It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
I can add games manually if I mark them as owned. They then appear in the category "others". Is there a way to undo this ? I can not find a way to delete manually added games.
flowingMind: I can add games manually if I mark them as owned. They then appear in the category "others". Is there a way to undo this ? I can not find a way to delete manually added games.
The right-most button when viewing the game is a dropdown menu, you'll have the option to unlink an executable or remove the game completely from your library.:)
flowingMind: I can add games manually if I mark them as owned. They then appear in the category "others". Is there a way to undo this ? I can not find a way to delete manually added games.
Artfactial: The right-most button when viewing the game is a dropdown menu, you'll have the option to unlink an executable or remove the game completely from your library.:)
Many thanks. That helped me alot. However, it was not so easy. For example I first added red dead redemption II manually because the Rockstar Launcher was not listed.
Today I installed the Rockstar launcher over Git hub.
I then had the manually installed game and the game installed on the Rockstar launcher listet in the library. The game was displayed with two sources and it was not possible to delete the manually installed game.
I had to disconnect the launcher integration first. Then I was able to delete the manually added game from the library like you suggested to me. After this I connected the launcher again and everything was fine.
SHREDDER007: Every time I attempt to sign in to PSN I get a connection error: "A connection to the server could not be established."
Same here (Poland). It seems PSN is blocking GOG or PSN integration fails. Definitely a bigger problem outside our accounts or computers.
unable to launch any game from Uplay & Epic library, steam works fine. please help.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by madmac0007
GOG galaxy activity page broken. Activity page does not show recent game history but shows 2-12 months old game history.

This morning, when I started GOG Galaxy, Epic Games store integration was disconnected.
Hi GoG team,

I really have enjoyed using 2.0 for a couple of months now. In the future are we going to not have the need of other launchers open to play non GoG titles.

Also will we have an option to add twitch games to our library and battle.net?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
So I just recently got 2.0, and have had a few days to use it. So far I REALLY like what I am seeing! Well done GoG team! (

I'll assume that most of what I will suggest has been suggested. However it is an assumption on my part as there is far too much reading to do before it could be anything but that lol. So without further ado;

- I would like to be able to add my friends list from discord in addition to the other various options already available.

- I would like a profile page with some degree of customization possible. (ie wallpapers, achievement showcase, screen shot showcase, etc.) I seem to have a profile on the original version of GoG, but not 2.0 unless I am missing something(?)

- I get the distinct impression that you are already working on this one, but just in case... I would really like to be notified of messages received on other platforms (even if I have to log into them to read/respond). Being able to chat across platforms via text and/or voice would be amazing!

....now this one is a tough one and it may not be possible, so I will call this a wish not a request lol

I would LOVE to be able to get DLC on GoG for games I own on Steam (or elsewhere but for me just Steam would suffice). Rather than having to get them from Steam. Example I have most of Stellaris on Steam. For "reasons" I would not like to spend one further penny with Valve. So if I could get the remaining DLC from GoG we'd both win. Assuming one does not die trying to make such a wish possible of course lol. Alternatively if I could just migrate my Stellaris license over to GoG, then that would work for me too.

Overall I am impressed though, keep up the great work ! :D
Spleen-Splitta: Hi GoG team,

I really have enjoyed using 2.0 for a couple of months now. In the future are we going to not have the need of other launchers open to play non GoG titles.

Also will we have an option to add twitch games to our library and battle.net?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
The launchers are the DRM method these games use, so unless it is DRM free, or a title that can be permanently moved to GoG (which is a muddy process requiring several people to agree from what I can gather) then yes. It will need to open the platform that you have the license with to use the appropriate launcher.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by Yama-Kami
WDaigle: Adding Origin I get "Importing Origin" and the games come in.

With Steam, nothing happens.

But, like I said, if I add a Steam game manually, it shows me my Steam stats.

What gives?
Is your steam account setting set to private? I'm not sure here, so this is just an guess. For most things to interact with a Steam account, the profile must be set to public (on Steam). I do not know if this is the case with GoG 2.0. That said my Steam account is public, and it got all 400+ of my Steam games into my GoG 2.0 library. Without any issues either, aside from the odd game having bizarre cropping for the image. Which is IMHO par for the course in beta.
Hi,
I downloaded open beta and everything works fine. But I cannot see my friend's statistics across all platforms (as it is showned and telled in the new video). Is this feature still missing or what I'm doing wrong?
As it is written on GOG page: See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.
For me, the activity feed isn't working at all. It's just giving me an error - "Sorry, we couldn't load the data. Retry" and "Retry" doesn't work - same error over and over. Where does GOG Galaxy 2.0 get the "Activity" data from, anyway?
Just some things to report from the beta:

I noticed that the client re-imports a lot of games when starting, especially Uplay games (it seems). Is that because of the the way the connection to uplay is made? As you don't tend to lose games on a platforms, isn't it more efficient to just add the new games?

Today I've tried to install a game, but that doesn't work through galaxy; I get a "Installation failed (E9)" error.
Galaxy suggests to uninstall the game I couldn't install, but that of course doesn't work :P I get a "Uninstall failed (E15)" error.
Installing with another client starts the client (steam) just fine.

Downloading through the website works fine though.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by Gromuhl
Still no Galaxy for Linux, still no money from me... The more years the "in progress" LIE persists, the less likely GoG will EVER see a single thin dime of my money. Steam and Humble currently get the lion's share of my game purchases, and will continue to for the forseeable future.
What I miss is the option to add custom startup options; for example I would like to start Fallout New Vegas through my modmanager instead of the direct .exe (or even New vegas script extender executable). This is not possible at the moment. Same with launchers as the wxLauncher for the Freespace 2 Source Code Project.

Ironically steam does have this option. You can add custom executables. (This way you can also easily stream non-steam games through in home streaming)

Because of this I still use my desktop as my favourite "launcher" because I like install mods on a lot of games.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by Gromuhl
Not having community forums in the client is a huge mistake. The store page needs to be easier to navigate and save to wishlist from anywhere; it's poor form to require that many separate clicks to wishlist something. and all of this needs to be implemented in the client. Ease of use issues abound, I'm sure they will be worked out. It's looking good for a beta but it looks to be early days.

Maybe you should grab some of that Witcher 3 money and/or kidnap one of those ceos and demand more resources.