It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Currently looking at GOG Galaxy trying to install Cyberpunk 2077 and it's just showing a little loading spinner before I can even click the Install button. I was able to download from the actual website to do things manually, it's specifically GOG Galaxy that's broken. Even trying to reinstall GOG Galaxy took FOREVER before the installer even realized it was supposed to be downloading something. Whatever servers you're running this on need looking at.
Post edited November 23, 2022 by Korota
Definitely something going on as I am not able to download via the client or the site at this point.
Same problem. Also, Galaxy is not picking up all my installed games although Integrations show as connected under settings.
Catventurer: The situation is even worse when the bonus game only shows up as a "goodie" in that the bonus game item shows up in Galaxy but not as something you actually own. If you purchase Shadow Warrior (2013), you get Viscera Cleanup Detail Shadow Warrior as a bonus game. However because it is only a goodie item, Galaxy doesn't automatically think you own it.
neumi5694: Well, for goodies which come without their own product entry that's something to be expected. The goodie is not a GOG product and also won't get any updates, it "is as it is", to say so. It's not a game you bought. Also it won't show up in your list of owned games on the website.

Baldur's Gate TOS uses indeed one of the old installers (in my case the file is from 2014, but the version might be older) from before the Galaxy era and does not have Galaxy informations. What you can do here is to go to the Galaxy game page and say "import directory", select the directory where the game is installed. Then it will also be updated with the new Galaxy dll files.
I had tried that, and it didn't work - which is why I'm saying that it is an issue related to installing manually. Anyway it's no longer an issue for me personally as I'm switching over to Playnite due to other galaxy problems - namely the severe limits on how many games you can add or change artwork for.
something is definitely going on here, in a different discussion someone said the iPv6 is broken.
that can't be good.
Gaetan_Gouliere: Hi,

i can't download anything via GOG GALAXY since yesterday morning...
Nor games, nor bonus, nor anything...
Every time i try, after some wait, i've got the message "probleme de serveur" (i'm french) which appears !..
I'v tried with another PC and it's excatly the same, i think GOG gaot a server problem...
Same Here.
Catventurer: I had tried that, and it didn't work - which is why I'm saying that it is an issue related to installing manually.
Well, I did with that game it and it worked (Installer: setup_baldurs_gate1_2.0.0.20.exe). That's why I wrote that you should do that.
Just did it again, it was very simple:
1. install game (Galaxy was not running at that time, so I could make screenshots before the update)
2. go to game page in Galaxy and select "manage installation" -> "import directory"
3. be happy as the download of the additional Galaxy files starts (screenshot bg2)
4. play game through Galaxy

I have no idea what you did wrong.
Attachments:
Catventurer: I had tried that, and it didn't work - which is why I'm saying that it is an issue related to installing manually.
neumi5694: Well, I did with that game it and it worked (Installer: setup_baldurs_gate1_2.0.0.20.exe). That's why I wrote that you should do that.
Just did it again, it was very simple:
1. install game (Galaxy was not running at that time, so I could make screenshots before the update)
2. go to game page in Galaxy and select "manage installation" -> "import directory"
3. be happy as the download of the additional Galaxy files starts (screenshot bg2)
4. play game through Galaxy

I have no idea what you did wrong.
Thanks for the reply. It is a good suggestion in general, but I'm also having the issue where Galaxy is not finding all my installed games. But assuming this eventually does get fixed, I use Galaxy for two reasons. First, convenience, and second Galaxy automatically keeps my games updated. Galaxy has also tried to download updates for some of my installed games, and it failed on all attempts. Something has changed (e.g., Windows update, Galaxy client update, GOG's servers, etc.).

GOG - Please get this issue fixed as soon as possible! :-)
craig_s_russell: ... second Galaxy automatically keeps my games updated....
That you can disable
Manage Installation -> Configure -> Automatic updates.

Edit: And yes, there are some routing problems currently, depending on the provider, apparently because they moved their servers to a new location. The IPv4 routes seemto have been fixed by now, but some people still need to deactivate IPv6 in order to succeed. This is not a Galaxy problem, "the internet" (to say so) can't find the GOG servers, does not know how to reach them.
But yes, they could implement a fallback. If IPv6 fails, try IPv4. Most people don't even know what that means, let alone have any idea what would happen if they deactivate it.
Attachments:
Post edited November 25, 2022 by neumi5694
craig_s_russell: ... second Galaxy automatically keeps my games updated....
neumi5694: That you can disable
Manage Installation -> Configure -> Automatic updates.

Edit: And yes, there are some routing problems currently, depending on the provider, apparently because they moved their servers to a new location. The IPv4 routes seemto have been fixed by now, but some people still need to deactivate IPv6 in order to succeed. This is not a Galaxy problem, "the internet" (to say so) can't find the GOG servers, does not know how to reach them.
But yes, they could implement a fallback. If IPv6 fails, try IPv4. Most people don't even know what that means, let alone have any idea what would happen if they deactivate it.
Thanks for responding again. :-)

I'll look into the IPv6, but I want auto updates enabled in Galaxy. That's the main reason I use it.
Turning off IPv6 in Windows fixed the problem
craig_s_russell: Turning off IPv6 in Windows fixed the problem
Great!
BRO U ARE MY HERO THANK U SO FREAKEN MUCH I LOVE U I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THIS INSTALL SCREEN FOR CYBERPUNK WAS NOT WORKING THANK U YOU ARE A BLESSING WHY IS IT LIKE THAT THO???
Coolerman224: BRO U ARE MY HERO THANK U SO FREAKEN MUCH I LOVE U I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THIS INSTALL SCREEN FOR CYBERPUNK WAS NOT WORKING THANK U YOU ARE A BLESSING WHY IS IT LIKE THAT THO???
You're very welcome! But neumi5694 provided the solution. I just followed his advice. :-)
Also had to disable IPv6 for this to work, unfortunately this was after I had uninstalled the game I was trying to update so now I'm having to wait for that to redownload.

Seems like a simple solution would be to hotfix the client not to use ipv6 resolution until this is resolved.

Edit: hindsight, the client can't exactly update itself with this problem existing, can it? lol..
Post edited November 29, 2022 by chrisga1990