediately did just that.)

But I do agree about the lack of access to changelog info. Some games on GOG have serious problems with devs barely supporting them here. This apparently was one of them, because it's easy to find people complaining that patches aren't being put up here. The info which paints a much more reassuring picture (the changelogs above) is hidden away where only people who've already bought the game can access it. :-(

I don't dislike having the changelog feature in the library, but it desperately needs to be supplemented by something that *potential* buyers have access to. The fact that out-of-date changelogs show up in the forums as the latest patch makes the problem even worse. I've previously avoided buying this game because I thought the devs hadn't even released the Murder At Sea update here!