It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Serious Sam, Ghost Recon, Far Cry 1, 2, and more 60% off!

Do you like shooting things? Most gamers do, which makes the mainstream media overly excited and judgemental far too often. But let's not go there. We know that gaming shootouts are kept well-within the boundaries of virtual worlds and are all about fun, challenge, and feeling bad-ass while you relax in front of your computer screen. So, putting aside all controversy around first-person perspective shooters, let's jump right into action with 21 games that go "pew pew pew", "ra-tatatah", and "boom" for your entertainment. This weekend, you can get them with an explosive 60% off discount in our [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fps_legends_weekend_promo_221113]Spectacular FPS Shootout promo! Let's take a look on some of the titles, shall we?

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - War Chest takes you to the fronts of World War II and let's you take part in some of the allied forces most crucial operations. The game became famous for creating a believable and suggestive image of battle conditions with a real infantry soldier in the role of the game's hero. The War Chest edition includes the original campaign that will take you from German bases in Algiers, through the D-Day landing in Normandy, to the occupied France, and both Spearhead and Breakthrough expansions. Enlist now, for only $3.99!

Too much realism for your taste? You prefer fast-paced action with hordes of enemies coming for your bad-ass protagonist and absurdly overpowered weapons at his disposal to cut the baddies to little pieces? No problem! We've got you covered with Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Second Encounter, games that became famous exactly for the type of old-school gameplay you're looking for. Well, that and excellent epic level design. Only $ 2.39 each!

Far Cry is the game that changed the way people perceive video games, thanks to the astonishing CryENGINE. In terms of lifelike graphics, physics, advanced enemy AI, and sandbox style FPS-ing, there is "before Far Cry" and "after Far Cry". Far Cry 2 took the game realism to another level--fully destructible environment, wind, rain, day, and night that affect enemy AI, and a beautiful African setting. The game features a spectacular story presented in a huge single player campaign which takes form 40 to 70 hours to beat. Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition contains the full Far Cry 2 game, including all previously released patches and the Far Cry 2 Fortunes DLC with additional content like new weapons and vehicles. Pick both games for only $3.99 each.

That's just a small taste of all the hardcore FPS action you can get in our Spectacular FPS Shootout promo until Tuesday, November 26, at 4:59AM GMT. Don't miss out!
VultureDude: isn't shadow warrior classic free on steam? what's the difference?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238070/
You linked to the wrong one. Try this one: http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/225160/
Thank you very much for all the advice, I will look into it this weekend. :) Cheers!
Damn Rainbow Six is overpriced....
I picked up Unreal, Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Blood, and Blood 2. The first Unreal Tournament is by far my fave but don't need another copy of it! Never had a chance to play Blood but I remember when it came out it was all over the PC gaming magazines, and I wanted it, so now is my chance!

...and just got Medal of Honor too, solely for the Omaha beach level that I saw so many screenshots of in magazines :D
Post edited November 23, 2013 by bradelli
bradelli: I picked up Unreal, Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Blood, and Blood 2. The first Unreal Tournament is by far my fave but don't need another copy of it! Never had a chance to play Blood but I remember when it came out it was all over the PC gaming magazines, and I wanted it, so now is my chance!
Oh man don't play Unreal 2, it will scar your soul
VultureDude: isn't shadow warrior classic free on steam? what's the difference?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238070/
The difference is the word "Complete." The GOG version has the two expansion packs, while the Steam version is just the core game.
SpiderFighter: I'm more partial to UT than 2004, but I believe I'm in the minority. Also, when I checked the servers today, there were more 2004 games than UT.

Which one did you decide to go with? Sorry I didn't see this until now.
shadowknight2814: I enjoyed the vehicles in 2004, but I agree that UT was an overall better game.
I'm not even sure why that's the case, but I just have a better time in UT than '04. Yes, 2004 is prettier. Sure, there are a couple of new game modes. Still, it feels like something's missing, and the game is not as raw or visceral as its predecessor. I enjoy 2004, but I'm always left wanting to go back to the original UT. Glad to see I'm not the only one! :)
Post edited November 23, 2013 by SpiderFighter
deathmyrk: Well that's awesome. I am pretty much broke from the Big Promo Sale. Gotta decide between UT and UT04. Tough decision... Any suggestions?
SpiderFighter: I'm more partial to UT than 2004, but I believe I'm in the minority. Also, when I checked the servers today, there were more 2004 games than UT.

I am still debating. It really is a very tough decision. I really liked both games for separate reasons. I know I can't go wrong with either though.

I am leaning towars UT99 for now. I have a feeling UT04 will eventually go on sale again sometime in the future, right? Kind of new to this site. I don't know how frequent particular games go on sale...
Post edited November 23, 2013 by deathmyrk

deathmyrk: I am still debating. It really is a very tough decision. I really liked both games for separate reasons. I know I can't go wrong with either though.

I am leaning towars UT99 for now. I have a feeling UT04 will eventually go on sale again sometime in the future, right? Kind of new to this site. I don't know how frequent particular games go on sale...
Just pick one and post the one you picked. I've got your back. ;)
Does Unreal Tournament still have a good online community to find multiplayer matches?
doomdoom11: People really need to play Fary Cry 2 (and 3). Some of the best and most immersive FPS games ever. Yes, even better than some of the FPS games people overrated on this site due nostalgia .
I really wanted to try out the Far Cry series but having done my research (which I always do before a purchase) I think it's beyond my ability and patience in terms of difficulty. Enemies having pinpoint accuracy and eagle vision frustrate me and I usually uninstall such games. Shame really as some reviews are pretty good.
Elmofongo: .

Also stay away from Far Cry 1, get Crysis 1 instead.
I respect your opinion, but I didn't think Far Cry 1 was that bad - apart from having checkpoint saves.

I actually thought that Crysis repeated a lot of the mistakes of Far Cry (for Trigens, see weird aliens)
Elmofongo: .

Also stay away from Far Cry 1, get Crysis 1 instead.
pds41: I respect your opinion, but I didn't think Far Cry 1 was that bad - apart from having checkpoint saves.

I actually thought that Crysis repeated a lot of the mistakes of Far Cry (for Trigens, see weird aliens)
To be honest I actually liked the Aliens from Crysis 1, they were build up big time and final boss was just awesome. At least they did not came out of the freaking blue like the Trigens.

The only problem I did had was the VTOL mission, and even after the game crashes I still pulled through.
deathmyrk: Well that's awesome. I am pretty much broke from the Big Promo Sale. Gotta decide between UT and UT04. Tough decision... Any suggestions?

Still deliberating over UT/UT2004. Current memory makes me understand why UT99 is far superior than UT2004. UT99 did a lot of what most FPS didn't. It was original, provided some of the most brutal weapons in the market, and the combat was addictive. The map design was perfect, and if I remember correctly, the online servers were very functional. UT took a lot of risks.

UT2004 did not try to do anything different, outside of tweaking things, but what they lost is a game that stood out from all of the rest. If I remember correctly, they were neck-in-neck against Quake, and I do remember the game having a visceral, frenetically chaotic feel to the battles. Although what was "new" back then for FPS has become so overly trite and overused, the quick speed overkill is a hook that most FPS designers bank on these days. What also threw me off was Onslaught. Don't get me wrong. I remember the feature was astoundingly awesome, but in itself it just seemed to copy off of other games for its time. That is not to say the inclusion takes away redeeming value from the game, as it does offer more depth to it. But in the end, UT2004 didn't take quite as many risks as had UT; it did not seem as well polished or complete.

UT99 is exceptional because it brought me back to the gritty FPS multiplayer games of yesteryear: Perfect Dark, Goldeneye 007, etc. I know, I only named N64 titles exclusively (for shame). All I had back in the day for PC that was like UT99 was just UT99. I mean there was Duke Nukem, Hexen, and Quake that I have had, but I never played them online. UT99 was the first. I really haven't seen another game of its type before. And, really, some games have come close, but not so much.

I know UT2004 is still more popular than UT99, but that might mirror the type of gamers who are drawn to one or the other. Players who are more into recent FPS will more likely fall into the realm of UT2004, while gamers who are nostalgic may fall into UT99. From that, could it be that UT99 has a more mature community? I have been turned completely away from the most recent online FPS games I have played (COD, Halo 4) because of the lack of maturity of certain players. I have Battlefield Bad Company 2, but because of the experiences I have endured with the two titles aforementioned, I don't think I am missing anything away.

I dunno, I grew up as a teen in a different age, with a different type of audience. I used to love FPS games until about 5 years ago, when developers were looking for something different that I did not find agreeable, and from it I feel that a lot has been lost. In any case, call it nostalgia, I am dead-set on snagging me a copy of UT99.
Post edited November 23, 2013 by deathmyrk
pds41: I respect your opinion, but I didn't think Far Cry 1 was that bad - apart from having checkpoint saves.

Elmofongo: To be honest I actually liked the Aliens from Crysis 1, they were build up big time and final boss was just awesome. At least they did not came out of the freaking blue like the Trigens.

The only problem I did had was the VTOL mission, and even after the game crashes I still pulled through.
Agree with you on them not coming out of the blue like the Trigens, but I definitely had more fun taking out the Koreans. I still enjoyed both games.

However, I preferred the colour pallet of Far Cry 1 - the Crysis games use that current gen console "washed out" look on colours that's supposed to look realistic, but I find depressing.
I loved driving around in Far Cry 2. I repurchased that game in GOG to have it digitally and still like the vehicle handling so much in that game. Specially the different type of vehicles. Really good memories on that front. Far Cry was a bit more gripping for me but I really liked Far Cry 2 more in technical terms. Replayed it a lot.