It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
RottenRotz: Galaxy 2.0 is crippled for many users,when can we expect some updates?its been more than two months since the last one
woytazGOG: If you haven't already, please report the problems you find via "Report issue" in the cogwheel dropdown.

Feature updates are coming soon(tm), and a bug fix update sooner(tm) :) I can't say more than that, though.

RottenRotz: Every custom cover on all of my 300 games just went missing.ughhh
woytazGOG: We had some problems yesterday with user overrides disappearing but they should be long resolved. Your covers should reappear after restarting Galaxy but it might take a while, depending on the size of your library. If they do not reappear after waiting, please contact support.
Covers fixed,thanks for reply
neumi5694: Bug: Time tracking is always active.

I disabled time tracking, still it shows the time I spent playing GOG games.

Where are these times stored anyway? Can I reset them or edit the file?
woytazGOG: Yes, unlike in 1.2 the game time in 2.0 is still shown when game time tracking setting is disabled. Since the setting is only for GOG games, we decided that it would look strange if the game time wasn't shown for GOG games but it was for all others....
I would say, it was a bad decision.
Of course you can't disable it for Steam and Uplay, but for GOG games and manually added games it should be disablabe.
Please let us disable any time tracking done by Galaxy.
After all that's one of the main reasons I decided to use Galaxy at all and why I buy GOG games.

I hate tracking and woudl do a couple of things to prevent it. If Galaxy now insists on tracking, that's the best reason not to use it.
Post edited February 27, 2020 by neumi5694
woytazGOG: Yes, unlike in 1.2 the game time in 2.0 is still shown when game time tracking setting is disabled. Since the setting is only for GOG games, we decided that it would look strange if the game time wasn't shown for GOG games but it was for all others....
neumi5694: I would say, it was a bad decision.
Of course you can't disable it for Steam and Uplay, but for GOG games and manually added games it should be disablabe.
Please let us disable any time tracking done by Galaxy.
After all that's one of the main reasons I decided to use Galaxy at all and why I buy GOG games.

I hate tracking and woudl do a couple of things to prevent it. If Galaxy now insists on tracking, that's the best reason not to use it.
Perhaps we mean different things when we say "tracking". Let me rephrase: when you disable the game time tracking setting, Galaxy will no longer upload your game time for GOG games. However, the game time that has already been uploaded remains unchanged. This is the same for both 1.2 and 2.0.

As an example, let's say I played some GOG game for 10 hours, then disabled game time tracking in the settings and played another 20 hours. Neither 1.2 nor 2.0 will upload that 20 hours of game time to my account. The difference is only that 1.2 will not show any game time and 2.0 will show the 10 hours I had before disabling game time tracking.
woytazGOG: Perhaps we mean different things when we say "tracking". Let me rephrase: when you disable the game time tracking setting, Galaxy will no longer upload your game time for GOG games. However, the game time that has already been uploaded remains unchanged. This is the same for both 1.2 and 2.0.

As an example, let's say I played some GOG game for 10 hours, then disabled game time tracking in the settings and played another 20 hours. Neither 1.2 nor 2.0 will upload that 20 hours of game time to my account. The difference is only that 1.2 will not show any game time and 2.0 will show the 10 hours I had before disabling game time tracking.
That would be the behaviour I expect, but sadly it doesn't work that way.

Edit: Or rather ... it didn't. I deactivated the checkbox the moment I installed Galaxy. But it did track the time anyway (for GOG games and games from humble or gamejolt which don't require a launcher or other DRM software).
I tried now again with the current version (I also activated the option to test beta features) and didn't see that happen.
What I DID, was to activate the option and then deactivate it again. Maybe that fixed it, who knows?
Post edited February 27, 2020 by neumi5694
even after this last update, galaxy keeps on hanging/crashing on every cloud sync... this is happening for months now!

when will it be solved?
I've been using an older version of Galaxy for years and today I switched to 2.0. I loved the pre-2.0 version.

After spending a couple of hours navigating around the 2.0's interface, here are some things that stuck out like a sore thumb to me and which I hate immensely:

My "Downloads" page is apparently permanently cluttered up with dozens of items of "pending updates." I have already cancelled them out of my "Active" downloads...which is also another problem, that Galaxy 2.0 automatically put all them there in "Active Downloads" against my will, solely because the "Update games automatically" setting is on by default, which it shouldn't be. I had to manually click an X on all of those games one by one, and then the "Abort download" button too, which was very annoying (the "Clear all" button did not remove them from my "Active Downloads" section).

Yet after doing that, all those games are still on my "Downloads" page anyway, no longer under the "Active" section, yet instead under the "Available Updates" section, even though I very much don't want them there at all, ever, period.

By putting them there, Galaxy is automatically assuming that I will want to install all of those updates at some point in the near future, even though I won't. Galaxy should therefore not be making the assumption the updates are a great thing and all GOG customers will always want all of their games to be updated.

The games that I haven't updated, I have kept un-updated on purpose, either because I've already beat them and have no desire to play them again in the foreseeable future (and hence no reason to waste the bandwidth and/or storage space to download the updates), or because I won't feel like playing and/or won't have time to play those games until a long time into the future, or because in some cases, the most recent update breaks some of my games' functionality and so using the older un-updated version is preferable.

If I should ever want updates for those games, when I would manually seek them out if/when I choose to play those games again and if I find the updates to be useful to my use case.

In the mean time, I don't need Galaxy shoving those updates all up in my face by irremovably forcing their unwanted presence onto my Downloads page.

So why is there no 'X' to cancel all the "Pending" updates off of my Downloads page, just like there is an X to remove downloads out of the "Completed" section of the Downloads page? There should be.

There also should be an X next to the heading "Available Updates," so that I can remove that whole entire section from my "Downloads" page and never have to see it at all.

The pre-2.0 versions of Galaxy handled this issue much better, by simply putting a non-intrusive blue dot next to games for which an update is available. That method is good because with it, I can notice that an update option is there, yet still easily ignore the option if I don't want to use it. The non-intrusiveness of the blue dot it is what makes it good.

Whereas in stark contrast, with 2.0, then I have this very intrusive list of dozens of games permanently cluttering up my Downloads page, and nothing I can do to remove it. That's terrible. That greatly interferes with my ability to manage the downloads of games & updates which I actually want to download, and it makes using the 2.0 interface a very uncomfortable experience.

Please GOG fix this problem, such as by:

a) reverting to the old & much-superior blue dot system from the pre-2.0 versions and/or

b) adding an X button next to the "Available Updates" section of the Downloads page and/or more X buttons which are also put next to the individual games which are listed under that heading

c) make the "Available Updates" section of the Downloads page permanently hide-able with a hide button that is placed right next to the heading.

d) move "Available Updates" off of the Downloads page entirely, and instead put it in it's own separate tab called "Updates," that users can permanently ignore if they so choose (which I definitely would) simply by never clicking on it. This new Updates tab could be placed under the tab for "Downloads" in the left column, where it currently lists the tabs "Recent," "Installed, "All Games," "Downloads."
Post edited February 28, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Gog Galaxy 2 is bad. It installs game at about a 90% failed rate (missing files, application errors, incompatibility issues,). Not to mention the clunky interface and significantly lower download speeds for some reason. I use it exclusively for games that I bought on gog and haven't even thought about syncing accounts, which is a totally useless idea imo. I'll be using the old galaxy, but I assume it will be abandoned and replaced completely. I've tried workarounds to get many of these games to function again, but its a pain in the ass and something I don't like having to do (which is why I liked gog so much more than steam in the first place). Probably going to have to use downloader after the old client is phased out and hope that works, otherwise I'll buy the games on Steam and play them there. Not spending a dime here in the future if that's the case. Unless this is fixed, you've completely ruined the best site to buy games with this crap.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by Death2Zombies
Now I have more experience with Galaxy 2.0, and I noticed further downgrades from the pre-2.0 version that I must comment on and that I hope GOG will fix:

Point #1: The "Play" button is located in a horrible position. I prefer to have my games listed in a column list via the "List" view. This puts my list of games towards the lefthand side of the screen, where they should be.

However - there is where the huge problem comes in - the Play button is inexplicably towards the top righthand side of the screen.

As a result of this horrible placement of the Play button, I have to drag my arm across a long-distance marathon (meaning, the distance between the spot on my screen where the game appears in the game's list, and the different very-far-away spot on the screen where the Play button appears) every time I want to a launch a game.

And then later, when I want to go back to my games' list again, I have to drag my arm across a second long-distance marathon, which is the opposite of the first (either to reach the "Back arrow" of the Galaxy interface, or to reach the "Installed" tab).

To fix this problem, the Play button should be re-located, and placed in the part of the screen just-above where it says "Activity" once you click on a game in your game's list.

That would be an infinitely better place for the Play button, and it would remove both of these long-distance arm-dragging marathons which I've just described.

As it stands now, the awful placement of the Play button makes the 2.0 interface very arduous & aggravating to use.

Point #2: The 2.0 interface is also very arduous & aggravating to use because when you click on a game in your games' list, then it very annoyingly removes your game's list from your screen, and switches you to a new screen that features only the title you clicked on, whilst simultaneously denying you access to view your list and/or to click on your other games.

Pre-2.0 versions of Galaxy are vastly better than 2.0, because the pre-2.0 versions do not remove your game's list from the screen when you click on one of the games in your list. By not ever removing your games list from your screen, pre-2.0 Galaxy makes navigating your library and launching your games much more comfortable and easier than it is in the much-worse, games-list-removing style of version 2.0.

So please GOG, revert the games list navigation functionality back to exactly how it was in it's pre-2.0 style, where you can quickly & easily click on all your installed in your games list without ever being transferred to a different screen which removes your view of your games list.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Death2Zombies: Gog Galaxy 2 is bad. It installs game at about a 90% failed rate (missing files, application errors, incompatibility issues,). Not to mention the clunky interface and significantly lower download speeds for some reason. I use it exclusively for games that I bought on gog and haven't even thought about syncing accounts, which is a totally useless idea imo. I'll be using the old galaxy, but I assume it will be abandoned and replaced completely. I've tried workarounds to get many of these games to function again, but its a pain in the ass and something I don't like having to do (which is why I liked gog so much more than steam in the first place). Probably going to have to use downloader after the old client is phased out and hope that works, otherwise I'll buy the games on Steam and play them there. Not spending a dime here in the future if that's the case. Unless this is fixed, you've completely ruined the best site to buy games with this crap.
Its still in beta mmmkay?
Would it be possible to eventually be able to add a "Big Picture mode" like steam so that I can connect a PC to my TV (LG B9 OLED 2019 has GSYNC)?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Now I have more experience with Galaxy 2.0, and I noticed further downgrades from the pre-2.0 version that I must comment on and that I hope GOG will fix:

Point #1: The "Play" button is located in a horrible position. I prefer to have my games listed in a column list via the "List" view. This puts my list of games towards the lefthand side of the screen, where they should be.

However - there is where the huge problem comes in - the Play button is inexplicably towards the top righthand side of the screen.

As a result of this horrible placement of the Play button, I have to drag my arm across a long-distance marathon (meaning, the distance between the spot on my screen where the game appears in the game's list, and the different very-far-away spot on the screen where the Play button appears) every time I want to a launch a game.

And then later, when I want to go back to my games' list again, I have to drag my arm across a second long-distance marathon, which is the opposite of the first (either to reach the "Back arrow" of the Galaxy interface, or to reach the "Installed" tab).

To fix this problem, the Play button should be re-located, and placed in the part of the screen just-above where it says "Activity" once you click on a game in your game's list.

That would be an infinitely better place for the Play button, and it would remove both of these long-distance arm-dragging marathons which I've just described.

As it stands now, the awful placement of the Play button makes the 2.0 interface very arduous & aggravating to use.

Point #2: The 2.0 interface is also very arduous & aggravating to use because when you click on a game in your games' list, then it very annoyingly removes your game's list from your screen, and switches you to a new screen that features only the title you clicked on, whilst simultaneously denying you access to view your list and/or to click on your other games.

Pre-2.0 versions of Galaxy are vastly better than 2.0, because the pre-2.0 versions do not remove your game's list from the screen when you click on one of the games in your list. By not ever removing your games list from your screen, pre-2.0 Galaxy makes navigating your library and launching your games much more comfortable and easier than it is in the much-worse, games-list-removing style of version 2.0.

So please GOG, revert the games list navigation functionality back to exactly how it was in it's pre-2.0 style, where you can quickly & easily click on all your installed in your games list without ever being transferred to a different screen which removes your view of your games list.
Everything about this post is ridiculous. If you are trolling, then congratulations, you got me.
Hello, GOG Team!
There are one little problem with GOG Galaxy 2.0. I can't buy game franchise in GOG Galaxy 2.0 launcher. The command is not working. I must add each game seperatly in the cart. For example, i was trying to buy "The Suffering" franchise (there are 2 games total) from GOG Galaxy 2.0. I clicked "buy all series" and nothing happened. This function is working on your website, but not in the GOG Galaxy 2.0 launcher.
Attachments:
Improvement Suggestions:

- Look at what exophase are doing and copy any good idea/implementation they have.
- Add the option for multiple accounts from the same platforms. I have 2 Origin accounts where I played different games. I can't include all of them with a single Origin account.
- Add Epic Games, Armor Games and other clients that exophase includes such as Google Play Games.
- Have a phone app.
- Make sure family shared games on Steam count. I can't see any of the family shared games I played, in my GOG GALAXY 2.0 library. Again, exophase has it.
- Add Uplay achievements.
- Make sure Origin game trials don't count twice in the playtime.
- Make the friend's list like that on Steam. Show offline friends and have favourite friends. Better yet, sync my favourite friends on steam to GOG GALAXY 2.0.
Attachments:
untitled.jpg (96 Kb)
Post edited March 14, 2020 by Ehud_Kirsh
Bringing together games from 6 different launchers into one. Something we've needed for a long time.

There's one small problem. Very minor. Barely worth mentioning.

If you have more than 100 games, trying to sort them all is an experience so painful it requires it's own circle of hell.

I've tried to sort them all. God knows I've tried. The pain resurfaces everytime I glance at the Galaxy icon.

Please prioritize the ability to select multiple games and edit/remove Tags.

Please.
I just... please.
Attachments:
Gog Galaxy is very limited compared to Playnite so I use Gog Galaxy only for integrations of platforms ...
Post edited May 06, 2020 by Boumouse