It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

revolutionaryb: Left my computer on overnight only to wake up and find its stuck at 61% update. Tried to restart the update a few times only to have it stuck at 56% installation.

So i stopped the installation, and figured it might be something with the first game installation right? So i tried to verify and now it's downloading the whole game again? 58 gb download.

lol, joke of a platform.
Mine is stuck at 92% and I have it installed on a Samsung Evo 960 SSD. I guess the Gog Launcher is having troubles to patch the game correctly. At least I can still play the game with patch 1.03, but damn CDPR should've really delayed the release again.
BlackForestAdam: Does anyone know how big this update is supposed to be? It keeps claiming I don't have enough space to install the update, I have about 50GB free on the drive, cant image the update is that large
MrVegaBiggs: I have the exact same problem. Made some space on the disk but most of it is Windows and Programs so my current free space is 63Go. "Not enough" it says.

I think it either needs all the space the game requires as free space so it can move stuff and check all the files or it's a pure bug. The game currently takes 64Go so I'm almost there maybe ?

If we can"t, maybe we should uninstal/re-install the whole game.

Im contemplating installing it on the HDD but I don't want a PS4 experience...
BlackForestAdam: Does anyone know how big this update is supposed to be? It keeps claiming I don't have enough space to install the update, I have about 50GB free on the drive, cant image the update is that large
The Update requires about 60-65 GB of free space as it alters the existing game files and for this is creating temporary copies of them. So ya with like 65-70GB free you should be safe. 50 GB is not enough for sure
revolutionaryb: Left my computer on overnight only to wake up and find its stuck at 61% update. Tried to restart the update a few times only to have it stuck at 56% installation.

So i stopped the installation, and figured it might be something with the first game installation right? So i tried to verify and now it's downloading the whole game again? 58 gb download.

lol, joke of a platform.
SgtBeepBoop: THIS IS THE EXACT SAME ISSUE I AM FACING. Stuck on 56% for hours after the GOG restart.
Same here, for the people that have that issue a small workaround, it allowed me to play again.
- Start GoG
- Go in the settings => game features => disable autoupdate
- After that I cancelled the updates ( can be done from multiple place, I did from downloads)
- Wait for it to show it's deleted
- restart computer if needed

I can play again, without the patch but at least I can play.
MrVegaBiggs: I have the exact same problem. Made some space on the disk but most of it is Windows and Programs so my current free space is 63Go. "Not enough" it says.

I think it either needs all the space the game requires as free space so it can move stuff and check all the files or it's a pure bug. The game currently takes 64Go so I'm almost there maybe ?

If we can"t, maybe we should uninstal/re-install the whole game.

Im contemplating installing it on the HDD but I don't want a PS4 experience...
TT_TT_TT_TT:
TT_TT_TT_TT: The Update requires about 60-65 GB of free space as it alters the existing game files and for this is creating temporary copies of them. So ya with like 65-70GB free you should be safe. 50 GB is not enough for sure
Yup, freeing some space on my SSD made the update-process work. I had 59GB free before and needed around 70GB-75GB.
So I made some more space, up to 74Go, and it worked.

I can't say how much space exactly do you need but it seems to be indeed the same space the game requires so about 65Go.

Also it SEEMED to get stuck at 56% but it didn't, be patient : there is a reallocating space thing going on at this moment.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by MrVegaBiggs
For those with unlimited data and decent internet speed, its much faster and easier to delete the whole game installation and redownload the whole game from scratch instead of trying to figure out how to update the game through gog galaxy.

This is what I did, took about 5 hours to redownload the whole game and now it's working fine.
EcoSeis: Hello;

I just need to vent my frustration, from day one the launch of Cyberpunk has been a disaster, my PC froze and crashed 3 times doing the update through GOG Galaxy, today with the 1.04 patch it did the same again a few times, it just doesn't works, I uninstalled the app and tried the offline installer of the game plus the update, the update did exactly the same. What the hell is happening with those updates? What are they doing?

All this problems for a game that is a complete mess. It isn´t worth it. This game clearly isn´t ready for launch, and the GOG Galaxy won't be installed on my PC ever again.

I sincerely lost my respect for CDPR, seriously the situation for this game launch is unacceptable.
Nymourious: This post is pretty funny. you do realize the issue with updating is that their are that many people downloading it that the servers cant keep up, it isnt even their fault. you have to remember this is the biggest sale of a game from day one. Oh and i havent had any issues with the game at all.
Can you remind me when I said something about downloading time? I don't mind how much it takes, I said that every single time I tried to update the PC froze, and was completely unresponsive, and I had to do a hard reset myself, or it crashed the system, that isn't normal, a few times while doing the day one patch, and another few with the 600mb patch, and even when uninstalling the galaxy app, THAT ISN'T NORMAL.

I understand that you want to defend CDPR, I AM A HARDCORE FAN MYSELF, I did another post on the general discussion about my disappointment precisely because of that.

But please don't try to diminish or ridiculize my and many others problems with things that doesn't have anything to do with the matter I mentioned.
Nymourious: This post is pretty funny. you do realize the issue with updating is that their are that many people downloading it that the servers cant keep up, it isnt even their fault. you have to remember this is the biggest sale of a game from day one. Oh and i havent had any issues with the game at all.
panjakslik: You don't know what you are talking about, It has nothing to do with downloading.

The update has memory leak, if you try to install it, it just leaks on to the whole disk and fills it up (like over the top)...

The GOG client crashing ? That's your HDD/SSD being completely full !
GG if you have this game on C drive like me... (the update process filled up remaining 110Gb of my free space)
Thanks for the info, I didn't knew that, and I even tried to install the offline 27 parts bins with the update offline after uninstalling the game and app, and it did the same, I have 500gb free on my 970 Evo, so... there is a real problem.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by EcoSeis
I just left the GOG on to update for the last 15 hours, still 92%. I have 300Gb on my harddrive and actually downloading the game only too like 2-3 hours.

I can't cancell it, I can't uninstall the game. I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME. This is the most illogically frustrating game launch I've personally ever had.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by szopaw
MrVegaBiggs: So I made some more space, up to 74Go, and it worked.

I can't say how much space exactly do you need but it seems to be indeed the same space the game requires so about 65Go.

Also it SEEMED to get stuck at 56% but it didn't, be patient : there is a reallocating space thing going on at this moment.
So it seems it decompress on the C: drive ?

Because on the install drive D I have 400Go free, issue would come from the 25Gb available on C: ...

lol, joke of a platform.
I have the same :(
I have limited data, so i can't make all the update. Thanks CdPR.
varyne35: I have limited data, so i can't make all the update. Thanks CdPR.
In that case you can delete it and reload the whole thing as you automatically would download the final version.

I had to delete another game I haven't finished yet just to make enough space, which did hurt.

I think if you have several language packs installed these also count towards the final size which has to be secured...
It is about 5gigs for each language.
high rated
I was facing the same problem, I had my update stuck at 56%, then at 92%. But now I got it working again. I noticed that GOG was showing my play button greyed out many times, as if the game was running, and also my playtime was off the roof, like 52 hours today (and I have played like 6 maybe). So I started thinking if there was some background task that might be left running. And low behold, when I opened task manager, there was not one but two Cyberpunk 2077 tasks running, doing basically nothing and costing almost no resources. Well I pressed end task on both of them and almost immediately got notification that the update was installed. Hope this solution works for you people who might have the same problem.
Word of warning - Updates will create a X:\GOG\Cyberpunk 2077\!Temp folder for staging, that will double the space used for the game to ~120GB. My SSD barely has 4GB free since I have other games on it.Currently upstanding at 57% and crossing fingers.
Finsaki: I was facing the same problem, I had my update stuck at 56%, then at 92%. But now I got it working again. I noticed that GOG was showing my play button greyed out many times, as if the game was running, and also my playtime was off the roof, like 52 hours today (and I have played like 6 maybe). So I started thinking if there was some background task that might be left running. And low behold, when I opened task manager, there was not one but two Cyberpunk 2077 tasks running, doing basically nothing and costing almost no resources. Well I pressed end task on both of them and almost immediately got notification that the update was installed. Hope this solution works for you people who might have the same problem.
Hey, this worked for me. Thanks for the tip.