It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Adventures of Shuggy, VVVVVV, Gateways, Time, Gentlemen Please! + Ben There, Dan That!, and Escape Goat for as little as $0.99 each!

GOG.com 5th birthday celebration continues, and today we've got something super lined up for you. A special bundle release of exceptional indie games hit GOG.com shelves and--guess what--they're on promo! You can get each of them 60-80% off, with each title you add to your cart adding 5% to the final discount. That means all the releases in the [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/super_5_promo]Super 5 Promo can be yours for as little as $5 total! (Well, $4.95, to be exact.) The special offer lasts for the first week, that is until Tuesday, October 1, at 9:59AM GMT. After that, the games will be priced at--you guessed it--$5 each. Enough talk, let's get down to business and get a closer look at the Super 5 Promo releases!

The Adventures of Shuggy trailer video

In the puzzle-platformer genre The Adventures of Shuggy stands out with the multitude of cleverly designed stages and diverse mechanics involving gravity shifting and time manipulations. Don't let the cute artwork fool you, and get ready for some challenging platforming and brain-twisting!

VVVVVV trailer video

Talking 'bout challenging platforming, Terry Cavanagh's VVVVVV is difficult enough to be considered a "punishment game", but it's also so addicting, that you'll have trouble putting it down. Brilliant gravity-shifting gameplay, excellent level design, and originally presented story more than just makes up for the game's simplistic graphics. Take it for a spin! (Windows + Mac!)

Gateways trailer video

Bending the space-time continuum on the micro-scale is the theme of [url=http://www.gog.com/game/gateways]Gateways[/url], a retrotastic puzzle-platformer from the devs of The Adventures of Shuggy. Master the gateway guns to travel across a room instantly, change size, walk on walls and even travel in time. (Windows + Mac!)

Escape Goat trailer video

Escape Goat is a puzzle platforming game where you take on the role of a goat who was imprisoned for witchcraft. Take heart, for a friendly magic mouse accompanies you, and he can help in the most unexpected ways. Together you must solve 50 rooms of the treacherous Prison of Agnus in order to escape. Level editor included! (Windows + Mac!)

Time, Gentlemen Please! + Ben There, Dan That!

Ben There, Dan That! and its sequel Time Gentlemen, Please! are a couple of rip-roaring point-and-click adventure games. With tongue firmly in cheek, sit back, relax, and put your mind to work solving puzzles, and reading some very funny dialogue. It's like a book, only good!

There you have it, 5 excellent new indie additions to GOG.com catalog, for a little under $5 if you get them all until Tuesday, October 1, at 9:59AM GMT. That's our Super 5 Promo, a part of GOG.com 5th birthday celebration!
Post edited September 24, 2013 by G-Doc
Zeeaire: ow comon guys... again more indie games? I'm always suprised when real 'old good games' are released cause that happens not that often...not frequently enough, at least in my opinion xD, but anyway rare pleasure is greater pleasure and my wallet thanks me^^
KMetalMind: I understand your comment as in the past I was in the same boat. I suppose you still buy games in some other platform. Personally, I stopped doing that not long ago, and now I hope every game (new or not) gets released here DRM free.
I'm glad you say so, and I didn't want to generalize it, I know lots of people like this kind of games, I think was just kinda disappointed cause I fear the games I really badly want aren't to be released....and therefore I always feel a little bit angry because more and more indiegames seem to be released o.o and yes, I love how GOG deals with DRM its really to be appreciated...and no, I usually dont buy games on other platformes if you think of online stores, I really dislike steam and so on...but I like to buy games with their cases if its a real fantastic one =D
I like this. Instead of releasing cartoony indie platformers on regular release days and charging high prices, releasing them in a bundle like this or, later, at a lower price tier is a good move. People who love these types of games will get more for their money, and probably more new releases, while the biggies and classics will take the center stage once again.

This is a move that will likely make everyone happy. While a cartoony platformer once in a while is good, it seems lately the whole indie development community has become saturated with this type of game so having them like this at lower price points helps people who want to get all of them for less cash.

I hope this type of release day happens more, with indies being released alongside classic or big releases. Of course I'd also like to see more variety in indies as well, with some good RPGs, point-and-clicks, simulations etc. It seems they go in cycles-the last one was Tower Defense games, now it's cartoony platformers, next it will be zaxxon-like shooters (wishful thinking here) or something else.

As long as sales like these happen, it is worth buying games like this since sometimes it's just good to enjoy a cartoony platformer, Tower Defense or whatever the next trend is.
KMetalMind: I understand your comment as in the past I was in the same boat. I suppose you still buy games in some other platform. Personally, I stopped doing that not long ago, and now I hope every game (new or not) gets released here DRM free.
Zeeaire: I'm glad you say so, and I didn't want to generalize it, I know lots of people like this kind of games, I think was just kinda disappointed cause I fear the games I really badly want aren't to be released....and therefore I always feel a little bit angry because more and more indiegames seem to be released o.o and yes, I love how GOG deals with DRM its really to be appreciated...and no, I usually dont buy games on other platformes if you think of online stores, I really dislike steam and so on...but I like to buy games with their cases if its a real fantastic one =D
The problem is that there are still some big publishers which will avoid GOG or don´t publish all their games (LOL at Square-Enix only releasing Eidos ones or Ubisoft missing some IPs). It amazes me how many Kickstarter and not kickstarter projects have been started literally which are "spiritual sucessors" (AKA original developer doesn´t own rights, publisher don´t care about the IP or just ruin it). Examples:
* Mighty Nº 9 to Megaman
* Armikrog to The Neverhood
* Evil within to Resident Evil
* Crimson Dragon to Panzer Dragoon
* Lost Oddysey to Final Fantasy
* Blue Dragon to Dragon Quest
Etc

I suppose one of the games you want is Gex :) That was an amazing underrated platforming game. I personally have it emulated for PSX, although I would get it on GOG without any doubt. I suppose you know it, but there´s actually an official wishlist here, and voting could help getting those games on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist

There´s many awesome games with low votes...
5 games for $4.95 & especially without Steam's always have to dial home DRM that only punishes legally paying customers, but in no way can realistically stop determined pirates?! Instant purchase, in fact I immediately paid you GOG & have already downloaded; thank you! :)
SpiderFighter: Already have VVVVVV, so my wallet gets a break. Thanks, GOG! :) I can't wait until you release the AD&D Gold Box series at the end of this birthday promo! Right? Right?
I'm also waiting for GOG to offer the SSI AD&D games... ;)
Zeeaire: I'm glad you say so, and I didn't want to generalize it, I know lots of people like this kind of games, I think was just kinda disappointed cause I fear the games I really badly want aren't to be released....and therefore I always feel a little bit angry because more and more indiegames seem to be released o.o and yes, I love how GOG deals with DRM its really to be appreciated...and no, I usually dont buy games on other platformes if you think of online stores, I really dislike steam and so on...but I like to buy games with their cases if its a real fantastic one =D
KMetalMind: The problem is that there are still some big publishers which will avoid GOG or don´t publish all their games (LOL at Square-Enix only releasing Eidos ones or Ubisoft missing some IPs). It amazes me how many Kickstarter and not kickstarter projects have been started literally which are "spiritual sucessors" (AKA original developer doesn´t own rights, publisher don´t care about the IP or just ruin it). Examples:
* Mighty Nº 9 to Megaman
* Armikrog to The Neverhood
* Evil within to Resident Evil
* Crimson Dragon to Panzer Dragoon
* Lost Oddysey to Final Fantasy
* Blue Dragon to Dragon Quest
Etc

I suppose one of the games you want is Gex :) That was an amazing underrated platforming game. I personally have it emulated for PSX, although I would get it on GOG without any doubt. I suppose you know it, but there´s actually an official wishlist here, and voting could help getting those games on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist

There´s many awesome games with low votes...
I see...and I'm sure they do their best to fullfill the whishes, but sometimes i think it would be nice to know if a game just can't be realized so you wouldn't wait for it. I'm waiting for Dark Earth quite urgently as it's not (well) playable on nowadays operating systems. (A big thanks to GOG for allowing the games to played without problems!)
I don't know how to think about the whole bunch of kickstarters, but sometimes you can find fairly interesting projects.
But that doesn't sound that positive xD
I hope Lost Oddysey doesn't belongs to the 'ruined' spiritual successors as I intend to play it in my vacation x)

And yes, you're absolutely right, I really think GOG should offer Gex because I think it can't be missed as a brilliant platformer even if I've already played it on PSX ,too :) So i could tell from your picture we could also be in need of a good old Sonic platformer xD awww...there are too many wonderful platformers to be released :)
well anyway let's wait and see...
ValamirCleaver: 5 games for $4.95 & especially without Steam's always have to dial home DRM that only punishes legally paying customers, but in no way can realistically stop determined pirates?! Instant purchase, in fact I immediately paid you GOG & have already downloaded; thank you! :)
SpiderFighter: Already have VVVVVV, so my wallet gets a break. Thanks, GOG! :) I can't wait until you release the AD&D Gold Box series at the end of this birthday promo! Right? Right?
ValamirCleaver: I'm also waiting for GOG to offer the SSI AD&D games... ;)
That would be nice on one hand, but you'd either have to play on half screen and save the other half screen for reading descriptions from the printed materials or print out the materials yourself to really enjoy those games. It would be nice to have the Eye of the Beholder games here, though, and maybe some of the silver box games like Hillsfar.
It seems there must be some strange rights hold-up with the early games because GOG.com has a good relationship with Hasbro which owns D&D through Wizards of the Coast (which is why the fate of Atari will have no bearing on the sales of D&D on GOG) so Hasbro's probably not the hold-up. It may have something to do with whoever owns the properties left by SSI (although SSI is starting to show up on GOG as well, so that is a good sign).

For me, though, I would gladly pay $9.99 for a GOG version of the EOTB trilogy, even though I still have them on CDs and they still work.
low rated
rrr8891: Sacrastic whining with a girly anime face is a great way to get yourself downrepped. Good job!
keeveek: You seem to care more than I do.
Crosmando: Serial Experiments Lain is a good show, you should watch it.
keeveek: It requires certain level of intelligence which he is lacking.
Yeah, your favorite cartoon is way too sophisticated for me.
Post edited September 26, 2013 by rrr8891
low rated
rrr8891: Yeah, your favorite cartoon is way too sophisticated for me.
Exactly. Now go brush your teeth because mama will be angry otherwise.
low rated
^retard
Zeeaire: I see...and I'm sure they do their best to fullfill the whishes, but sometimes i think it would be nice to know if a game just can't be realized so you wouldn't wait for it. I'm waiting for Dark Earth quite urgently as it's not (well) playable on nowadays operating systems. (A big thanks to GOG for allowing the games to played without problems!)
I don't know how to think about the whole bunch of kickstarters, but sometimes you can find fairly interesting projects.
But that doesn't sound that positive xD
I hope Lost Oddysey doesn't belongs to the 'ruined' spiritual successors as I intend to play it in my vacation x)

And yes, you're absolutely right, I really think GOG should offer Gex because I think it can't be missed as a brilliant platformer even if I've already played it on PSX ,too :) So i could tell from your picture we could also be in need of a good old Sonic platformer xD awww...there are too many wonderful platformers to be released :)
well anyway let's wait and see...
You can´t know for sure. I would have never thought Rayman Origins would made it here, being a 2011 game and an Ubisoft game, yet it came. On the other hand, if I´m not mistaken, The Neverhood rights are now owned by EA, who has many classic games published on GOG, and I don´t see that game coming here.

We can´t know the real reasons why those games aren´t here, and maybe one title can´t be here for this or that reason, but that can change too over time. Maybe your favourite game can´t be here right now, but that can change if some conditions are met. So it really doesn´t matter if game "X" can´t be here now, as it could be here later. Specially if GOG keeps growing, we´ll see more and more companies coming over here to publish classic games. It´s a cheap way of making money, and that´s why companies like EA publish classic titles here, yet you rarely will see more modern ones.
rrr8891: ^retard
I don't normally use the downrep button apart from spam but I feel you warrant it. What's more I'm happy to be open about it.

Oh yes, and it really is too sophisticated for you.
Nice giveaway/promo (GOG isn't making any money off of these games during this sale). I didn't get all of them, but was happy with the parts of the bundle I did pick.
low rated
rrr8891: ^retard
SirPrimalform: I don't normally use the downrep button apart from spam but I feel you warrant it. What's more I'm happy to be open about it.

Oh yes, and it really is too sophisticated for you.
^fag
seriously guys come on were all SUPPOSED to be adults here, were all entitled to our own opinions and this forum is a great place as it allows for people with all views and all walks of life to express those views and allows for some light banter, without mob reaction like most other places, but resorting to comments like the above really is childish.
Please guys dont make this place like the others.
Post edited September 26, 2013 by chezybezy
low rated
Dammit, I was attacked!