It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heroes of Might and Magic series, Farcry 1&2, Prince of Persia series, Settlers 3, and many more Ubisoft games 50% off, until Tuesday, May 21 at 3:59AM GMT

So, we've heard you like variety. We can relate, everyone loves browsing and picking their favorites. That's why we thought Ubisoft catalog would make for a terrific weekend promo. You can pick and mix from a selection of about 40 [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513]Top Ubisoft Titles, 50% off this weekend. Games of all age, shape, and size await you in the promo page. Whatever your taste in games might be, you'll find something nice and exciting to make your weekend more entertaining. Let's take a quick look at one or two titles, shall we?

Heroes of Might and Magic is a game series so prominent, that it surely needs no introduction. In fantasy turn-based strategies it's quite hard to find a match for this legendary saga that challenges our strategic and management skills since the year 1996. Based on the successful setting of the fan-favorite classic cRPG, Might and Magic, it achieved a great balance between accessibility and complexity that resonates perfectly with gamers. After all these years Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition is still considered by many to be the perfect 4X turn-based title. Some fans, however, prefer the more modern Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle, that takes the beloved mechanics into the beautiful realm of 3D graphics. That's only two titles, though. All of our Might and Magic games, strategy and RPG alike, can be found 50% off in the promo page.

and [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/far_cry_2_fortunes_edition]Farcry 2 introduced a new quality to the First-Person Shooter genre. With large, seamless locations, varied environment, open-ended gameworld, and a healthy dose of realism (just enough to make the combat believable, while keeping it entertaining and fast), it gave the shooter fans the best kind of story-driven sandbox experience. It's also worth noting, that the graphics in both games look excellent even now, years after release. If you enjoy FPS games, these two undoubtedly belong in your GOG.com DRM-free collection.

Right, let's stop here. We don't want to spoil the excitement of discovering what other gems await you in the promo page. Well let you find out that games such as Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, and Rayman Forever are also 50% off this weekend all for yourselves. Ooops. Let's just pretend that didn't happen. You should go to the promo page, now. The promo lasts until Tuesday, May 21 at 3:59AM GMT.
Crosmando: Anyone here played that Settlers remake? Decent?
I have it and think it's excellent. One of two games in this package I'm looking to buy. Love the game though, and if you can get Vikings somehow, it's even better. Wish it was possible to auto-generate maps though. It's the only thing it's missing.

The other game I'm looking at is Beyond Good and Evil. I've seen some comments that the controls may not be good for the PC. Have anyone tried it? Can you recommend it?
Crosmando: Anyone here played that Settlers remake? Decent?
Pangaea666: I have it and think it's excellent. One of two games in this package I'm looking to buy. Love the game though, and if you can get Vikings somehow, it's even better. Wish it was possible to auto-generate maps though. It's the only thing it's missing.
There's DLC that's not included?
Pangaea666: I have it and think it's excellent. One of two games in this package I'm looking to buy. Love the game though, and if you can get Vikings somehow, it's even better. Wish it was possible to auto-generate maps though. It's the only thing it's missing.
JaqFrost: There's DLC that's not included?
It's not a DLCrap. It's an expansion pack. But yeah, it's not included. Probably because it was only released in Germany, in German. At least I think so.
Finally, I got myself HoMM 4 :D Also, I added M&M7 in just for fun. What was the result after 2 hours of gameplay? I came back and bought M&M8 and 9 too. Awesome games!
Crosmando:
Pangaea666: The other game I'm looking at is Beyond Good and Evil. I've seen some comments that the controls may not be good for the PC. Have anyone tried it? Can you recommend it?
I bought it and plan on downloading it tonight. Would have done it last night but a nasty wind storm screwed up my connection. Anyway I'll try to remember to get it running and give you a heads up on it tomorrow some time. IF I can get it downloaded! :D
Post edited May 18, 2013 by tinyE
Pangaea666: The other game I'm looking at is Beyond Good and Evil. I've seen some comments that the controls may not be good for the PC. Have anyone tried it? Can you recommend it?
I recently played it and I can definitely confirm that the controls suck on the PC. Plus it has camera issues and there were a couple of other glitches that may or may not have had something to do with the PC port.

If you are patient, I guess you could overlook it, but it definitely ruined some of my enjoyment of the game.
Post edited May 19, 2013 by Mrstarker
If you have a 360 or PS3 I'd get Beyond Good and Evil HD. Not the best "remastered" version of a game ever, but it's better than the PC version.

But yes, I know this is GOG so some people might not like that suggestion ;)
Mrstarker: I recently played it and I can definitely confirm that the controls suck on the PC. Plus it has camera issues and there were a couple of other glitches that may or may not had something to do with the PC port.

If you are patient, I guess you could overlook it, but it definitely ruined some of my enjoyment of the game.
I can't imagine it being worse than any other 3d platformer from that time, just play it with a cheap gamepad.
morciu: I can't imagine it being worse than any other 3d platformer from that time, just play it with a cheap gamepad.
Oh, did I forget to mention... This game does not have gamepad support, so you will have to emulate it with joy2key or something like that.

I have seen worse ports, but not many.
morciu: I can't imagine it being worse than any other 3d platformer from that time, just play it with a cheap gamepad.
Mrstarker: Oh, did I forget to mention... This game does not have gamepad support, so you will have to emulate it with joy2key or something like that.

I have seen worse ports, but not many.
Oh, well that does kind of suck
Crosmando:
Got in running and she's a beauty, even for me and I have a shit pc. Two things, the mouse wheel can be a bit sensitive but as of this moment I'm using a back up mouse older than the hills because my normal gaming mouse died and my new one is still in transit via UPS.

Second, the screen flickers and this is EASILY fixable only possibly somewhat inconvenient. There is a option for 'Advanced Settings' that gives you a big list of things to turn on or off. Unfortunately the right combination of these seems to be different for each individual pc. :( I guess it took me 20 to 30 minutes of load, look, tweek, load, look, tweek before I got it looking good with no flickering.

In my opinion the game is beyond gorgeous and I normally don't go for the whole cartoon 'Disney' look but this one makes it work.
If I were to buy only one, which game would you guys recommend between Settlers 3, Settlers 2 Gold and Settlers 2 10th Anniversary?
tinyE: Can anyone give me their take on POD and Speed Busters?
I just realized Speed Busters is the PC version of the Dreamcast game Speed Devils. I don't know why they felt a name change was needed. But have you played the Dreamcast version? I can't compare the two but the game on the DC was just an average racing game, nothing special.
tinyE: Can anyone give me their take on POD and Speed Busters?
CrowTRobo: I just realized Speed Busters is the PC version of the Dreamcast game Speed Devils. I don't know why they felt a name change was needed. But have you played the Dreamcast version? I can't compare the two but the game on the DC was just an average racing game, nothing special.
I got it. Fun game but I wouldn't have paid full price for it.
lucasfalcao: If I were to buy only one, which game would you guys recommend between Settlers 3, Settlers 2 Gold and Settlers 2 10th Anniversary?
Check the Settlers forum, tinyE just gave me info on Settlers 2 10th anniversary edition and 3, and there is more info on the other Settlers 2 there as well.