It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG Galaxy 2.0.51.58 doesn't work on MacOS Mojave. Can I downgrade to a client that works on 10.14.6 and how? Thanks.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
sfts: GOG Galaxy 2.0.51.58 doesn't work on MacOS Mojave. Can I downgrade to a client that works on 10.14.6 and how? Thanks.
I have the same problem with no clear solution yet. I can't upload any of my purchases with GOG GALAXY 2, because of the compatibility issue!
Attachments:
I'm in a hurry with an update ! WE all old Mac OS owners, I mean all Mojave users do not need to use the incompatible GOG Galaxy 2.0.51.58 version, because we can down load our purchases directly!

SOLVED!
Attachments:
gog.jpg (313 Kb)
sfts: GOG Galaxy 2.0.51.58 doesn't work on MacOS Mojave. Can I downgrade to a client that works on 10.14.6 and how? Thanks.
Indeed it would be nice to have a GOG Galaxy which would run on Mojave, and even if it only would be an older version.

Unfortunately GOG Galaxy updated itself to an incompatible version.

Note that Mojave is the last macOS that still supports 32 Bit Binaries. So if you have such Games, you cannot and should not upgrade.
Okona: Indeed it would be nice to have a GOG Galaxy which would run on Mojave, and even if it only would be an older version.
GOG Galaxy 2.0.50.32 for Mac, if anyone needs it. It's the version from May 9th 2022, right before the OS requirement was bumped to macOS 10.15. See the change log for details.

I don't know how you'd prevent it from automatically updating on a Mac. On Windows, there's a data folder and in there, ...\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\GalaxyUpdater.exe handles the updates. If you can find its equivalent and either block it in your firewall or maybe just delete it, that should do the trick.
Ice_Mage: I don't know how you'd prevent it from automatically updating on a Mac.
Mine's apparently 2.0.46.219 and hasn't tried to update itself. I remember it wanted to install a "helper" daemon which I wouldn't let it do; maybe that has something to do with updates. If there's anything Galaxy-related in the Users & Groups/Login Items preferences, I'd get rid of it.
Thanks to the link you give, I installed GOG Galaxy 2.0.50.32 on Mojave.

Alas, as soon as Galaxy starts, it asks for an elevation of privileges, presumably to update to a newer version (the dialog box is lacking in explanation). When denied the password, the application closes almost immediately.

GOG Galaxy 2.0.50.32, compatible with Mojave, does not seem to be usable anymore on this version of the operating system.

EDIT:

It was finally feasible to remove the automatic update mechanism for the Galaxy launcher. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think I did:

- let Galaxy close itself;
- move the Galaxy/ folder in "/Users/Shared/GOG.com/" to another location, for example on the desktop;
- start Galaxy; it recreates a new folder Galaxy/, in "/Users/Shared/GOG.com/", but the content of this new folder is partial, not everything is recreated;
- accept the elevation of privileges;
- the update attempt fails, because the update utility is in the old Galaxy/ folder, which has been moved away;
- confirm the error message and let Galaxy close;
- from the old Galaxy/ folder on the desktop, move the subfolders "redists/", "Storage/" (and for good form "changelogs/" as well) to the new Galaxy/ folder in "/Users/Shared/GOG.com/" (so moving them back);
- restart Galaxy; it shows an error message again, but this time it doesn't close automatically anymore.
- configure your account and settings in Galaxy, close it manually;
- there is no error message anymore;
- restart Galaxy; it doesn't close automatically anymore;
- there are no more error messages;
- Galaxy 2.0.50.32 can be used normally on OS.X Mojave.

Again, I did this by trial and error, didn't take notes, and am not sure I have memorized every step.

Hopefully this will help other Apple users.
Post edited January 03, 2023 by Golffies