It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Baldur's Gate 1&2, and other D&D classics up to 80% off

[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ][/url]So, we heard you like Dungeons & Dragons games. Oh, believe us--so do we. The high adventure in the Forgotten Realms simply never gets old. Other D&D settings saw their respective excellent games as well. Each and every one of the 10 classic Hasbro D&D games in GOG.com offer is a gem of its own shine, color, and vibe. We know that every computer RPG fan would like to see their complete collection on their GOG.com shelf. That's why today, we offer you the unbelievable [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ]D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo[/url]! You can get the entire Hasbro D&D collection on GOG.com for as little as $21.90!

With amazing timeless RPG classics such as Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga and--discounted for the first time ever on GOG.com--Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete, this is an offer you simply can't ignore. This is a stacking promo, so the more games land in your shopping cart, the bigger your discount gets (and if you own any of the games from the promo, they already count towards your discount--keeping it fair for the biggest fans). Time to dust off those D20s! There are deeds of valour to perform in many fantastic lands--go to our [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ]D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo page[/url] and complete your collection!

As usual, below you'll find a new episode of This Week on GOG, a short video guide to recent events, promos, and other happenings on the site. By the way, if you haven't already, you might want to follow the GOG.com channel on Youtube, so you won't miss our shows, specials, and exclusive trailers.

But that's not all that's happening on our YouTube channel, no sir! There's a chance to win some games if you're subscribing it. We'll get back to you with some more details later today. Now, don't let us keep you from diving into that [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413 ]D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo[/url], full of games we all love and enjoy.
sushirogue: Is Neverwinter Nights worth it for the 'vanilla' single player or are mods and multiplayer where the real action is? I know this is Good Old Games, but I do like pretty graphics.
BlueMooner: PST is lots and lots of story, BG is lots of story and lots of combat. IWD is lots and lots of combat. NWN has much less combat than all three and the official story is so-so. Bear in mind though that the first three games all have parties of half a dozen guys, while NWN is just you. Apples and oranges.

Another thing to bear in mind is that D&D has gone through multiple Editions as far as rules. While things don't change too much, there are some hefty differences between editions that will take a little getting used to. As I said before, the first three games are all Second Edition (2E), while TOEE and NWN are both 3.5E. Are you the kind of person who has to play things in order from the beginning, or can you play one game, and then play an older game with (seemingly) more clunky controls and rules?

Also, while there are mods for the first three games, they mostly deal with gameplay AFAIK. NWN OTOH has mods that offer a ton of new adventures, new settings, new everything. Once you've played the first three, you know their stories. While there is an official story for NWN, there are so many adventure mods that you'll never be able to play them all. NWN definitely beats the others in terms of different replayabillity.

As for graphics and an idea of what they're like, I suggest popping over to YT and scanning some Let's Plays of the games. That will give you at least a little idea of what you might like.

Buenro-games: Thank you for your explanation regarding TOEE. You definitely did a much better job than I did with regards to explaining why the game is so loved. I guess that when you are wearing pink tainted glasses, it is difficult to not simply gush about a game like TOEE. Perfect it is not. Awesome it is definitely. Thanks Bluemooner.
BlueMooner: Yeah, there's definitely a vibe that TOEE has all by iteself. Add in the nostalgia, and it was a slam-dunk for most of us. Did you know that TOEE is almost an exact replica of the module? You can easily use the module maps to navigate everywhere.

I assume, of course, that you use the Co8 patch?
Assume assume :D. The Circle of Eight project is not something that needs to have its links hidden or such. http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack They have been at it for so long that yeah, they are legend. With regards to TOEE, of course you have to patch it with Co8, that only problem I have with recommending this, is that I am an old timer. I am not sure whether this is needed now or not.. I just know that this game is beautifully executed for its time. I never presumed anything else.

Look should you or should you not. Then yeah, do the Co8 mod and enjoy the TOEE goodness. There i said it.
Post edited April 08, 2013 by Buenro-games
Buenro-games: I am not sure whether this is needed now or not..
I don't know about the GOG version, but the base game, absolutely. I've just got TOEE here from the weekend promo, so I don't know what it needs either (but I still use my CDs, so no probs for me). I imagine the TOEE forum would know, so hopefully people who just bought it will be good to go.

Incidentally, did you understand the intro video? Do you want any lore on the background of the Temple?
Buenro-games: I am not sure whether this is needed now or not..
BlueMooner: I don't know about the GOG version, but the base game, absolutely. I've just got TOEE here from the weekend promo, so I don't know what it needs either (but I still use my CDs, so no probs for me). I imagine the TOEE forum would know, so hopefully people who just bought it will be good to go.

Incidentally, did you understand the intro video? Do you want any lore on the background of the Temple?
Intro video? Lore on the background of the Temple? Umm, sorry but I don't normally answer weird, but umm yeah. Probably won't answer again.
I had no intention of playing Demon Shard or Dragon Shard... But seriously... I'm buying them anyway, no need to pay 40 cents less... :D

Nice, you own all games from this promo.
Have fun and don't forget to check out our next offer.
Great, I'll get my new card only tomorrow, when the promo is over. No NWN2 for me this time :(
BlueMooner:
Buenro-games:
You guys aren't helping me keep my wallet any safer, do you know that?

Siegor: Well, i guess I'll get Neverwinter night 2... and maybe Baldur's gate 2... and Icewindale 2...
I'm going to buy the whole list won't I?
I feel your pain, bro. I really do.
BlueMooner: PST is lots and lots of story, BG is lots of story and lots of combat. IWD is lots and lots of combat. NWN has much less combat than all three and the official story is so-so. Bear in mind though that the first three games all have parties of half a dozen guys, while NWN is just you. Apples and oranges.

Another thing to bear in mind is that D&D has gone through multiple Editions as far as rules. While things don't change too much, there are some hefty differences between editions that will take a little getting used to. As I said before, the first three games are all Second Edition (2E), while TOEE and NWN are both 3.5E. Are you the kind of person who has to play things in order from the beginning, or can you play one game, and then play an older game with (seemingly) more clunky controls and rules?

Also, while there are mods for the first three games, they mostly deal with gameplay AFAIK. NWN OTOH has mods that offer a ton of new adventures, new settings, new everything. Once you've played the first three, you know their stories. While there is an official story for NWN, there are so many adventure mods that you'll never be able to play them all. NWN definitely beats the others in terms of different replayabillity.

As for graphics and an idea of what they're like, I suggest popping over to YT and scanning some Let's Plays of the games. That will give you at least a little idea of what you might like.

Yeah, there's definitely a vibe that TOEE has all by iteself. Add in the nostalgia, and it was a slam-dunk for most of us. Did you know that TOEE is almost an exact replica of the module? You can easily use the module maps to navigate everywhere.

I assume, of course, that you use the Co8 patch?
Buenro-games: Assume assume :D. The Circle of Eight project is not something that needs to have its links hidden or such. http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack They have been at it for so long that yeah, they are legend. With regards to TOEE, of course you have to patch it with Co8, that only problem I have with recommending this, is that I am an old timer. I am not sure whether this is needed now or not.. I just know that this game is beautifully executed for its time. I never presumed anything else.

Look should you or should you not. Then yeah, do the Co8 mod and enjoy the TOEE goodness. There i said it.
Having played ToEE a bit without the mod, I'm looking to trying it again with this Co8 mod.

The world seems really dead/sterile with just the basic CD install so hopefully this makes the experience better since I couldn't really get into it too much. I'd say the combat with how all the initiates/turns are laid out was the best aspect I remember, but overall, the experience wasn't that great so for new players, maybe start out with it since it seems to be recommended so often.
Well, now I finally bought the whole promo, so nobody has a reason to kill me anymore. I figured, even if I'm not a big fan of the games (I mean, a few of them I've played before at least) that's really one heck of a deal.

So, the first thing I'm gonna check out as soon as I've had my big exam at the end of April, is gonna be Planescape: Torment, just to see what all the fuss is about.
It was a fab deal and had I not bought NWN2 on its release here I'd have been all over this deal. As I own all the IE games & NWN 1, it's a tough sell to buy them all again for digital convienence & protection (though I want ToEE). Maybe I'll have luck and it will have an 80% discount again, maybe without stacking (nah)
Well I bought Neverwinter Nights 2, 5 hours before this promo ended

Great games
Great promo
Cheap prices
Cool extras
DRM free

because of this, NWN2 is now a higher seller than system shock 2, this is how you sell games, GOG :)
I wanted to say "Damn you GOG with your massive discounts you made me spend $21" ......but then I bumped on one of my older posts from the "Suggestion for your sales" topic:

[i]GabiMoro: Suggestion for your sales:
Pick 5, save 80%....the list should include games from the top 20 bestselling chart.
That should do the trick! [/i]

Not quite what I asked, but it's very similar nonetheless.

May I sugggest for you next sale:
Pick 5, save 80%....the list should include adventure games like: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall The Longest Journey, Syberia 1&2 etc :).
It's finally over. Ah, D&D Dynamo promo, we hardly knew ye.
I was trying to stay away from purchases... you guys are terrible!! bought the whole list (except for NWN2 which it already was on Steam)
I loved this promo- short of the amazing Christmas sales last year, this was the best one best yet.

I was especially glad to see that long-time customers like myself (+3 years now) weren't penalized for previous purchases. In fact, I only had one game one the list I hadn't bought yet- Neverwinter Nights 2- and that was only because I've got NWN 2 Gold sitting on my desk in front of me. But then I thought- geez $4 for a $20 game, DRM free, and includes content I haven't seen yet?? Yea, that's worth it for sure!

Even better- I could gift sale-priced games to friends- so I ended up buying three gift copies for friends, and we're going to have NWN2 mutiplayer events now. I'm so excited that I'm reading how to setup and configure a campaign module instead of doing homework right now. This is going to be so much fun!

Downside: It's too bad that the NWN forums/support and multiplayer authenticaion on Bioware are dead now. Thankfully there are other NWN resources out there, but bummed Bioware isn't one of them.

Way to go- good work GOG! (and thanks to everyone who wrote the great infomative reviews for NWN 1 and 2, I love this community!)

-Negatif
GabiMoro: May I sugggest for you next sale:
Pick 5, save 80%....the list should include adventure games like: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall The Longest Journey, Syberia 1&2 etc :).
I think you want me to spend the rest of the year living off ramen and salty water.