It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This week, we’ve prepared the greatest adventures from Activision--and more for a total of more than 50 games--[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/activision_weekend_promo_310513]all available for 50% off until Monday, June 3rd at 11.59 p.m. EDT.

If you like kings, and quests thereof, the best way to start your weekend is via our King's Quest collections. Kings Quest 1, 2, & 3; Kings Quest 4, 5, & 6, and Kings Quest 7 + 8 all combined tell a sweeping tale of generations of heroes who work ceaselessly to protect the magical realms of Daventry. With clever puzzles, charming graphics, moving stories, and a grand cast of characters, this series is one of the hallmarks of the adventure genre for a reason.

Maybe you're an adventurer, but one more in the vein of a hero of derring-do; a dashing rogue, a brawling fighter, or a wise and crafty wizard. No worries, we have just the thing for you: The Complete Quest for Glory series. Starting as a hero who's learned everything that the Famous Adventurer's Correspondance School has to offer, you begin in the town of Spielberg, determined to right the wrongs that plague the sleepy hamlet. Originally billed as "three games in one" due to the fact that different character classes dramatically change the style of the playthrough, this series takes you from the humblest beginnings of heroism to the grand and sweeping heights of fame and fortune. Travel the world, save the girl, and right wrongs. It doesn't get any better!

The Zork Anthology offers you the chance to play the original (like the first ever) adventure games Zork I, Zork II, Zork III, Beyond Zork, Zork Zero, and Planetfall. The Zork saga is text adventuring at its finest. Welcome to the Underground. Your greatest challenge lies ahead – and downwards. Return to Zork is rediscovery of the previous adventures, but now with graphics (live actors and video sequences.) and a superb soundtrack. Zork: Nemesis, another part in the franchise offers spectacular production value--Hollywood actors, dramatic live-action video, hypnotic ambient music and dazzling special effects. Zork: Grand Inquisitor is the last installment of the famous Zork adventure series. It uses the same formula as its predecessor: first-person perspective, 360 degree camera rotation, pre-rendered backgrounds, and live actors. Humor and comical pop-culture references accompany you throughout the entire game and guarantee that you will never get bored. So if you are looking for a not so serious oldschool adventure then this gem is for you. All games releases from Zork series are $2.99 on GOG.com this weekend only.

Visit the promo page and go on an adventure!
I am very happy with this sale. Three titles I wanted from GoG on sale, plus a couple others I wanted to check out on are sale too! :D Glad I waited a day before making my purchases.

Now my problem is what to play. lol
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than half of my wish lists' games are here!!!!
I'm still half begging for Zeus in fear of buying only to find that 'Slow God' bug. Man, if only life wasn't so complicated. I swear I'd really be in trouble if I ever moved out of my parents' house.
Hmmmm, i'll probably finally grab the King's Quest and Space Quest games.

Would anyone recommend Phantasmagoria and Spycraft? Live action FMV adventure games usually don't appeal to me, but i'm kinda tempted to pick those up for the cheezy feel those FMVs give off.
haydenaurion: Hmmmm, i'll probably finally grab the King's Quest and Space Quest games.

Would anyone recommend Phantasmagoria and Spycraft? Live action FMV adventure games usually don't appeal to me, but i'm kinda tempted to pick those up for the cheezy feel those FMVs give off.
Spycraft yes, it's great! :) It's got some very unusual spy-based puzzles with interesting mechanics, fun to solve. Not played Phantasmagoria...
Interested in Call to Power 2 (Civ is my favorite series, and I've heard good things about it), but I bought so many bundles this week I feel overwhelmed. Also, I don't have the patience right now to learn convoluted interfaces, and that one looks rather clumsy. Wonder what the learning curve is. Still, I've wanted this game for a long time, so I guess I'll buy it at some point or other, just not now.
tamkatie: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than half of my wish lists' games are here!!!!
Time to dust off the credit card then. :D
Post edited May 31, 2013 by assassin33
The game card for Police Quest 1+2+3+4 fails to mention it now includes the original Police Quest (EGA) and not just the VGA remake.
haydenaurion: Hmmmm, i'll probably finally grab the King's Quest and Space Quest games.

Loved them both, own them both, and well worth buying for the 'cheese' factor :) -- They're also actually a blast to play.
DireRabbit: I am very happy with this sale. Three titles I wanted from GoG on sale, plus a couple others I wanted to check out on are sale too! :D Glad I waited a day before making my purchases.

LOL, same for me. Was going to buy both Krondor games (well, all three as one is a pack of two) on Thursday and thought, "Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait to see what's in Friday's sale". Glad I did -- off to buy them now :)

Thanksk GOG.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by Bloodygoodgames
tinyE: I'm still half begging for Zeus in fear of buying only to find that 'Slow God' bug. Man, if only life wasn't so complicated. I swear I'd really be in trouble if I ever moved out of my parents' house.
The Slow God bug is a little annoying, but doesn't really have any impact on gameplay, so it's no reason not to buy it.
In case some people haven't played the Kings Quest or Quest for Glory series, there are free remakes available here:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

Give them a try and if it's your cup of tea, now is the time to purchase the originals at GOG!
DireRabbit: I am very happy with this sale. Three titles I wanted from GoG on sale, plus a couple others I wanted to check out on are sale too! :D Glad I waited a day before making my purchases.

Bloodygoodgames: LOL, same for me. Was going to buy both Krondor games (well, all three as one is a pack of two) on Thursday and thought, "Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait to see what's in Friday's sale". Glad I did -- off to buy them now :)

Thanksk GOG.
I didn't know about the weekend sales. Just discovered this site and signed up because I wanted to play Zeus again and my CD copy is MIA. Waited to see if I'd have the weekend free before making my purchase.

Now, I've got the weekend free, and not only Zeus to play; Pharoah, Caesar 3, Arcanum and Hero's Quest! :D Considering adding Call to Power 2, but I'm already having difficulties deciding what to play first. lol

Think I'm gonna like this site. :)
tinyE: I'm still half begging for Zeus in fear of buying only to find that 'Slow God' bug. Man, if only life wasn't so complicated. I swear I'd really be in trouble if I ever moved out of my parents' house.
Licurg: The Slow God bug is a little annoying, but doesn't really have any impact on gameplay, so it's no reason not to buy it.
I was given a link to a thread where a lot of people have posted it almost renders the game unplayable. Sorry to keep harping in this but I am TOTALLY strapped for cash so I really need to be careful about this.
DireRabbit: I didn't know about the weekend sales. Just discovered this site and signed up because I wanted to play Zeus again and my CD copy is MIA. Waited to see if I'd have the weekend free before making my purchase.
Welcome to GOG. The regular schedule is as follows:
Monday: Classic Gem Promo. An older title discounted by 40%-75%, deal lasts 24 hours. Usual discount is 60%, though 50% is the second most common.
Wednesday: Indie Gem Promo. Same as Mondays, but for newer titles. Deal also lasts 24 hours.
Tuesday and Thursday are release days. One or two releases, classics or indies, with the rare new title thrown in as well. Depending on release, it may have a 10%-20% release discount, a 50% release discount or no discount at all (usual case).
Friday is the Weekend sale day. Deal lasts for 3 and a half days, and a group of games is selected to be discounted. Selection may be publisher (like this one), genre (like the previous FPS Flashbomb sale), thematic (Nordic Countries) or just a random assortment. Different discounts, usually between 40%-80%, but usually it's 50%-60%.

Treat the above schedule as guidelines. We have had promos on different days, we've had releases on different days, and we have had a few contests as well. Feel free to browse the forums and join in the conversation, we don't (usually) bite.
I am surprised that almost nobody mentions Call to Power 2. Is it not a very good game, then?