It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
This consts.py file made me go from having no connection to Ubisoft because it would instantly disconnect every time I connected it, to getting 4 or so hours of connection before having to reset it. Not perfect, but better and might help some of you.

https://github.com/wearepariah/galaxy-integration-uplay/blob/master/src/consts.py
ahbbb: ok, I'm a bit of a noob with this sort of stuff what do I need to do with the the url? am I supposed to copy and paste it somewhere?
Verosumatic: Once you get the appID and gnomeID from the Ubisoft login page do the following:

Go to:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\uplay_afb5a69c-b2ee-4d58-b916-f4cd75d4999a\

Open consts.py using Notepad or your preferred text editor

Replace line 15 with CLUB_APPID = "Whatever you got from the Ubisoft login screen"

Replace line 16 with: CLUB_GENOME_ID = "Whatever you got from the Ubisoft login screen"

Save file.

Make sure the numbers are in quotations as well.
Thanks for the solution! However, this is not the first time it happens. It will continue to do so as long as Ubisoft keep changing their APPID.
Post edited November 01, 2022 by bobyslick
JokeDeity: This consts.py file made me go from having no connection to Ubisoft because it would instantly disconnect every time I connected it, to getting 4 or so hours of connection before having to reset it. Not perfect, but better and might help some of you.

https://github.com/wearepariah/galaxy-integration-uplay/blob/master/src/consts.py
And thats it ! That is permanent solution !
I cannot see my APP ID and GENOME ID on the Webside - its still without any Informations on the Web...

I see only this "account.ubisoft.com/de-DE/account-information" or "ubisoftconnect.com/de-DE/" - not more... Have they hide this Informations?!
Cygsu: And thats it ! That is permanent solution !
Nope...this solution only works for a couple of hours then it disconnects. The "permanent" solution is to get the APPID and GENOME_ID from the login page. At least that works for a couple of months.
TilmannB: I cannot see my APP ID and GENOME ID on the Webside - its still without any Informations on the Web...

I see only this "account.ubisoft.com/de-DE/account-information" or "ubisoftconnect.com/de-DE/" - not more... Have they hide this Informations?!
Go to ubisoft.com and make sure that you are not logged in. Click on the picture at the top right corner and a new window will pop-up. look in the address bar...the website address should be:
https://connect.ubisoft.com/login?appId=random code&genomeId=random code
rheracles: But I don't understand, the bug dates from February 2022, we are at the end of October 2022, and it is still not fixed ? How is it possible?
JTQuincy: Apparently because the code maintainer is no longer active and the official git repo, where Galaxy grabs the code from, can't be modified.
Thanks, but then Galaxy is no longer maintained and will die ?
JokeDeity: This consts.py file made me go from having no connection to Ubisoft because it would instantly disconnect every time I connected it, to getting 4 or so hours of connection before having to reset it. Not perfect, but better and might help some of you.

awesome thanks

Thanks I'll give it a try
Post edited November 17, 2022 by fireryone
rheracles: Thanks, but then Galaxy is no longer maintained and will die ?
Most certainly, yes. Galaxy is already dead and doesn't know it.

As an alternative GOG could have one of their python programmers to create and maintain these scripts instead of relying on 3rd party programmers. After all they are the ones who advertise platform integration.
rheracles: Thanks, but then Galaxy is no longer maintained and will die ?
neumi5694: Most certainly, yes. Galaxy is already dead and doesn't know it.

As an alternative GOG could have one of their python programmers to create and maintain these scripts instead of relying on 3rd party programmers. After all they are the ones who advertise platform integration.
It would suck if Galaxy dies, I also use Playnite too and appreciate it, but I still prefer how Galaxy works (well, when it does) and its overall aesthetic.

Still, GOG still uses Galaxy as their storefront and installer, so I don't get this approach which they seem to have of just letting it wither and die on the vine.

Either they move to a much slimmer app that deals only with GoG games and abandon this project. or they finally buck up and start paying attention to this app again. I just can't imagine it's *that* arduous a task to get EA App and Ubisoft integration working again using CD Projekt's own staff.
Post edited November 30, 2022 by NitzWalsh
NitzWalsh: It would suck if Galaxy dies, I also use Playnite too and appreciate it, but I still prefer how Galaxy works (well, when it does) and its overall aesthetic.

Still, GOG still uses Galaxy as their storefront and installer, so I don't get this approach which they seem to have of just letting it wither and die on the vine.

Either they move to a much slimmer app the deals only with GoG games and abandon this project. or they finally buck up and start paying attention to this app again. I just can't imagine it's *that* arduous a task to get EA App and Ubisoft integration working again using CD Projekt's own staff.
It won't die, my answer was a tiny little bit ironic.

I totally agree on the last part. I don't get why they advertise the integration of external platforms, then rely on scripts made by externals.

But I guess they are busy displaying adds on game pages (DC VIllains in my case displays a add for Alien Isolation - which I already own - that's definitly a game Lego game players are interested in).

You saved my life! It works! Thank you
Verosumatic: Once you get the appID and gnomeID from the Ubisoft login page do the following:

Go to:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\uplay_afb5a69c-b2ee-4d58-b916-f4cd75d4999a\

Open consts.py using Notepad or your preferred text editor

Replace line 15 with CLUB_APPID = "Whatever you got from the Ubisoft login screen"

Replace line 16 with: CLUB_GENOME_ID = "Whatever you got from the Ubisoft login screen"

Save file.

Make sure the numbers are in quotations as well.
ahbbb: I don't see any such files named that in my directory
I still have this issue. Does the workaround still works?

I read other posts, you think GOG Galaxy is dying? I wonder why it is still in beta. This launcher is so cool so we can have all our games in one place

How can I install it?
Post edited December 27, 2022 by MrKoddy
Idk if this would help others but it helped me, I was getting instant loss of connection to Ubisoft connect, I digged around in this forum post and I manually added the appID and genomeID from the login page to the const.py file but it still disconnected. I noticed on line 22 in the sample URL or whatever that's written in the code, it had a language code of "en-US" in the URL. I personally live in the middle east so my link on ubisoft connect is in "en-GB" so I just replaced the former language code with the latter and everything worked. I highly doubt that's what did it but here is that anyways.