It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
ziplock9000: Apart from a handful of months of god updates this project is essentially in maintenance mode with nothing of any significance added to it
I agree. Many promised features are still missing and the client is still in beta, usable but can be so much better. I mostly use it for GOG games now.
What about the security vulnerability that is current on Galaxy 2.0 that's still current on the latest version? The vulnerability hasn't been fixed for almost two years since it was discovered.
What a hair pulling experience that is GOG galaxcy 2, makes a very un enjoyable time before gaming. It wont remember my preferences, GOG or Steam lumped together, searching is hard as hell, the colours are hard on my eyes. I hate it that much I started buying games again on steam rather than get tortured by this client. So like a very nice breath of fresh air I reinstalled the old client, fan bloody fantastic. I will never go back to version 2, I would rather delete all my GOG games than endure this garbage.
zippythezip: I hate it that much I started buying games again on steam rather than get tortured by this client.
With Steam having been a known health risk that Valve has actively refused to fix for over 2 years and counting at this point, I think "tortured" is more appropriate for their platform than GOG.

Not that Galaxy 2.0 is any good, but with it being optional, and with there being valid ways to revert to 1.2 (something Valve has taken steps to prevent in spite of knowing some users have literal medical ground to NEED access to the older client), it's definitely less of a problem than what Steam causes for some of us.
Post edited January 23, 2022 by obliviondoll
zippythezip: I hate it that much I started buying games again on steam rather than get tortured by this client.
obliviondoll: With Steam having been a known health risk that Valve has actively refused to fix for over 2 years and counting at this point, I think "tortured" is more appropriate for their platform than GOG.

Not that Galaxy 2.0 is any good, but with it being optional, and with there being valid ways to revert to 1.2 (something Valve has taken steps to prevent in spite of knowing some users have literal medical ground to NEED access to the older client), it's definitely less of a problem than what Steam causes for some of us.
I do feel better now I am using the 1.2 vbersion. Would you know if you can remove the blue update bar along the bottom?
zippythezip: I do feel better now I am using the 1.2 vbersion. Would you know if you can remove the blue update bar along the bottom?
Unfortunately, beyond "it sometimes just doesn't show up" i haven't found a way to fix that one... it just sometimes isn't a problem.
Anyone know why games won't update?

Just says "Update Failed."
has anyone noticed the damn glitch?

however the critical glitch of refunding a game and yet retaining full access to game files which are playable as normal should have been fixed by now
buy game -> install-> refund request-> wait for approval of fund to wallet -> wallet fund loaded -> buy new game.....
an infinite cycle of which i even have taken advantage off.
PLEASE FIND THIS
ALL MY BUG REPORT SEEMS TO BE FOR NOTHING

GOG GALAXY 2.0 WILL GIVE U ALL OF GOG LIBRARY FOR JUS ONE LOAD OF BALANCE TO WALLET!
PLEASE FIX THIS BEFORE IT BREAKS GOG AND ITS MAIN COMPANY!
Post edited April 27, 2022 by shoxs84
Thank you so much for allowing us to customize our recent page. It is much appreciated. I can now finally toggle off all those distracting stuff and concentrate on my own recent games for quick launch. If I can add another suggestion, get rid entirely of the dead space that was occupied by 'Friends Activity"(if toggled off) and allow owners recents to spill over into the area.
My faith to GOG has been restored . After the long period with the " recent " tab issues ,a nd the " downloads " tab sometimes appearing and some times not , the 2.0.48 Beta verion of GALAXY and the 2.0.49 Hotfix which fixed the the client crashes / error that appeared after 2.0.48 Beta , GOG Galaxy now works fine, along with the much wanted " check for Galaxy updates " button now showing that it works properly .
I really dislike that the "GAMES" section of the left bar was put at the bottom of everything, now I always have to scroll down to select the lists of games.
Why is "Games" at the bottom of everything on the left sidebar now? Putting "Deals" above it has just made me disable it from the options and I have noticeably visited the store less because of this. Either let us move them or put it back to the bottom, I have a feeling I'm not alone in thinking that until its moved back I'm just going to hide it and therefore likely visit the store less and because of that am likely to not purchase as much.
Chit569: Why is "Games" at the bottom of everything on the left sidebar now? Putting "Deals" above it has just made me disable it from the options and I have noticeably visited the store less because of this. Either let us move them or put it back to the bottom, I have a feeling I'm not alone in thinking that until its moved back I'm just going to hide it and therefore likely visit the store less and because of that am likely to not purchase as much.
Given the issues with Galaxy 2.0 forcing me to revert to 1.2, and support's poor handling of contacts over the past couple of years (frequent multi-month escalating to a recent nearly 6 month wait for a reply, and tickets going unrecolved across multiple such long-delay responses), I've been actively choosing not to spend money on games I'm interested in when this is the only place I cen get them. I still consider GOG to be a place where I can get games, which puts it well above Steam (since buying there literally doesn't give me access to a game any more), but the fact that I'm making the comparison to a company who's spent 2 and a half years KNOWING their platform is causing actual harm to customers and refuses to fix the problem reflects poorly on GOG. Even not being that bad, just being bad enough to warrant me pointing there to say "at least you're better than that" is a bad sign.

I've recently started moving my GOG wishlist to Epic instead, because I'm getting to the point of having more faith in THAT mess than this one.
In the last patch the play button on the grid view disappeared... is only present whith the list view :(
powergod: In the last patch the play button on the grid view disappeared... is only present whith the list view :(
Try customizing the view and enabling *Status*.