It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Okay. I got it. Awesome.

Didn't want to miss out on another game that left the store before I could get it. D:
Post edited December 30, 2012 by johnki
TheEnigmaticT: FYI; I believe that all gift codes are good for a year. So anything you buy should be redeemed within a year of the purchase.
Could we please get something more definite on that? What happens after a year? Do the gift vouchers turn into generic ones or do they expire?
Post edited December 30, 2012 by Mrstarker
When they say "end of the year" does that mean at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, or at some point on the 1st Jan, or even before any of that? Current funds don't permit an immediate purchase but they may do on the morning of the 1st.

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else in the thread.
I bought my copy a while ago so I'm save. Also I have a copy on my harddrive... just to get sure.

As others wrote before gog-team please inform your customers a little bit earlier (if possible), more detailed and maybe a little bit more public (news/frontpage)

A good idea might be also to email those people who have the game on their wishlist. So they have a slightly better chance to purchase that item before takedown. This might also help to push your sales on the finish line. :-)

edit: As I just found out you put that information on your FB-Site, too. That's a good start. But you might consider the other ideas in this threat.
Post edited December 30, 2012 by Giudichar
Regarding the confusion with the codes, there are 2 types of codes. The gift codes, with content that was paid-for and the bonus codes, with content freely given by the staff.

Bonus codes have a limited validity, the expiration date info comes with the code. Gift codes are valid until redeemed, that is, they do not have an expiration date.

EDIT:
Quoting JuriJ's response to my enquiry:

Hello
Bonus codes have time limitation as they usually connect with some promo action, so we want them to be redeemed in a proper time. Gift codes as they are paid by users and supposed to be a gifts do not have any time validations.
Regards,
JuriJ
GOG.com Support
Post edited December 31, 2012 by Densetsu
Gremmi: When they say "end of the year" does that mean at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, or at some point on the 1st Jan, or even before any of that? Current funds don't permit an immediate purchase but they may do on the morning of the 1st.

The game will be removed from sale at 4.59am GMT on the 1st of January.
That makes me sad, it was always my favorite game :/
Gremmi: When they say "end of the year" does that mean at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, or at some point on the 1st Jan, or even before any of that? Current funds don't permit an immediate purchase but they may do on the morning of the 1st.

TurnipSlayerr: The game will be removed from sale at 4.59am GMT on the 1st of January.
Why is XIII removed from the catalog?
I planned to buy this game... and now I don't have the money for it.

Well, that's life.
TurnipSlayerr: The game will be removed from sale at 4.59am GMT on the 1st of January.
Terpor: Why is XIII removed from the catalog?
Not sure if I can say, sorry.
high rated
Ydrisselle: I planned to buy this game... and now I don't have the money for it.

Well, that's life.
You can have it on me. I think it's a great game and more people should experience it. Check your PM for gift code.
Ydrisselle: I planned to buy this game... and now I don't have the money for it.

Well, that's life.
markx182: You can have it on me. I think it's a great game and more people should experience it. Check your PM for gift code.
Thank you! I think I'll start to play it right now :)
markx182: You can have it on me. I think it's a great game and more people should experience it. Check your PM for gift code.
Ydrisselle: Thank you! I think I'll start to play it right now :)
Let people know what you think of it in the Game's subforum after you are done :)
Ydrisselle: Thank you! I think I'll start to play it right now :)
Roman5: Let people know what you think of it in the Game's subforum after you are done :)
I will :)
I chanced to buy this yesterday, glanced at its forum and suddenly learnt how narrowly I'd been fortunate.

Giudichar: That's a good start. But you might consider the other ideas in this threat.
Love the Freudian slip. :-)