It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I try starting the game after dragging the folder into Applications. First of all I had to Control-right click and Open or whatever it is to start up an unsigned App, but then the process starts up, icon bouncing, "Verifying" and meter fills up, then icon disappears and nothing happens.

Apparently it's still running in the background but it's basically dead.

Not even an error message.
masterhand3: I try starting the game after dragging the folder into Applications. First of all I had to Control-right click and Open or whatever it is to start up an unsigned App, but then the process starts up, icon bouncing, "Verifying" and meter fills up, then icon disappears and nothing happens.
This installer doesn't appear to have been updated what with it being removed & added back. You need to update Wineskin to a newer engine or send in a support ticket & wait for GOG to do it.
yeah, I figured it was an old wine wrapper that doesn't work on my stuff

rather than that, I'm going to try running the windows version in parallels
masterhand3: rather than that, I'm going to try running the windows version in parallels
Probably still worth putting in a ticket.