It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heroes of Might and Magic series, Farcry 1&2, Prince of Persia series, Settlers 3, and many more Ubisoft games 50% off, until Tuesday, May 21 at 3:59AM GMT

So, we've heard you like variety. We can relate, everyone loves browsing and picking their favorites. That's why we thought Ubisoft catalog would make for a terrific weekend promo. You can pick and mix from a selection of about 40 [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513]Top Ubisoft Titles, 50% off this weekend. Games of all age, shape, and size await you in the promo page. Whatever your taste in games might be, you'll find something nice and exciting to make your weekend more entertaining. Let's take a quick look at one or two titles, shall we?

Heroes of Might and Magic is a game series so prominent, that it surely needs no introduction. In fantasy turn-based strategies it's quite hard to find a match for this legendary saga that challenges our strategic and management skills since the year 1996. Based on the successful setting of the fan-favorite classic cRPG, Might and Magic, it achieved a great balance between accessibility and complexity that resonates perfectly with gamers. After all these years Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition is still considered by many to be the perfect 4X turn-based title. Some fans, however, prefer the more modern Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle, that takes the beloved mechanics into the beautiful realm of 3D graphics. That's only two titles, though. All of our Might and Magic games, strategy and RPG alike, can be found 50% off in the promo page.

and [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/far_cry_2_fortunes_edition]Farcry 2 introduced a new quality to the First-Person Shooter genre. With large, seamless locations, varied environment, open-ended gameworld, and a healthy dose of realism (just enough to make the combat believable, while keeping it entertaining and fast), it gave the shooter fans the best kind of story-driven sandbox experience. It's also worth noting, that the graphics in both games look excellent even now, years after release. If you enjoy FPS games, these two undoubtedly belong in your GOG.com DRM-free collection.

Right, let's stop here. We don't want to spoil the excitement of discovering what other gems await you in the promo page. Well let you find out that games such as Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, and Rayman Forever are also 50% off this weekend all for yourselves. Ooops. Let's just pretend that didn't happen. You should go to the promo page, now. The promo lasts until Tuesday, May 21 at 3:59AM GMT.
jpolastre: No, but you could still fill me with the assurance that I shouldn't buy those games. I would stay ignorant AND HAPPY.
tinyE: Here, try the demo. That's how I learned about it.

[url=http://www.fileplanet.com/135946/130000/fileinfo/Prince-of-Persia:-The-Sands-of-Time-Demo]http://www.fileplanet.com/135946/130000/fileinfo/Prince-of-Persia:-The-Sands-of-Time-Demo[/url]
Thanks, but I have SoT in my GOG library. (Not that I have played it so far because, you know, backlog and stuff)
It's the other two that I'm trying to talk myself out of buying.

Edit: I'm ignoring PoP 2008 because everyone says it's meh compared to the others.
Post edited May 17, 2013 by jpolastre
Awesome promo, finally picked up all the M&M RPG games.
tokisto: GOG fellas, how similar is The Settlers II: 10th Anniversary of Knights & Merchants (I know the frist is older, with enhanced graphs, but I´ve already played the K&M)? Thanks.
tinyE: I started playing Settlers after I ninjad K&M never having played the genre before. The trip is I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the Settlers games and I despise K&M. Everthing K&M does wrong Settlers does right; better pathfinding, road structure, building structure, resource structure, maintenance. In K&M your troops and workers would just up and go eat when you were in the middle of an attack. WTF!? Thank god that doesn't happen in Settlers and that's but one small example.

Settlers 2 in my opinion is a little jaded on graphics but still great. I prefer 3 and I'm probably going to be burned at the stake for saying that, but in the words of the Black Knight, "I've had worse!"

OOPS you said 10th Anniversary. Well same game only scratch what I said about graphics. The graphics in 10th edition are beyond gorgeous.

and I'm still waiting on an answer pertaining to the SP Campaign of Settlers HOK, anyone?
Thanks for pointing that. I´ll try a demo and see if grab me (hope not, my wallet is crying...)
StingingVelvet: I'd grab all the PoP games if there was some kind of bundle discount, but $20 is too much.
Same. I´m a fan of the series, but don´t have money neither time to play them again.
Have all them already from CDs and other digital stores. I´d love get the GOG version, and I was hoping for that bundle thing that GOG removed.
Post edited May 17, 2013 by tokisto
tinyE: I started playing Settlers after I ninjad K&M never having played the genre before. The trip is I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the Settlers games and I despise K&M. Everthing K&M does wrong Settlers does right; better pathfinding, road structure, building structure, resource structure, maintenance. In K&M your troops and workers would just up and go eat when you were in the middle of an attack. WTF!? Thank god that doesn't happen in Settlers and that's but one small example.

Settlers 2 in my opinion is a little jaded on graphics but still great. I prefer 3 and I'm probably going to be burned at the stake for saying that, but in the words of the Black Knight, "I've had worse!"

OOPS you said 10th Anniversary. Well same game only scratch what I said about graphics. The graphics in 10th edition are beyond gorgeous.

and I'm still waiting on an answer pertaining to the SP Campaign of Settlers HOK, anyone?
tokisto: Thanks for pointing that. I´ll try a demo and see if grab me (hope not, my wallet is crying...)
StingingVelvet: I'd grab all the PoP games if there was some kind of bundle discount, but $20 is too much.
tokisto: Same. I´m a fan of the series, but don´t have money neither time to play them again.
Have all them already from CDs and other digital stores. I´d love get the GOG version, and I was hoping for that bundle thing that GOG removed.
I take it back, I hate Settlers 3! Fucking Amazon hags! Could they have made these missions any more convoluted, and I don't even know what that word means! :P

Now if you'll excuse me I need to get back to playing. What do I care that I haven't slept in three days!?.
I'm a huge fan of HOMM3, but i have played it so much that I am thinking of buying some game that I haven't played.

What do you think, HOMM3 or game I haven't played?
jpolastre: Edit: I'm ignoring PoP 2008 because everyone says it's meh compared to the others.
Actually, Yahtzee, of all people, did recommend it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XQUzKsxNg
dieselguy: I'm a huge fan of HOMM3, but i have played it so much that I am thinking of buying some game that I haven't played.

What do you think, HOMM3 or game I haven't played?
If you have played HOMM3 to death why not get something else, you have just about every genre of game to choose from in this promo.
Telika: So, on what computers does silent hunter 2 actually work, nowadays ?
tinyE: They work fine on mine but I never play them. Little too technical and a little too slow. Evidently real sub life isn't like "Hunt for Red October" or "U-571". Of course I have the rom and not the GOG; don't know if that makes a difference.
I'm quite familiar with the gameplay (I'm fond of sub sims, and I may have played most of the silent hunter series, that one included), so the pace won't be a problem at all for me.

I merely remembered having heard that this game had issues on modern computers, so, I wasn't sure it was worth re-buying it (to have access to it on my laptop abroad). I guess I'll do, anyway. The dedicated forum seems generally positive about win7 64, so i suppose win7 32 is okay...
jpolastre: Edit: I'm ignoring PoP 2008 because everyone says it's meh compared to the others.
Mrstarker: Actually, Yahtzee, of all people, did recommend it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XQUzKsxNg
I didn't like pop 08 much, but I didn't play it for long. i couldn't customise the controls in a way that made them feel as natural as sands of times, and I didn't like its "death-retry" solution at all: sands of times cleverly goes "nope, wait a sec, didn't happen exactly like that", but pop 08 hav a magical elastic flying girl arm catching you mid-air and for some reason putting you back on the wrong side of the pit until you cross it by yourself, which is stupid on too many levels simultaneously and entirely broke the immersion for me.

I played a bit of warrior withing and didn't get much into it or its tone either. For me it's sands of times and that's all. One of the best computer games ever, ever.

Haven't tried the very latest pop game though, forgotten sands. It looked promiing.
Post edited May 18, 2013 by Telika
Agent_Tau: It played the Prince of Persia trilogy on Nintendo Game Cube a long time ago, so I can give you some feedback :)
JaqFrost: Thanks a bundle for the detailed advice! I'm still mulling over what else to get, but your post was really helpful in deciding to give the series a try. +1
Glad I could help :)
Have fun!
Telika: Haven't tried the very latest pop game though, forgotten sands. It looked promiing.
It's almost a remake of Sands of Time with simplified combat and without a princess :( But the jumping mechanics are super fun. If the game was longer and more challenging, it could be great. It's still worth a buy in some promo somewhere :D
All this talk of PoP almost tempted me into buying SoT and TTT for their soundtracks. Sadly, one expensive doctor's visit and some pricey medication kinda makes that impossible this go-around.
Does Settlers 2: The 10th Anniversary play on netbooks?
jpolastre: Thanks, but I have SoT in my GOG library. (Not that I have played it so far because, you know, backlog and stuff)
It's the other two that I'm trying to talk myself out of buying.

Edit: I'm ignoring PoP 2008 because everyone says it's meh compared to the others.
Especially if you haven't played SoT yet, I wouldn't bother with WW and TT. There are some changes to combat and platforming, but I feel it's really SoT that's worth playing. If you do get into PoP WW and TT aren't bad, they're just not as good IMO.

And 2008 was kind of interesting, just with horrible gameplay (I'm not talking about the 'not dying', even without that I found the platforming to be too easy/didn't really feel interactive (think a more 'freerunning/AC' style of platforming) and the combat was QTE vs one enemy only). Forgotten Sands is worth playing if you're a fan of the series but otherwise forgettable (pun intended): platforming was good, combat and story were awful.
Anyone here played that Settlers remake? Decent?
Crosmando: Anyone here played that Settlers remake? Decent?
it lacks the orignal's music so it lacks half of the charm of the original...