It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heroes of Might and Magic series, Farcry 1&2, Prince of Persia series, Settlers 3, and many more Ubisoft games 50% off, until Tuesday, May 21 at 3:59AM GMT

So, we've heard you like variety. We can relate, everyone loves browsing and picking their favorites. That's why we thought Ubisoft catalog would make for a terrific weekend promo. You can pick and mix from a selection of about 40 [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513]Top Ubisoft Titles, 50% off this weekend. Games of all age, shape, and size await you in the promo page. Whatever your taste in games might be, you'll find something nice and exciting to make your weekend more entertaining. Let's take a quick look at one or two titles, shall we?

Heroes of Might and Magic is a game series so prominent, that it surely needs no introduction. In fantasy turn-based strategies it's quite hard to find a match for this legendary saga that challenges our strategic and management skills since the year 1996. Based on the successful setting of the fan-favorite classic cRPG, Might and Magic, it achieved a great balance between accessibility and complexity that resonates perfectly with gamers. After all these years Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition is still considered by many to be the perfect 4X turn-based title. Some fans, however, prefer the more modern Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle, that takes the beloved mechanics into the beautiful realm of 3D graphics. That's only two titles, though. All of our Might and Magic games, strategy and RPG alike, can be found 50% off in the promo page.

and [url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/far_cry_2_fortunes_edition]Farcry 2 introduced a new quality to the First-Person Shooter genre. With large, seamless locations, varied environment, open-ended gameworld, and a healthy dose of realism (just enough to make the combat believable, while keeping it entertaining and fast), it gave the shooter fans the best kind of story-driven sandbox experience. It's also worth noting, that the graphics in both games look excellent even now, years after release. If you enjoy FPS games, these two undoubtedly belong in your GOG.com DRM-free collection.

Right, let's stop here. We don't want to spoil the excitement of discovering what other gems await you in the promo page. Well let you find out that games such as Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, and Rayman Forever are also 50% off this weekend all for yourselves. Ooops. Let's just pretend that didn't happen. You should go to the promo page, now. The promo lasts until Tuesday, May 21 at 3:59AM GMT.
Grabbed PoP Warrior Within (for when I finished Sands again of course), Settlers 2 10th Anniversary and Driver
Also I am just going to mention I would highly recommend Beyond Good and Evil as its great game (although I do not know how PC version is)
SovietSharkey: Grabbed PoP Warrior Within (for when I finished Sands again of course), Settlers 2 10th Anniversary and Driver
Also I am just going to mention I would highly recommend Beyond Good and Evil as its great game (although I do not know how PC version is)
I was on the bubble with G&E but that clinches it. NO WAY I'm getting it! JOKE! JOKE! I was on the bubble but now I AM going to get it.
Agent_Tau: It played the Prince of Persia trilogy on Nintendo Game Cube a long time ago, so I can give you some feedback :)
<snip>
jpolastre: Are you trying to convince me or something? Dammit. [...]
Well... kind of :)
If you are skilled and patient enough to pass through the most difficult parts in WW and TT, that is.

Though I can't make a statement about the quality of the PC port, as I played them on NGC (each twice or three times).
Agent_Tau: It played the Prince of Persia trilogy on Nintendo Game Cube a long time ago, so I can give you some feedback :)
<snip>
jpolastre: Are you trying to convince me or something? Dammit. I thought my wallet would pass this weekend unscathed, now I'm just not so sure.
I hate to screw with your wallet but I have Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and Two Thrones. I paid $25 for them on rom a few years ago, and while kind of short, I totally believe I more or less stole them. :D

SOT is a little rough getting a game pad to work so I play it with a mouse, the other two with the pad, and it really isn't a big deal. The moves you can learn and the crawling up walls and stuff is so cool you find yourself ignoring your quest just so you can flip off balconies and all sorts of other cool Matrix shit. :P
Post edited May 17, 2013 by tinyE
Prince of Persia I-IV? Tempting.

Will you folks be getting the 5th (aka Prince of Persia) as well?
tinyE: I hate to screw with your wallet but [...] you can flip off balconies and all sorts of other cool Matrix shit. :P
YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!
Post edited May 17, 2013 by jpolastre
tinyE: [...] you can flip off balconies and all sorts of other cool Matrix shit. :P
jpolastre: YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!
Do I ever?

*snip*

To summarize, I recommend you try at least PoP: The Sands of Time, and if you enjoy the game type, are not afraid of some serious challenge (and want to know more about the story), I recommend you pick up WW and TT as well. Those two ones can be very frustrating because of some very hard parts (do not expect to play them with keyboard + mouse like you could in Tomb Raider), but are excellent games as well.

Regarding PoP 2008, I haven't played it but had bad feedback about it: your female friend will constantly watch your back, which means you can never die falling. It's like having an unlimited Sand tank, that totally ruins the challenge.
Thanks a bundle for the detailed advice! I'm still mulling over what else to get, but your post was really helpful in deciding to give the series a try. +1
jpolastre: YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!
tinyE: Do I ever?
No, but you could still fill me with the assurance that I shouldn't buy those games. I would stay ignorant AND HAPPY.
You will be happy if you buy the Prince of Persia games, your wallet maybe won't be. But you will be. You will be.

jpolastre: No, but you could still fill me with the assurance that I shouldn't buy those games. I would stay ignorant AND HAPPY.
jpolastre: No, but you could still fill me with the assurance that I shouldn't buy those games. I would stay ignorant AND HAPPY.
Here, try the demo. That's how I learned about it.

[url=http://www.fileplanet.com/135946/130000/fileinfo/Prince-of-Persia:-The-Sands-of-Time-Demo]http://www.fileplanet.com/135946/130000/fileinfo/Prince-of-Persia:-The-Sands-of-Time-Demo[/url]
So, on what computers does silent hunter 2 actually work, nowadays ?
teshra: Imperialism does sound like my kind of game. Having never played and sorry to say, barely even heard of it before, if one or more of you has the time to give me some brief advice. If I could only get one of them, which one is the one to get and why? Thanks.
They are both great, I have played 1 more, but when I play them, I go for both in a row. I probably played these for about a year and not much else! The only other games I have played for months exclusively are Civ4 and Eador, the replayability is incredible, and you dont need nostalgia for it, I only discovered Imperialism 5 years ago.

Heroes 3 ,also one of my favourite games, I played that one alot for the past 15 years,too, but never longer than one or two weeks. I am happy that it has finally been bested by Eador. Except for the music, there H3 is still king of gog.
Telika: So, on what computers does silent hunter 2 actually work, nowadays ?
They work fine on mine but I never play them. Little too technical and a little too slow. Evidently real sub life isn't like "Hunt for Red October" or "U-571". Of course I have the rom and not the GOG; don't know if that makes a difference.
I'd grab all the PoP games if there was some kind of bundle discount, but $20 is too much.