It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys... I've fucked around for a few days trying to get Gothic 2 Gold Edition GOG running with the essential, standard best mods/patches etc, I'm having a really hard time, every set of instructions I find is so bare-bones and just horrible, impossible to follow and understand. Help please. I just want the system pack, player kit and the DX11 thing or whatever, I think, Please help...
nextblue: Hey guys... I've fucked around for a few days trying to get Gothic 2 Gold Edition GOG running with the essential, standard best mods/patches etc, I'm having a really hard time, every set of instructions I find is so bare-bones and just horrible, impossible to follow and understand. Help please. I just want the system pack, player kit and the DX11 thing or whatever, I think, Please help...
Tell me about it....What little hair I had left is gone.....You have any luck yet?
nextblue: Hey guys... I've fucked around for a few days trying to get Gothic 2 Gold Edition GOG running with the essential, standard best mods/patches etc, I'm having a really hard time, every set of instructions I find is so bare-bones and just horrible, impossible to follow and understand. Help please. I just want the system pack, player kit and the DX11 thing or whatever, I think, Please help...
Andy_Wilkinson: Tell me about it....What little hair I had left is gone.....You have any luck yet?
Tried this yet? Updated the dead links.
Andy_Wilkinson: Tell me about it....What little hair I had left is gone.....You have any luck yet?
mmarci: Tried this yet? Updated the dead links.
Hi , im having some hard time to, was abble to play the game but in a kind of window mode and wanted to improve to full screen and upgrade the graphics a litlle, so i tryed all the steps there and now the game doesent run. Any ideas on how i can fix it, or only solution is to unisntall everything and play without the mods. Playing the gold version downloaded from here.
I also have some questions: I followed the guide but there seems to be a path problem. Should the path be system/gd3d11/replacements? Because the DL has a higher level folder replacements dds. Second, the replacement vurt folder has a dds folder with normal files in it. Do the normal files go with the other normal files in "replacement"/

It looks like the path should be system/gd3d11/replacements/loose files. Does that seem correct?
fragonard: I also have some questions: I followed the guide but there seems to be a path problem. Should the path be system/gd3d11/replacements? Because the DL has a higher level folder replacements dds. Second, the replacement vurt folder has a dds folder with normal files in it. Do the normal files go with the other normal files in "replacement"/

It looks like the path should be system/gd3d11/replacements/loose files. Does that seem correct?
There might have been some changes to the archive in the past years - if that's the case, I'll update the notes. Haven't played G2 for a long time, might as well just give it a go in the next couple days.
I just re-downloaded G2Gold via Gog Galaxy, downloaded the G2NOTR SystemPack, tried to install it but the installer won't recognize the folder the game is installed in. It defaults to c:\program files\something but I have installed G2Gold in D:\Program Files\Gothic 2 Gold and when navigating to that area or any sub folder I can't click "ok" to proceed.
People using the Gothic 1 System Pack should be aware that removing the FPS limit (which is not optional) can cause a number of Problems related to jumping and sliding down ledges - you may end up sliding upwards, for example.

With a 60 Hz monitor you should be safe as long as you play in full screen mode, because VSync will be active automatically, and it seems with 60 FPS the problems don't happen yet. But in windowed mode (or borderless window from the System Pack as well), there will be no VSync and your FPS can easily get into the three-digit range, leading to the problems mentioned above. Forcing VSync with in the graphics driver doesn't work (at least not for me with a Radeon), and the only way I know that really works is using Dxtory to limit FPS to 60.
Post edited July 31, 2018 by Pherim
Al3xand3r: I just re-downloaded G2Gold via Gog Galaxy, downloaded the G2NOTR SystemPack, tried to install it but the installer won't recognize the folder the game is installed in. It defaults to c:\program files\something but I have installed G2Gold in D:\Program Files\Gothic 2 Gold and when navigating to that area or any sub folder I can't click "ok" to proceed.
I'm having the same problem, does anyone know how to fix this?
If someone could just put all the prequisites and stuff to get the DX11 mod working in a gothic 2 gold installation that would be nice... Just the files to copy paste and overwrite the proper folders, no installers and stuff, no bunch of different downloads, all in one place, system packs, dx11 patch, whatever else is deemed the most necessary for the most polished experience (but not those that may introduce new bugs while fixing others) in a fully updated Windows 10... Why they don't put everything on a google drive for it to remain accessible instead of these private mirrors that eventually go down with inactivity which leads to going in circles looking for alternatives that may not even be the last versions made is beyond me.

I'm using dgVoodoo2 for now to run G2G in proper resolution without visual artifacts but that doesn't give the best performance at all and there seem to be some mouse control issues, I can kinda work around them with one edit in the config about "npc" turning or something like that which is actually about pc turning and labelled wrong and/or increasing my mouse sensitivity. Occasionally the character stops turning altogether but going in a menu and back out restores it.

This time I re-tried I couldn't even download some of the prequisites for the DX11 patch, the links were broken, but I had forgotten that as I was quoted above I had managed to download them in the past and couldn't install them anyway, lol, so a solution for that is also needed, which a simple repository with all the stuff for copy paste purposes would solve.

For such a classic game it sucks there doesn't seem to be an easy catch-all solution to run it like NewDark patches for Thief even though the mod community seems active in other ways with stuff like new textures, grass graphics, whatever else, but I guess those people already have the game working somehow, maybe on older Windows, and don't mess with it or care :(
Post edited December 28, 2018 by Al3xand3r
Can someone post a minimal set of patches and the order in which to install them? Per game? This stuff is pretty confusing.
hollunder: Can someone post a minimal set of patches and the order in which to install them? Per game? This stuff is pretty confusing.
Gothic I and II work well as is. GOG already installs some of the community patches.
Thanks, but they are still buggy. I'm now playing through Gothic 2 and there's at least one game breaking bug with Lares that prevents you from getting a ring segment and thus prevents you from getting at most of the NotR content and a nasty bug related to the magic wand that reduces your max mana.
I could fix both thanks to marvin mode, but I would have hoped that there would be patches fixing these kind of issues by now.
Al3xand3r: I just re-downloaded G2Gold via Gog Galaxy, downloaded the G2NOTR SystemPack, tried to install it but the installer won't recognize the folder the game is installed in. It defaults to c:\program files\something but I have installed G2Gold in D:\Program Files\Gothic 2 Gold and when navigating to that area or any sub folder I can't click "ok" to proceed.
rocketmantom: I'm having the same problem, does anyone know how to fix this?
I have literally the exact same problem help?
Same problem :(